Tuesday Update：Super Nintendo World, Smash DLC, Genshin Impact, Plus Much More！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Whilst we didn’t get an opening date (this will be revealed in NYC next month) we got a music video and further details for Super Nintendo World including interactive Power Up Bands which pair with a smartphone app. Check out our full post with videos and pictures of the wristbands here.
● Continuing our Super Nintendo World lead story: Yamamoto from the USJ Marketing Division said: “It’s basically Mario, but we’re also thinking of other IPs regularly for the future.”
● Just before posting, Nintendo announced a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 35 minute livestream for Thursday at 06:00 PT / 23:00 JST featuring Masahiro Sakurai revealing the new DLC fighter for the game! Video links posted here.
● MiHoYo have announced that the open-word action-adventure RPG Genshin Impact will also be coming to Nintendo Switch. Check out two new promo videos, including a Switch-specific trailer, here.
● Japanese Nintendo Switch Online subscribers will be able to play the entire Fire Emblem Musou game for free from 20-26 January with the base game and DLC also 40% off. Check out a trailer here.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will see an ASTRAL CHAIN-themed spirit event later this week (17-22 January) featuring the spirits Hero (male), Hero (female), Kyle, and Lappy pictured here.
● After no-showing last week, Sega will finally release SEGA AGES Puyo Puyo Tsu on the Japanese Switch eShop this week (16 January) priced at ¥999. Again, expect English language support (although it is unconfirmed).
● Mediascape / D.N.A.Softwares announced that the Touhou Project mahjong game Touhou Genso Mahjong will launch on the Japanese Switch eShop on 30 January with price to be determined.
● Annapurna Interactive announced the magical realist adventure game Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 January priced at ¥2,74, and with preloads now live.
● SilverStar Japan updated Real Time Battle Shogi Online to Version 1.1.0 fixing bugs where the player would see the “Now Loading” screen but could not advance, and where the game sometimes terminated when battling the CPU.
● Tomorrow’s issue of CoroCoro Comic will come with a code for the character Mechatoragon Gold in Puzzle & Dragons GOLD. The game also launches tomorrow worldwide. Screenshot and artwork posted here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Fishing Tourney Knitted available in Lost Lure Creek. Check out the full post including tourney fish, trophies, and rewards here.
● Dragalia Lost saw the return of the Summon Showcase and facility event revival, Flames of Reflection (full details here), as well as the Summon Showcase, Windswept Harbingers and daily free summon event (full details including trailer here).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock decreased today by -240 (0.55%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 43,200.00 JPY.
● A Taiwanese rating lists BioShock: The Collection for release on Nintendo Switch with a French retailer listing Metro Redux for 28 February release on Switch.
● Bushiroad shadow dropped CRAYON SHINCHAN The Storm Called FLAMING KASUKABE RUNNER!! on the U.S. Switch eShop priced at $9.99.
● After yesterday’s patent posting, I’ve now posted details of another Nintendo Co., Ltd. patent application from December which is for enhancing interest in a game using a team formation, and which references Mario Party 8 for Wii.
● A “Deku vs Overhaul Gameplay” trailer for My Hero: One’s Justice 2
● A Phym episode trailer for the GOD EATER 3 Version 2.30 update which is available on the 16th.
● More gameplay with commentary for Ninja Box.
● And a Nippon Ichi livestream for Void Terrarium.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!