Friday Update：Nintendo Accounts Compromised, Plus More News！
Please support me by buying me a coffee!
● It is no longer possible to sign into a Nintendo Account using a Nintendo Network ID after 160,000 unauthorised log-ins were confirmed by Nintendo to have occurred since the beginning of April.
● A Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch “Mother’s Day Set” is available at the My Nintendo Store including two physical copies of the game, two styluses, and four Super Mario Paper Gift Bags.
● TETRIS 99 saw the 12th Grand Prix / Maximus Cup / Teto 1 Cup event begin with a Ring Fit Adventure theme (shown here) free for those scoring 100 event points or more.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate saw the “The Spirits of Mana” spirit event begin with Duran & Angela, Kevin & Charlotte, and Hawkeye & Riesz all pictured here.
● Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order also updated to Version 4.0.1 fixing bugs where the Deadpool costume cannot be obtained, an insufficient ability orb, and an inability to continue in Infinity Trials. The full patch notes will shortly be updated to this post.
● Sega will be updating Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix to Version 1.0.4 on April 30 adding a new “Touch Play” feature along with the usual bug fixes and stability improvements.
● Koei Tecmo Games updated Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout to Version 1.0.5 (1.0.13 in Japan) correcting an issue where the Gather Rate for “Effects” on the Guide would sometimes not become 100%, along with various other bug fixes and defects.
● Hamster announced four Data East titles for its Arcade Archives series with the classic platform game BurgerTime, the racing game Burnin’ Rubber the beat ’em up Trio The Punch – Never Forget Me…, and the shoot ’em up Darwin 4078.
● The final two released Nintendo Switch eShop games to release this week are Yoiyami Dancers priced at ¥1,000 and Seiken Densetsu 3 Trials of Mana priced at ¥6,578. Check out the updated list of digital releases in Japan this week at this post.
● GungHo announced a “Ninjala Pass” (season pass) for its upcoming Ninjala game with each of the game’s seasons lasting between 8-10 weeks with new weapons, stages, and more. Check out the latest developer diary video here.
● Thunderful Publishing will finally be publishing the Switch version the mountain biking game Lonely Mountains: Downhill on May 7, with the Japanese release being priced at ¥2,499.
● 505 Games will be publishing the hack & slash deck-building hybrid Book of Demons on the Japanese Switch eShop at some point in May. The western release in April 30.
● Prototype opened up the teaser website for Grisaia: Phantom Trigger revealing that the game will also support English.
● Orange updated the Switch version of Inuwashi～Urabure Tantei to Ojou-sama Keiji no Ikebukuro Jiken File～ correcting typographical errors and some sound data, speed adjustment of automatic message sending, and other display adjustments.
● For the second week running, both Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Animal Crossing: New Leaf topped the respective Switch and 3DS eShop charts in Japan. Check out the full top 10s for both here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Daisy, Pecan, Kitt, Graham, Rizzo, Pate, and Buck all added to the game. Check out the official artwork for the new animals here.
● Dr. Mario World will be adding one of its whackiest characters yet on Monday with Dr. Goomba Tower who is pictured at this post.
● Dragalia Lost will see Gala Dragalia begin tomorrow with the dragon Mars added. Check out Mars’ profile and the event trailer here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Solo Skills (featureing Mareeta: Sword of Stars, Perceval: Knightly Ideal, and Yarne: Timid Taguel) and Grand Hero Battle Revival – Oliver: Admirer of Beauty both begin.
● Super Mario Run saw the appearance rate of 5★ items in the Bonus Game in Remix 10 increase for a limited-time.
● This week’s full Nintendo-only software and hardware charts from Japan are posted here with Animal Crossing: New Horizons back on top selling a further 286,586 units and is now at 3,611,246 physical sales in Japan, leapfrogging both Pokémon Sword & Shield and Splatoon 2. The multi-format top 10 is also posted here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +240 (0.51%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 46,900.00 JPY.
● Nintendo applied for an amiibo related patent (essentially an abridged version of an existing patent) with several images posted here. The patent also reveals that Yusuke Amano and Aya Kyogoku invented the amiibo.
● Riki announced a new Famicom game for Spring with Astro Ninja Man. Check out screenshots, packaging, and promo video featuring the game’s awesome soundtrack here.
● Two new Japanese TV commercials for Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch here.
● A Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions “German Junior Youth” trailer here.
● The Japanese launch trailer for Yoiyami Dancers here.
● The Dragon Marked For Death Version 3.0.0 update trailer here.
● The remastered Colony 9 theme from Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition here.
● A “Beginner Course” video for My Hero: One’s Justice 2 featuring the Katsuki Bakugo voice actor, Nobuhiko Okamoto, here.
● And MAGES. uploaded an old STEINS;GATE ELITE TV commercial here. Stay safe!