Friday Update：Miyamoto Says ‘Mario Does Not Kill People’ Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here (use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Our second part of the Weekly Famitsu interview with Shigeru Miyamoto has been posted here and is a fascinating read with Miyamoto revealing that Mario doesn’t kill people but he does trample insects and pull turtles out of shells!
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate saw the “Spiky Vs. Round? The Ultimate Battle” tournament begin. Check out the full rule list, available fighters, and items at this post.
● Level-5’s upcoming Yo-kai Gakuen Y game will be featured in the April 2020 issue of CoroCoro Comic which is available from March 15 in Japan. Check out a teaser screenshot here.
● Fitness Boxing (known as Fit Boxing in Japan) has surpassed 600,000 physical shipments and digital sales worldwide on Nintendo Switch.
● Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix has now surpassed 150,000 physical shipments and digital sales in Japan and Asia on Switch. The second and third DLC packs also release on March 13 with a teaser video posted here.
● Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – The Official Video Game added Akiyo Noguchi & Tomoa Narasaki from Sport Climbing and Mima Ito & Hayata Hina from Table Tennis (singles and doubles) to the game. Introduction videos posted here.
● Kemco announced that the visual novel Death Match Love Comedy! will release for Switch, PS4, and Steam on June 25 with only the PS4 version being physical. The Switch version will be priced at ¥3,000. Check out the promo video here.
● CFK announced they’ll publish the mystery adventure game MazM: Jekyll and Hyde for Switch and Steam worldwide on April 2 priced at ¥1,640. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Level-5 will be holding a massive eShop sale from March 13-19 with Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl – Gold, Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy – Deluxe Edition, Ni No Kuni Remastered: Wrath of the White Witch, and Yo-kai Watch 1 for Nintendo Switch all available for just ¥1,000 each.
● Preloads for Animal Crossing: New Horizons have made the game number one yet again on the Japanese Switch eShop. View the full top 10 for both Switch and 3DS here.
● Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!! will see the Touhou Project Arrange Pack 3 DLC on March 12, priced at ¥1,650, and adding 10 new songs.
● Regista updated both De:Yabatanien and UORiS DX to Version 1.0.1 with minor bug fixes and feature improvements in both.
● A “Sega Spring Sale” is now live on the Japanese Switch eShop until March 31 with 10% off Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (¥5,910), 25% off Team Sonic Racing (¥4,941), 15% off Sonic Mania (¥1,683), and 10% off Sonic Forces (¥2,960).
● Dr. Mario World players who have modified in-game data have found themselves banned and unable to retrieve their save data. Read the full statement from Nintendo and LINE here.
● Dragalia Lost saw a gift of 10 quality honey and 10 blessed ethon ashes to all players to celebrate the ongoing A Dash of Disaster facility event.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Altina: Dawn’s Trueblade win the A Hero Rises 2020 event and will be gifted to all players on March 11. Today saw a Summoning Event and Forging Bonds event, both entitled “Harmony amid Chaos”, with the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Heroes Ferdinand, Lysithea, Bernadetta, and Annette.
● Mario Kart Tour will see the Baby Rosalina Tour begin next Wednesday set in London and at least featuring an alternative costume for Rosalina (teaser image here).
● The Sonic the Hedgehog movie has postponed in Japan from its original launch date of March 27. No new date has been announced.
● Animal Crossing: New Horizons pre-order points on Comgnet are currently 414 (Final Fantasy VII Remake is second place with 213 points).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock decreased today by -510 (1.34%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 37,410.00 JPY.
● Megadimension Neptunia VII has been rated for Switch release in Korea.
● Seven gameplay videos for Collar×Malice for Nintendo Switch here.
● More new videos from the upcoming Japanese release of Just Dance 2020 here.
● A character trailer for Cavendish in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 here.
● An opening video for the physical version of Human Resource Machine Deluxe here.
● And another gameplay video for Ninja Box with commentary here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!