Wednesday Update：The Outer World Release Date Set For March 6, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● The Switch version of The Outer Worlds finally has a release date in Japan with the digital version arriving on March 6. A physical version will arrive at a later date.
● Arc System Works will be publishing Kowloon Youma Gakuenki ORIGIN OF ADVENTURE for Switch in Japan on June 4 priced at ¥6,380 with a limited edition also announced.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will feature a three day tournament from February 7 featuring fighters that use bows, lances, and axes. Tournament rules and available fighters posted here.
● Super Mario Maker 2 saw a Cat Mario Dash Ninji Speedrun begin where you use Cat Mario’s moves to find the fastest way to the finish.
● Team17 and Kakehashi Games announced that the couch co-op game Moving Out will also be releasing on the Japanese Switch eShop on April 28. Trailer posted here.
● The Irregular Corporationannounced the detective adventure puzzle game Puzzle Tantei Scout (Murder by Numbers) for Japanese Switch eShop release on March 5 priced at ¥1,650.
● Beep will be publishing the slot-car racing game Little Racer on the Japanese Switch eShop in the upcoming weeks.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Valentine’s Collection 2019 return (pictured here) along with candy-themed items available for Reissue Crafting, Reissue Rally Packs, and Poppy’s Cocoa Cookie (pictured here) back in stock.
● Dragalia Lost updated to Version 1.16.2 fixing issues with certain abilities’ effects being applied multiple times when attacking an enemy afflicted with a defense debuff, and with certain adventurers’ skill gauges not refilling correctly after reviving.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Tempest Trials+ featuring Alm: Hero of Prophecy, Celica: Caring Princess, and Silque: Adherent of Mila, Bound Hero Battle: Minerva & Maria, Bound Hero Battle: Ninian & Hawkeye, and two summoning events featuring the Bound Hero Battles characters.
● Mario Kart Tour saw the second half of the Valentine’s Tour begin with Peach (Vacation) and Shy Guy (Pastry Chef) as the spotlight content in the second pipe.
● Ring Fit Adventure was the best-selling game in Japan for this past week with 30,111 units sold. Nintendo Switch is at 75,922 and above 12 million for Japan. Check out the full top 10 software here.
● Weekly Famitsu review scores include Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix with 32/40 Real Time Battle Shogi Online with 30/40, To the Moon with 33/40, Joggernauts with 27/40, Dairantou! Jewel Wars with 27/40, Bookbound Brigade with 28/40, and KUNAI with 32/40. Check out the full list of review scores here. The magazine also saw Masahiro Sakurai says he realises there are too many Fire Emblem characters and sword users in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with the new fighters decided by Nintendo.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +330 (0.82%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 40,430.00 JPY.
● NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #157 featuring Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Kaminazo Mirai Karano Omoide here.
● A three-minute introduction video for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers here.
● An introduction video for the packaged version of Little Town Hero here.
● A five-minute special video for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX here.
● A promo video for Super Real Mahjong PV LOVE♡2～7! here.
● A promo video for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 featuring Big Mom and Kaido here.
● A Famitsu livestream for Saint Dragon and Tecmo Bowl here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!