Thursday Update：Mario Tennis Aces Celebrity Tournament, Plus More News！
Please support me by buying me a coffee!
● Mario Tennis Aces will see a “Stay at Home Slam” virtual tournament on Sunday featuring Serena and Venus Williams and may other stars with the players’ fees and prize money going to charity. Check out the brackets here.
● Luigi’s Mansion 3 received a huge Version 1.4.0 update adding 3 new minigames for multiplayer ScreamPark mode, 6 new themed ghosts, 3 new outfits for Luigi, and 3 new floor themes in co-op ScareScraper mode as part of the game’s DLC. Check out the patch notes and screenshots at this post.
● Nintendo Switch updated to Version 10.0.2 which fixes an issue where a Nintendo Switch console with system menu version 10.0.0 or 10.0.1 does not set up a new Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, sometimes causing incorrect joystick control.
● Chorus Worldwide announced both the Metroidvania game Outbuddies DX for release on Switch in Japan this Summer and the slice-of-life adventure game A Space for the Unbound for release on Switch in Japan this Winter.
● The physical version of the beat ’em up Bare Knuckle IV Special Edition (Streets of Rage 4) releases for both Switch and PS4 in Japan on July 30 priced at ¥5,040 with the box art and trailer posted here. The game is now available digitally.
● Electronic Arts will be publishing the racing game Burnout Paradise Remastered for Switch in Japan on June 19 priced at ¥5,500. Check out the box art here.
● Take-Two Interactive Japan will be publishing the arcade-style action game WWE 2K Battlegrounds for Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia this Fall. Check out the Japanese announcement trailer here.
● The Splatoon 2 “Special Demo” event is now available for the next week allowing you to experience Turf War, Ranked Battle, Salmon Run, and more. Check out the press release and promo video at this post,
● In other tidbits: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition‘s “Future Connected” epilogue will feature a new battle system, Super Mario Maker 2 added the “Headgear Hustle” Ninja Speedrun, Kadokawa Games released Langrisser Ⅰ＆Ⅱ‘s “Classic Mode” as free DLC, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix updated to Version 1.0.4 adding a new “Touch Play” feature, and Human: Fall Flat updated to Version 1.4.5 adding a new icon and three new skins (Sky Diver, Chef, and Engineer).
● Both Kemco and City Connection apologised for the referencing of the PC game Harusuberiya Jojishi 2 in the Switch strategy RPG Revenge of Justice although the game will continue to be sold. Check out more details at this post.
● Shadow dropping on the Japanese Switch eShop this week (all April 30) were the 2D platform game Goblin Sword, the animal fighting game Fight of Animals, the arcade digging game Diggerman, the retro platform game Gunpowder, and the action puzzle game No Gravity Lab (Grab Lab). Check out this week’s full line-up at this post, which also adds SNK GALS’ FIGHTERS, with this week’s demos posted here.
● Announced for the Japanese Switch eShop next week (May 7) are the beat ’em up Megabyte Punch, the 4-player party game Gerritory, the tennis simulation game Tennis Club Story, the text-based adventure game A Dark Room, and the arcade-style shoot ’em up Task Force Kampas (Japan will get it on May 14).
● Newly available to preload on the Japanese Switch eShop are The Wonderful 101: Remastered (it’s 7.6 GB btw), the horror adventure game (Spirit Hunter) NG, the mountain-bike racing game Lonely Mountains: Downhill, the action puzzle game Monochrome World, and the strategy role-playing game BRIGANDINE: The Legend of Runersia.
● DANGEN Entertainment revealed that their Paper Mario-esque adventure RPG Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling will release worldwide for consoles on May 28 with preloads live from May 14. Check out the game’s announcement trailer here.
● In mobile news: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Daisy Mae’s Pickin’ Patch garden event (full details of how to play along with 14 images posted here), the Springtime Scenery Break season event, and many more happenings (details here), the second Fire Emblem collaboration event began in Dragalia Lost with full details posted here, and Fire Emblem Heroes saw Legendary Hero Edelgard: Flame Emperor arrive with today’s full line-up of events posted here.
● The Famitsu charts should be posted on the front-page shortly after this update but we’ve posted the Nintendo-only Famitsu Most Wanted here with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 number one for the fifth consecutive week. Ushiro is again number one on the newcomers chart.
● Shigesato Itoi and Hobonichi launched the HOBONICHI MOTHER PROJECT with several projects planned including a book releasing this year. Check out the introduction video here.
● In new videos: an Animal Crossing: New Horizons “Show Off Your Style!” video here, the opening movie and four gameplay videos for SNK GALS’ FIGHTERS here, Japanese trailer for Diggerman here, Japanese trailer for Gunpowder here, Japanese trailer for Grab Lab here, Japanese trailer for Minna no Hanafuda here, Japanese trailer for Goblin Sword here, Japanese trailer for Tennis Club Story here, announcement trailer for Task Force Kampas here, another Japanese promo video for Moving Out here, and the introduction video for G-MODE Archives 03 Kururin☆Cafe here.
● This will likely be the final ever daily update posted here. I know from the stats that not many of you read these, but thanks for doing so if you’re one of the few! Stay safe!