Wednesday Update：Kirby, Kunio-Kun, Pika Pika Nurse Monogatari, And More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Kirby was again voted the top character amongst the readers of the Japanese Nintendo Dream magazine with Pikachu overtaking both Link and Mario to take second place. View the top 10 at this post.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will see a River City Smash spirit event begin on 24 January featuring Kunio, Ryuichi & Ryuji, Riki, and Goda from the Kunio-kun series. Check out the artwork for all four here.
● Nippon Columbia announced they are porting the 3DS game Pika Pika Nurse Monogatari Shounika wa Itsumo Oosawagi for Nintendo Switch to Switch on 02 April priced at ¥5,280. Check out some details and the box art here.
● Kemco’s Senri no Kifu ～Gendai Shogi Mystery～ which was previously confirmed for a physical release on both Switch and PS4 on 27 February will also now see a digital only Steam release priced at ¥3,000 (the packaged version will cost ¥3,666).
● Kowloon Youma Gakuenki ORIGIN OF ADVENTURE is still set for a Spring 2020 release priced at ¥6,380 or a limited edition for ¥17,380 featuring drama CD, art book, and Koutarou Minakami figure.
● MISTOVER was updated to Version 1.0.5 in Japan with some corrected translation texts.
● Hamster’s release for this week is the 1986 UPL shoot ’em up Arcade Archives XX Mission (screenshots posted here). Arcade Archives Penguin-Kun Wars was also updated to Version 1.0.2, correcting some background graphics/
● Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – The Official Video Game is likely adding a fourth demo to the Japanese Switch eShop in a couple of weeks. I’ll make a separate post once live.
● Dragalia Lost will see Gala Dragalia with Luca tomorrow (look out for a dedicated post then).
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Chill Skills begin featuring Kliff: Curious Spirit, Sue: Doe of the Plains, and Hubert: Sinister Servant. Choose Your Legends: Round 4 is also now live along with Mjölnir’s Strike: Shield phase.
● Mario Kart Tour saw Part 2 of the Ice Tour begin with Penguin Luigi in the spotlight pipe alongside the Ice-blue Poltergust and Blizzard Balloons.
● Pokémon Sword / Shield failed to make it 10 consecutive weeks on top in Japan, being knocked off the top spot by Yakuza: Like a Dragon, although it has now surpassed Splatoon 2 in total retail sales with this week’s 55,604 number taking it up to more than 3.3 million. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore opened with 18,797, below the Wii U original, although had some supplies issues. Nintendo Switch hardware was strong with 96,458. View the full top 10 here.
● Weekly Famitsu review scores this week included Valfaris with 31/40 and Coffee Talk with 31/40. Sisters Royale also scored 30/40, although I assume is not the Switch version. Check out the full list of review scores for Switch titles from Famitsu here and this week’s previews here (the latter featuring the aforementioned Kowloon Youma Gakuenki ORIGIN OF ADVENTURE).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +210 (0.49%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 43,320.00 JPY.
● Mortal Kombat Kollection Online has received a PEGO rating on Nintendo Switch in Europe.
● Watch NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #156 featuring Yo-kai Watch 4++, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, and Override: Mech City Brawl – Super Charged Mega Edition.
● A Void Terrarium commentary and BGM video.
● The Japanese launch trailer for 198X.
● A Japanese trailer for FoxyLand 2.
● And a Sega tweet featuring three songs from Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!