Thursday Update：All The Day’s Nintendo News Before The Animal Crossing Direct！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Idea Factory announced the otome visual novel game VARIABLE BARRICADE NS is coming to Switch on June 18 priced at ¥6,930 with a limited edition also scheduled. Promo video for the Vita version posted here.
● Prototype announced that the PS Vita visual novel game Gunka o Haita Neko will be coming to Switch in June. Check out the Vita promo video here.
● Sega Games announced it is localising Zumba Burn It Up! for the Japanese market this Summer as Zumba de Shibou Nenshou! priced at ¥5,478.
● Nintendo announced that the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order DLC Pack 3 – Fantastic Four: Shadow of Doom will release on March 26.
● Taito will be updating the Darius Cozmic Collection on March 5 adding Darius Plus (PC Engine), Super Nova (SNES), and Sagaia (Genesis). The PS4 version also launches on that date.
● SAMURAI SPIRITS (Shodown) will add Mina Majikina as DLC on February 27. Check out her trailer here.
● Spike Chunsoft will now be publishing Indivisible for Switch in Japan with the game now 70% complete and scheduled for Summer release.
● Digital Crafter announced the animal fighting game Fight of Animals will be coming to Switch in late March. The Steam version has just added Tricky Fox and Bad Dog. Check out trailers for them here.
● RED FLAG SHIP announced the visual novel game EVE rebirth terror will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on February 27 priced at ¥6,380.
● Regista announced the horror adventure game De:Yabatanien will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on February 27 priced at ¥1,496. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Sparpweed announced the puzzle game ibb & obb will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on March 5 priced at ¥1,580.
● Fruitbat Factory announced the visual novel game SeaBed will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on March 19 priced at ¥2,200. Switch trailer posted here.
● Phoenixx has acquired many of the games that UNTIES were scheduled to release including the sliding puzzle game Keen – One Girl Army which now launches this Spring. Launch trailer posted here.
● Dangen Entertainment announced the 16-bit-style RPG Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition is coming to the Switch eShop worldwide on March 26. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Eastasiasoft announced the shoot ’em up Vortex Attack EX will be coming to the Japanese Switch eShop on February 27 priced at ¥1,000. Japanese trailer posted here.
● PLAYISM announced the adventure game The Tiny Bang Story will be releasing on the Japanese Switch eShop on March 5 priced at ¥999. Japanese trailer posted here.
● CareuX announced development has begun on an othello game called Sushi Reversi for Switch. Check out early gameplay here.
● Teyon Japan announced it will be publishing the beat-’em-up Redeemer: Enhanced Edition (as Redeemer Souryo no Ikari) on the Japanese Switch eShop on February 27 priced at ¥2,500.
● Cosen announced the platformer BALTHAZAR’S DREAM will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on March 5 priced at ¥1,100. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Starsign released the pinball game collection Adventure Pinball Bundle (Dragon Pinball, Pirates Pinball, and Titans Pinball) on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥600.
● Another game to shadow drop today was the platformer SCRAP from Oizumi Amuzio for ¥600. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Ancient will likely release the second DLC for Susume!! Mamotte Kishi Hime no Totsugeki Serenade in March and not February as originally scheduled.
● Check out this week’s complete list of Japanese Switch preloads here with nine games including NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 Road to Boruto.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the new Eyes and Ears Collection both available. Check out the full list of items along with prices here.
● Dr. Mario World saw World 12 stages added with the clear reward for the Special Stage being Dr. Larry. There’s also a four day 1.5x boost to the staffing rates and a week long return of the Collect Clear Stars event.
● Dragalia Lost saw Chapter 12: Destruction and Domination added to the main campaign (trailer here) along with the new Summon Showcase: Dragon Special (featured dragons profiled here). The new Void Enemy Ebon Chimera has also been added to Void Battles.
● Fire Emblem Heroes will see Røkkr Sieges begin on Saturday. Today saw Mjölnir’s Strike: Counter phase and Nils’s Mysterious Music map added to Tactics Drills: Skill Studies.
● Check out this week’s full Nintendo-only Famitsu software and hardware charts here with Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix on top. This week’s Famitsu Most Wanted is also posted here with Animal Crossing: New Horizons number one for the 14th week!
● Animal Crossing: New Horizons pre-order points on Comgnet are currently 226 (Final Fantasy VII Remake is second place with 186 points).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +50 (0.12%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 40,100.00 JPY.
● Yacht Club Games has announced a Yacht Club Games Presents video presentation for February 26 at 09:00 PT which includes the latest news on Cyber Shadow and Shovel Knight.
● A launch livestream video for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers featuring a live concert, talkshow, gameplay footage, and the soundtrack ranked here.
● A promo video for NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 Road to Boruto here.
● The second promo video for Bokuhime PROJECT here.
● The launch trailer for Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition here.
● Voice actor Ryotaro Okiayu explains Rockman Zero in 100 seconds here.
● The Story Mode trailer for Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions here.
● A gameplay video for Natsuki in Uta no☆Prince-sama♪Amazing Aria & Sweet Serenade LOVE for Nintendo Switch here.
● A gameplay video from the first act of Olympia Soiree here.
● An Arc System Works livestream for UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[cl-r] here.
● A Famitsu livestream for the Arcade Archives titles Sasuke VS Commander and VS. Mahjong here.
● The 15th official live broadcast for Dragon Quest Rivals here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!