Monday Update：Fire Emblem Series Turns 30, Plus More News！
Please support me by buying me a coffee!
● The first Fire Emblem game Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light celebrated its 30th anniversary with two scenarios added to the Family Computer Nintendo Switch Online app. There were also a number of mobile events, which are detailed below…
● Two upcoming visual novel games from Idea Factory received release dates (and CERO ratings) with Hakuouki Shinkai Ginsei no Shou set for July 30 (promo video here) and Cupid Parasite set for August 20 (promo video here). Idea Factory also opened up a teaser website for Birushana Senki ～Genpei Hika Musou～ with promo video posted here.
● Oizumi Amuzio announced they will be localising the off-road racing game Spintires: MudRunner – American Wilds (as MudRunner：American Wilds) for Nintendo Switch in Japan on June 18/
● Inti Creates announced that the Dragon Marked for Death Version 3.0.0 update has been postponed from April 21 due to the coronavirus.
● Game Studio have updated Kishi Fujii Souta no Shogi Training to Version 1.0.3 adding an introduction to challenges from Professor Souta Fujii to the shop as well as minor bug fixes.
● Cosen will be localising the platformer, action adventure, shoot ‘em up, Metroidvania, stealth, and JRPG mash-up game SuperMash for Japanese Switch release later in 2020.
● Dragon Quest Rivals will add an Expansion Card to the 10th Card Pack “Hakai to Souzou no Frontier” on April 28. Check out the introduction movie and 16th live broadcast here.
● Toydea have updated the Doggie Ninja The Burning Strikers game to Version 1.1.0 with balance adjustment of tamago and wasabi, changed the UI until goal scoring, and the COM reaction to passing.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Traditional Clothing Collection added yesterday. Check out the full range here.
● Dr. Mario World will be undergoing maintenance on April 23 from 10:00 to 18:00 JST (April 22 from 18:00 to 02:00 PT).
● Dragalia Lost saw Tempest Chimera added to Void Battles (details here), the Fire Emblem: Lost Heroes event revival (details here), Chapter 13: Return from Darkness added to the main campaign (details here), the return of the Summon Showcase, Fire Emblem: Lost Heroes (details here), the Avenue to Power double drops event, the Double rupies for Avenue to Fortune event, the Main campaign double drops event, the Main campaign half-stamina event, and Wyrmprints added to the wyrmprint Treasure Trade lineup. The second Fire Emblem Heroes event will also arrive on April 30.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Special Heroes: The Start of It All (featuring Marth: Legacied Hero, Caeda: Princess of Talys, Merric: Changing Winds, and Palla: Sisterly Trio) and Grand Hero Battle Revival – Lyon: Shadow Prince both begin.
● Nintendo updated the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app to Version 1.12.0 adding iOS 13 support and bug fixes.
● This week’s COMG! rankings sees Animal Crossing: New Horizons back on top with 320 points. Final Fantasy VII Remake is down to second with 125 points. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is also number one with TSUTAYA and GEO.
● And our Weekly Famitsu preview post for Issue 1638 is up here with The Idolmaster: Shiny Colors, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Trials of Mana.
● TV Tokyo will be airing reruns of the Pocket Monsters anime in Japan from next week as production work has been temporarily suspended.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock decreased today by -900 (1.92%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 45,930.00 JPY.
● Nomada Studio announced that GRIS has sold more than one million copies worldwide across all platforms.
● Two Nintendo Korea Nintendo Switch Lineup commercials featuring Super Mario Party, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Minecraft here.
● And the latest introduction videos for Bokuhime PROJECT here. Stay safe!