Chorus Worldwide Announce 2 New Switch Games
Chorus Worldwide have announced they will be publishing both When The Past Was Around and Rising Hell on the Japanese Switch eShop this Summer, with the games 60% and 70% complete respectively. In other company news: Never Give Up releases in Japan on June 4 and Coffee Talk has been updated. Full details below…
When The Past Was Around
When the Past was Around is an adventure point-and-click puzzle game about love, moving on, letting go, and the joy and pain of everything in between.
This is the story of Edda, a girl in her early 20s.
Like anyone in her age, she’s lost.
She lost her way in the journey to achieve her dreams.
She lost her way in the journey to find love.
That until she met The Owl.
The man that would help her burn her passion,
the man that would help her find the spark in a relationship,
and also the man that would teach her about heartbreak.
The game tells a bittersweet tale between a girl and her lover in a surreal world consisting of disjointed rooms from memories and time. With each gathered clue, solved puzzles, and unlocked door, the girl will find her way, unraveling the secrets between her and her lover, the secrets which she used to know.
- Personal and ubiquitous. It’s a game about overcoming the past and finding the self
- Open the treasure chest, drink tea, doing laundry. Various puzzles to solve and many mysteries to uncover in everyday familiar objects and activities
- A sweet and whimsical journey set in a series of hand-drawn, down-to-earth settings
- Atmospheric violin music will accompany you from the peaceful days to the angstiest moments
Fight your way through hordes of blood-lusting demons and escape hell as you unlock new characters and talents to create chaos in the randomly generated and ever-changing landscape of hell!
Heavy-metal riffs and pixelated madness will accompany you as you fight your way out from the depths of fiery hell, facing the bugs-ridden Beelzebub’s Lair, and other pits of hell with different creatures, bosses, and living traps lurking around. Chaining combos, jumping maneuvers, and talent building will be your key to help you climb your way out of hell in this adrenaline-pumping vertical platformer.
Rising Hell features:
- Vertical Rogue-lite: Climb out of the ever-changing procedurally generated hell while the ever-present threat of permadeath fills your veins with adrenaline.
- Epic Boss Battles: Slay gigantic ancient demons such as Dagon, Beelzebub, and many more.
- Multiple Game Modes: Choose between campaign and challenge modes complete with its own leaderboards.
- Unlockable Characters: Play and unlock different characters that will give you a variety of different playstyles and strategies.
Never Give Up
Never Give Up is a masocore, tough-as-nails groundhog day platformer where levels respawn with more obstacles and rooms until you survive the set or Give Up.
“This Game Looks Too Hard”
If you’re on the fence about whether this game is for you, here are some things you might not know about Never Give Up.
• Easy Mode – Play with checkpoints, we’re not judging.
• Infinite Jump Mode – Yes, you read that correctly – go nuts, float above it all.
• Give Up Button – Skip to the next level, return when you’ve cooled off, or don’t.
It’s true Never Give up was designed to be very difficult, but it was also designed to allow players some control over just how difficult. Everyone should have a chance to never give up.
- 6 unique worlds and boss battles
- 30 level sets totaling over 150 levels
- 155 collectible coins placed in tantalizing, precarious positions
- 30 secret objects hidden throughout the game
- 21 unlockable outfits (gotta look cute for your date with a buzzsaw)
- 1 Egoraptor taunting you throughout the entire game
- Leaderboards, split timers, speedrunning tools, and more
We’ve also included accessibility features such as button remapping, contrast sliders, and animation/screenshake toggles for folks with sensitivities to these sorts of things.
Hello, Coffee lovers!
To keep you enjoy Coffee Talk, we brought to you small updates:
- Now you can see Achievements you got inside the game,
- Coffee Talk Webcomic series are now accessible (!) inside the game,
- Minor bug and animation fixes
And also, we are happy to announce some good news:
- Russian translation is on the work!
- New Story DLC (!!) is in the development phase!