Thursday Update：Jump Force Coming to Switch, Plus More News！
Please support me by buying me a coffee!
● Jump Force will finally be getting a Switch release with Jump Force Deluxe Edition arriving within 2020 and including the first Characters Pass adding nine DLC characters.
● With Nintendo shares now at an over two year high with Switch shipments resuming in Japan, it appears that production (for both Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite in China is lower than planned. Nintendo commented on the situation saying: “In order to prevent the infection outbreak from widening, many of the game consoles are planned to be sold through retailers’ internet sites among others, so please kindly check them out.”
● PLAYISM will publish the 3D adventure & rhythm action game Giraffe & Annika for Switch and PS4 at retail in Japan on August 27 priced at ¥4,378. Check out a new promo video and Japanese box art here.
● DMM Games announced they will be publish the action roguelite farming simulator Atomicrops for Switch and PS4 in Japan this Summer priced at ¥3,278 with a physical version listed. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Idea Factory updated Olympia Soiree to Version 1.0.1 correcting the background name and fixes other minor problems.
● And check out nine screenshots for Yo-kai Gakuen Y ～Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu～ for Switch and PS4.
● Jupiter announced a fourth Picross for Nintendo Switch with Picross S4 releasing worldwide on April 23. The game is available to preload for ¥1,000 with a demo also available. Check out the Japanese trailer and my new “Picross News” image header at this post.
● Arc System Works shadow dropped the side-scrolling beat ’em up Kunio-kun The World ～Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun～ (Renegade) and the detective adventure game Tantei Jinguuji Saburo PRISM OF EYES 〜Kyoshoku no Yoru〜 on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥500 and ¥600 respectively. Check out this week’s now complete Japanese Switch eShop line-up at this post.
● FuRyu will be localising the Metroidvania game Ghost Parade for Switch and PS4 in Japan this year priced at ¥4,840. The Switch version will be digital only where-as the PS4 will also see a physical release. Japanese trailer posted here.
● In G-MODE Archives series news: the RPG Flyhight Cloudia released for ¥450 (and then ¥500 after May 13) with the surreal life sim Ai to Roudou no Hibi confided for April 23. The dates for the action puzzle game Kururin☆Cafe (April 30) and the volleyball game Beach Volleyball Girl Shizuku (May 7) while pencilled in, aren’t set in stone. Two further titles were announced with the side-scrolling skateboard action game Sukebooo Man and the action RPG Shijou Saikyou Miyamoto Julia. Check out screenshots for the new announcements here and here and the trailer for the first game here.
● CFK announced they will be publishing the puzzle RPG Fairy Knights ~Seirei no Kishidan~ on the Switch eShop worldwide on April 30 priced at ¥1,100. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Tripper Room announced that the Touhou Project rhythm game Yoiyami Dancers: Twilight Barrage Dancers will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on April 24 priced at ¥900 until May 6 and then ¥1,000.
● Rainy Frog will be localising Windmill Kings for Japan on April 23 as Little Night Wars with preloads now available for ¥500. Japanese trailer posted here.
● As well as the above mentioned Picross 4D demo, CRAYON SHINCHAN The Storm Called FLAMING KASUKABE RUNNER!! and the newly released The Casebook of Arkady Smith also saw new demos available.
● AO Tennis 2 is now available to preload on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥6,980. The game launches domestically on May 14 published by Oizumi Amuzio.
● Also newly listed on the Japanese Switch eShop (although not available for preload) is the boss-rush game ITTA priced at ¥1,520. Armor Games Studios will publish it on April 22.
● Worker Bee will be publishing the watercolour adventure game Dordogne for Switch in Japan in 2021. Check out the gallery here.
● Ullucus Heaven updated Puchitto Cluster to Version 1.0.1 on Switch fixing the problem where battles were not established mainly in the online battle mode.
● And the official website for the JRPG War of Ashird (known as “Senjin no Ashird” in Japan) is now live at http://kumihosoft.com/.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Pop Quiz: Sakura Season 4-6 available in Happy Homeroom.
● Dr. Mario World saw stages 541 through 560 added to World 14 with the a Dr. Peach reward for clearing the Special Stage. New events included a Battle Box Boost event, a Star Event, and an increased Doctor Appearance Rate.
● Dragalia Lost will see Tempest Chimera appear in Void Battles on April 20.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Odd Wave Skills (featuring Berkut: Purgatorial Prince, Mercedes: Kindly Devotee, and Byleth: Tested Professor), Grand Hero Battle Revival – Rutger: Lone Swordsman, Mjölnir’s Strike: Shield phase all begin, and a A Pair of New Tomes map available in Tactics Drills: Skill Studies.
● This week’s Famitsu charts are delayed due to the coronavirus. You can check out this week’s Nintendo-only Famitsu Most Wanted at this post with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 topping the wanted charts and Ushiro topping the newcomers charts.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +270 (0.58%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 47,000.00 JPY. This is the highest level since March 2018!
● Crytek will reportedly be bringing the first-person shooter Crysis Remastered to Nintendo Switch, in addition to PC, PS4, and XB1.
● SmileBoom will be releasing the programming software SmileBASIC 4 in Europe on April 23 priced at £19.99. Check out the English promo video here.
● Planet Entertainment released a follow-up statement (posted here) regarding Cooking Mama: Cookstar and Office Create claiming that the game’s release was unauthorised.
● Ichiko character trailer for Uta no☆Prince-sama♪Amazing Aria & Sweet Serenade LOVE for Nintendo Switch here.
● Japanese trailer for Super Pixel Racers here.
● A guest character trailer for FAIRY TAIL featuring Ultear Milkovich, Lyon Vastia, Flare Corona, and Minerva Orland here.
● And the fourth of 10 introduction videos for Bokuhime PROJECT here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, shop at our affiliate page, and buy me a coffee! Stay safe!