Weekly Update：Pokémon, Pikmin, Dr. Fire Mario, Mario & Luigi, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● The lead story is the Pokémon Direct which saw both a Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass announced for June and Fall release in two packs, plus Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX (a remake of the GBA and NDS Rescue Teams) for 06 March.
● From the Monday Update: Splatoon 2 was updated to Version 5.1.0, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders was added to the Space Invaders Invincible Collection, and Nippon Ichi Software acquired SystemSoft Alpha and formed SystemSoft Beta.
● From the Tuesday Update: Nintendo applied for new merchandising trademarks for Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, and The Legend of Zelda, a Pokémon Direct was announced (see above), DigiTimes report a Switch Pro will be ready for mid 2020 release, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses won our site’s game of the year.
● From the Wednesday Update: Dr. Fire Mario and Dr. Fire Peach were announced for Dr. Mario World arriving the next day, our website translated a Nikkei interview with Nintendo Co., Ltd. President Shuntaro Furukawa, and Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch sold 34,696 units copies in its opening weekend.
● From the Thursday Update: Hideki Kamiya said that Bayonetta 3 development is “progressing very smoothly”, Arc System Works announced the 2D action game CODE SHIFTER for 30 January featuring characters from Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, and Kunio-kun, Kemco announced Seek Hearts for 16 January, and Yamauchi Nintendo will be turned into a 20 room hotel in Summer 2020.
● From the Friday Update: The Pokémon Direct also saw a Version 1.1.0 update for Pokémon Sword & Shield adding Galarian Slowpoke, and the Pokémon HOME cloud service launching in February, IGN founder Peer Schneider hinted that Pikmin 3 is coming to Switch, Just Dance 2020 launches on 12 March, and Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ７ on 18 June.
● From the Weekend Update: Nintendo of America applied for a new Mario & Luigi video game trademark in Argentina, Shogakukan announced Solomon Program for Switch, and FDG Entertainment announced that Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King has sold over 100,000 units on Switch.