Tuesday Update：Amazing Volt Tackle Trademark, Switch System Update, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here (use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo, Creatures, and Game Freak have applied for a new trademark for Amazing Volt Tackle (仰天のボルテッカー / Gyouten no Volteccer) in Japan. Check out the actual application at this post.
● Nintendo Switch hardware was updated to Version 9.2.0 with “General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.”
● Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution will release on PS4, XB1, and Steam on March 24 along with the free Switch content update. Check out the update trailer here.
● Nippon Ichi Software updated Void Terrarium to Version 1.0.2 adding several new terrarium objects, implementing dungeon and cursor left stick movement, plus many other minor corrections and adjustments.
● Mediascape announced the Touhou Project strategy RPG Hifuu Bouenkyou will launch on the Japanese Switch eShop in mid-March.
● CFK updated the Switch version of Princess Maker -Faery Tales Come True- to Version 1.0.4 fixing an issue of the teacher’s home visit event and adding a shortcut key for schedule.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the flower-themed Wall & Floor Collection newly available. Check out the images and full list of items here.
● Dr. Mario World will see new stages added on Thursday with six hours of maintenance preceding.
● Dragalia Lost saw the new Summon Showcase, A Dash of Disaster (Part Two) begin with featured adventurer Mitsuba. Profile and video here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes sees Altina ve Sothis as the finalists in the Voting Gauntlet: AHR 2020 Finals event. Mjölnir’s Strike: Shield phase also began today.
● Mario Kart Tour‘s multiplayer begins for all payers on March 9 at 12:00 JST (March 8 at 20:00 PT). Gold Pass subscribers can also compete agains the world’s best players at 150cc and 200cc, and compete for the “S” rank.
● Animal Crossing: New Horizons pre-order points on Comgnet are currently 387 (Final Fantasy VII Remake is second place with 206 points).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock decreased today by -290 (0.78%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 36,800.00 JPY.
● NIS America announced that Void Terrarium will release in the west this Summer in the trailer here.
● As the way things stand right now: both E3 2020 (June 9-11) and EVO 2020 (July 31-August 2) are to go ahead. Japan’s Olympic minister Seiko Hashimoto golf parliament that the contract with the IOC “calls for the [Tokyo 2020] Games to be held within 2020″ implying a postponement could happen.
● Dai Gyakuten Saiban (Great Ace Attorney) planner Shinsuke Kodama left Capcom at the end of February.
● A promo video and pre-release livestream for Kishi Fujii Souta no Shogi Training here.
● Part one of the grand opening story video for Kirby Café HAKATA here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!