Wednesday Update：Animal Crossing: New Horizons Sells 3m, Plus More News！
Please support me by buying me a coffee!
● Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the fourth Switch game to sell more than 3 million physical copies in Japan, achieving the statistic in less than three weeks! Image above thanks to Mel.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will see a “Brawl Veterans Represent!” tournament begin on April 10 featuring fighters from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Check out the full list of participants, items, and stages at this post.
● Gunka o Haita Neko will not be one of the games to be delayed in Japan this Summer as it has been rated a “C” (15) and will release on June 18. Final box art posted here.
● The Pokémon Sword & Shield games underwent maintenance earlier today, although no version update at this time.
● Onion Games’ shoot ’em up BLACK BIRD will be getting a limited print run with Limited Run Games, opening April 10〜May 8.
● Tsuri Spirits Nintendo Switch Version will see a Tsuri Spirits Joy-Con Attachment from Hori on July 21 priced at ¥2,728 with a bundle also releasing. Bandai Namco will also be updating the game adding a Party Mode with an Asian-English release as “Ace Angler” also announced. Check out images for the attachment here.
● Ubisoft’s Just Dance 2020 is seeing the “Just Dance Unlimited” subscription service free for a month in Japan allowing users to access over 500 songs.
● Check out several new screenshots for Mr. DRILLER DrillLand at this post.
● This week’s Hamster release will bt the 1987 Konami shoot ’em up Arcade Archives Flak Attack. Check out screenshots and trailer at this post.
● Un Je Ne Sais Quoi announced that the narrative adventure game Dordogne will also be coming to Japan in 2021. Both trailers for the game have been posted here.
● The Switch version of Muse Dash finally updated to Version 1.1.5 adding the “Cute Is Everything Vol.5” music pack and the April Fool’s event.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the Fire Emblem Series 30th Anniversary Celebration begin with a whole host of events listed here. Today also saw New Heroes: Journey Begins (featuring Rinkah, Forrest, Lilith, and Midori), Forging Bonds: The Fire Within, and Mjölnir’s Strike (led by Oliver). The second category in the Fire Emblem Heroes: Voting Jubilee event is “The Most Graceful Dancing Duet!”
● Mario Kart Tour saw the beginning of the Yoshi Tour adding Egg Hunt Yoshi and coloured Birdos to the mix. Check out the tour trailer at this post.
● Our Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1636 preview post is up here with Final Fantasy VII Remake cover. This week’s Famitsu review scores also included Olympia Soiree with 33/40, Exit the Gungeon with 27/40, Hifuu Bouenkyou with 28/40, and Piczle Cross Adventure with 31/40. Check out the full list of Switch review scores from the past there years here. Resident Evil 3 also scored 36/40 in the magazine and DOOM Eternal 34/40.
● Reservations have also opened up in Japan for the LEGO Super Mario Mario to Bouken no Hajimari 〜 Starter Set here.
● This week’s Famitsu top 10 saw Animal Crossing: New Horizons sell a further 423,367 copies, more than double the second placed Resident Evil 3 (which sold 189,490). Switch was the best-selling console with 154,640, although this will drop sharply next week due to Nintendo suspending domestic shipments. View the full top 10 at this post.
● Kirby Café HAKATA will also be closing in Japan from April 9 until further notice. In other coronavirus related news: Arc System Works and Square-Enix employs are now working remotely.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +400 (0.93%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 43,590.00 JPY.
● Both Mario Tennis Aces and Octopath Traveler have been sent in for approval in China (source).
● The first promo video for Issyo ni Asobo♪ Koupen-chan here.
● Capcom TV Episode #120 featuring Shinsekai Into the Depths here.
● An Animal Crossing: New Horizons “Island Life is Calling!” video here.
● An English Fire Emblem: Three Houses Expansion Pass trailer here.
● The Steam trailer for Dragon Marked For Death here.
● A Korean trailer for Moving Out here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, shop at our affiliate page, and buy me a coffee! Stay safe!