Tuesday Update：46x Nintendo Trademarks (39x Probable Renewals, 6x Super Nintendo World, & 1x Pokémon)！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. has applied for 46 trademarks in Japan. 39 of them are for games (posted here) and include the pictured Kirby Air Ride, 6 of them are related to Super Nintendo World (posted here), with the other being Pokémon related (posted here) with World Down (ワールドダウン). The game trademarks are likely renewals.
● The 11th TETRIS 99 Grand Prix (Maximus Cup / Teto 1 Cup) begins this weekend where 999 players scoring above 100 event points will be chosen at random to win 999 My Nintendo Gold Points.
● Nintendo Switch Online subscribers can download a Spirit Booster Bundle for a limited time for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with 3000 SP, Snack (S) x100, Snack (M) x30, and Snack (L) x5.
● Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order updated to Version 3.0.1 fixing an issue where a controller couldn’t be added in multiplayer. Nintendo of America also shared the first look at Doctor Doom (here) from the Fantastic Four: Shadow of Doom DLC.
● The teaser website for Umihara Kawase BaZooKa! is now open here with the game now listed as a Spring – Summer 2020 release window.
● Koei Tecmo Games announced that Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout has sold over 350,000 copies on Switch, PS4, and Steam worldwide since the game launched.
● My Nintendo users can can get a 1 hour free ticket for Karaoke JOYSOUND for Nintendo Switch with 100 Platinum Points. Check out the full list of rewards here.
● Cultural Broadcasting Extend updated BUSTAFELLOWS to Version 1.1.1 adding a Jump/Skip function to the menu screen.
● CD PROJEKT today released the RPG Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales on the Switch eShop priced at ¥2,199 ($19.99). The game is set in the world of The Witcher. Check out the Japanese trailer here.
● M2H will also be bringing the multiplayer party game Marooners (as “Castaways”) to the Japanese Switch eShop on February 7 where it is now available to preload for ¥1,445 (the regular price is ¥1,700).
● Cuphead is now 25% off on the Japanese Switch eShop, priced at ¥1,485 until 31 January.
● CFK updated the Switch version of Princess Maker -Faery Tales Come True- to Version 1.0.3 with the full patch notes posted here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Grand Hero Battle Revival – Cynthia: Hero Chaser begin and a Mjölnir’s Strike: Rest period.
● Mario Kart Tour will see server maintenance on February 4 from 10:00-13:00 JST (February 3 from 17:00-20:00 PT).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +200 (0.47%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 42,600.00 JPY. .
● Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem: Three Houses will both see Extra Drama CDs release on March 18, 2020, priced at ¥2,000 each. Check out the covers here.
● The Japanese trailer for this week’s Dragalia Lost Monster Hunter Primal Crisis / Strangeland event here (look out for a dedicated post once the event is live).
● The Japanese trailer for American Fugitive here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!