Friday Update：Nintendo Comment on Switch Delays, Plus More News！
Please support me by buying me a coffee!
● An official statement from Nintendo today acknowledged that Nintendo Switch shipments are getting delayed and that “the situation has not changed” since February. Read more at this post.
● ARMS saw the Party Crash revival begin featuring Spring Man vs. Ribbon Girl. The game is still available for free to Nintendo Switch Online members.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate saw the beginning of the “Animal Crossing Spirits! Yes, Yes!” spirit event. Check out Orville & Wilbur, C.J., Flick, Daisy Mae, and other spirits here.
● Animal Crossing: New Horizons was updated to Version 1.1.3 which fixes an issue where balloons stop showing up. The Bunny Day event is of-course now live.
● Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition will also offer 90+ remastered music tracks as well as the all-new epilogue story, Future Connected.
● Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – The Official Video Game will be adding the 4x100m relay sport to the game on April 17 along with the fifth demo.
● Fortnite added the Deadpool Outfit today. Trailer posted here.
● A few release window updates: Orangeblood is now listed as 2020 in Japan and no longer early 2020, Arrest of a stone Buddha is also listed as 2020, and Void Bastards is listed as PC only in the new Famitsu, and not Switch.
● The 3D crab fighting game Fight Crab is finished, although the release date may be affected due to the coronavirus.
● Animal Crossing: New Horizons unsurprisingly topped the Japanese Switch eShop charts with Good Job! debuting at number five. Check out the full top 10 for both Switch and 3DS here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Katie’s sakura swing return for a limited-time along with more items available for Reissue Crafting. Details and images posted here.
● Dragalia Lost director Yuji Okada outlined the game’s plans for the April month which are posted here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw another Feh Channel presentation today (video and recap here) which includes a 30th anniversary of the series on April 20 and a change to the next New Heroes Summoning Event where you can choose a Hero to summon for free on the 40th summon. Today saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Guidance skills featuring Tana: Winged Princess, Hinoka: Blue Sky Warrior, and Olivia: Sky-High Dancer.
● Mario Kart Tour will see the Yoshi Tour begin on April 8.
● In more industry news stemming from the coronavirus pandemic: the Fire Emblem EXPO II scheduled for May 05～06 has been cancelled along with the Trials of Mana 25th Anniversary Concert scheduled for May 10. Delayed is the date to pre-book tickets for Pokémon the Movie: Coco from April 17 to an unspecified date.
● In news we’ve just heard of, although apparently came into affect five weeks ago, was the permanent closure of the Nintendo Game Front at Panasonic Center TOKYO.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +550 (1.33%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 41,880.00 JPY.
● City Connection announced the JALECO License Catalog website for business partners looking to use the Jaleco IP for games, goods, events, and collaboration for game design using the IPs.
● PlatinumGames will be making their fourth Platinum4 announcement shortly on the special website.
● Inti Creates announced an INTI CREATES Live #11 on April 7 at 21:00 JST (05:00 PT) with apparently, big news.
● The opening movie for eBASEBALL Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 here.
● Four videos for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX featuring the comedy duo Pekopa here.
● An accolades trailer for Animal Crossing: New Horizons here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, shop at our affiliate page, and buy me a coffee! Stay safe!