Friday Update：Nintendo of America Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19, Plus More News。
Please support me by shopping here (use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● A Nintendo of America employee has tested positive for COVID-19 with the other Nintendo workers they were in contract with, now in self-quarantine. Nintendo is subsequently allowing all employees in Washington state and California to work from home.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate saw the beginning of the “Spirits Fit for a Fight” spirit event featuring Ring Fit Trainees, Dragauxm, and Ring pictured here. The rules for the second Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Challenge are also posted here with the event taking place this Sunday.
● Check out the full translated patch notes for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers‘ Version 1.0.2 update here.
● Success revealed that the Switch version of Umihara Kawase BaZooKa! has gone gold and releases in Japan on May 28 with preloads opening on April 23.
● The bug-fixing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX patch will arrive on March 18.
● Inti Creates will update Dragon Marked For Death on April 21 adding the playable character Oracle and Bandit. Check out the trailer here.
● Trials Rising Season 5 “Arena of Menace” will be coming to Japan on March 26. Details and trailer posted here.
● The Japanese box art for Kowloon Youma Gakuenki ORIGIN OF ADVENTURE (both limited and standard editions) is posted here.
● And check out a Japanese magazine advert for Shoujo Jigoku no Doku Musume here.
● Teyon Japan will be revealing a new game next week with a teaser clip posted here.
● Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX is now number one on the Japanese Switch eShop. Check out the full top 10 for both Switch and 3DS here.
● Gameloft revealed that the Switch version of Asphalt 9：Legends has been downloaded over 4 million times and will soon deliver a huge update with the video here.
● Goonya Fighter updated to Version 1.1.1 adding two Additional Rules DLC (“Bomber Fighter Insanity!” and “Running On Fumes?! Natural Jet Propulsion Battle!”) priced at ¥70 each and the “First-Aid Boxes and some TLC” experimental battle.
● Super Bomberman R is 34% off on the Japanese Switch eShop (and priced at just ¥1,980 until March 25.
● Check out four new screenshots for Working Zombies here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Island Wall & Floor Collection available for a limited-time. Image posted here.
● Dragalia Lost saw all players gifted 10 tempest orbs and 10,000 eldwater to help unbind the mana circles of adventurers who gained mana spirals.
● Fire Emblem Heroes added Sharena Quests.
● Super Mario Run saw the Loads of Coins event return.
● Bandai Spirits announced that the Ichiban KUJI Animal Crossing Lottery will now take place on May 16 at 7-Eleven, Ito-Yokado, and Nintendo TOKYO stores across Japan.
● Animal Crossing: New Horizons pre-order points on Comgnet are currently 590 (Final Fantasy VII Remake is second place with 231 points).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock decreased today by -1,600 (4.60%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 33,220.00 JPY. The financial results for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2020 will also take place on May 7.
● Both Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe have been approved for official release in China and will launch on March 16.
● Square-Enix say that their 2020 line-up “is stronger than ever” and are also exploring options to share games with fans in response to the cancellation of E3 2020.
● PlatinumGames revealed a new in-house Platinum Engine.
● Qureate are bringing their Nintendo Switch escape game Prison Princess to Steam on April 3, priced at ¥1,980 / $19.99.
● The Too Kyo Games announcement we wrote about yesterday is a TV anime Akudama Drive. Check out the first promo video here.
● A new TV commercial for Yo-kai Watch 4++ featuring Jinpei Jiba here.
● A Spinda promo video for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX here.
● The second teaser movie for Working Zombies here.
● A 24 minute gameplay video for Bokuhime PROJECT here.
● A character trailer for Bartolomeo in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 here.
● The “Feel The Power” trailer for Just Dance 2020 here.
● The English launch trailer for My Hero: One’s Justice 2 here.
● The DOOM Eternal “Official Launch Trailer” here.
● Two Asian trailers for the physical release of Moving Out here.
● And another Ninja Box gameplay video here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!