Thursday Update：Kamiya Says Bayonetta 3 Development is Progressing Very Smoothly, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● From Weekly Famitsu yesterday: Hideki Kamiya said of Bayonetta 3 that “there hasn’t been any new information at all ever since the first reveal so I feel like a lot of people are getting worried about it, but the inspection for new systems is going well, and the development is also progressing very smoothly, so please rest assured and wait for it.”
● The final part of out Nikkei translation with Nintendo Co., Ltd. President Shuntaro Furukawa is posted here with Furukawa talking about not interfering with development and reasons for not giving cash prizes in Esports competitions. An excellent read.
● Also from yesterday’s Weekly Famitsu: Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino said “Our development for games keep getting delayed, so it continues to make all our fans worry, but I want to properly build up titles we’re currently working on.”
● A Galar Newcomers online competition was announced for Pokémon Sword & Shield allowing for Pokémon found in the Galar region including Galarian forms and Gigantamax Pokémon.
● CyberConnect2 say they will be self-publishing Fuga: Melodies of Steel, Tokyo Ogre Gate, and Cecile in this respective order.
● Tiny screenshots for Animal Crossing: New Horizons from Weekly Famitsu are posted here.
● Oizumi Amuzio updated the packaged version of Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition in Japan to Version 1.4.3 with the patch notes posted here.
● Koei Tecmo Games updated Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout to Version 1.0.11 on Switch in Japan adding Korean text support (via system language settings) and several bug fixes.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment updated SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays adding support for the Added Dispatch Mission Set 2 DLC and more. Full patch notes and screenshots posted here.
● Bandai Namco also announced two more DLC packs for Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! on 16 January with the Donder Pack -Hachiku- for ¥550 and Touhou Project Arrange Pack DLC Vol.2 for ¥440.
● Arc System Works updated the Switch version of BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE to Version 2.0.1 fixing bug with some character-specific items in Tactics Mode.
● Prototype updated CLANNAD to Version 1.0.6 adding the Image Quality Adjustment feature that was included in Flowers: Les Quatre Saison on Switch.
● Check out the contents of the physical release of Ise Shima Mystery Annai Itsuwari no Kuro Shinju from B-SIDE GAMES here with the game dated for early to mid February.
● Arc System Works announced the 2D pixel art action game CODE SHIFTER for release on the Switch eShop on 30 January priced at ¥2,000 and featuring characters from Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, and Kunio-kun. Promo video posted here.
● Kemco announced the sci-fi RPG Seek Hearts for release on the Switch eShop on 16 January for ¥1,320 with preloads now live priced at ¥1,188. Promo video posted here.
● Also scheduled for release next week on the 16th is the 1991 Konami shoot ’em up Arcade Archives Detana!! TwinBee from Hamster, priced at the usual ¥838. Check out screenshots here.
● Raw Fury announced the adventure game Mosaic for release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 23 January for ¥2,170 with preloads now live priced at ¥1,953.
● Two demos became available on the Japanese Switch eShop with the visual novel IxSHE Tell from Entergram and the rhythm game Hexagroove: Tactical DJ from Ichigoichie.
● Entergram have posted the listing for Boku to Joi no Shinsatsu Nisshi on the Japanese Switch eShop where it reconfirms the 30 January release date priced at ¥1,980 although it’s not available for preload. Check out all of the games that are newly available to preload at this post.
● Inti Creates updated Blaster Master Zero 2 to Version 1.3.1 fixing issues regarding the DLC character “Copen” along with errors in the game’s text.
● Taito updated Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!! fixing an issue with the UNDERTALE song “Your Best Nightmare” and with the Dempagumi.inc. songs “Den Den Passion” and “Saihakkenden”.
● MUTAN announced that Goonya Fighter has been downloaded over 100,000 times on the Switch eShop worldwide and also released a Goonya Fighter Original Soundtrack.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp updated to Version 3.0.3 with improved performance on iOS devices.
● Dr. Mario World added Dr. Fire Mario, Dr. Fire Peach, and Assistant Dry Bones, World 11 (stages 401 through 420), and the Collect Clear Stars! event. Introduction video posted here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Forging Bonds: Beyond Blood begin, along with the New Heroes: Heir of Light featuring Shannan: Wielder of Astra, Altena: Luminous Rider, Ced: Hero on the Wind, and Larcei: Keen Kin. Read the full post, adding even more events, here.
● The full Nintendo-only software and hardware charts for week 52 in Japan are posted here with Famitsu Most Wanted posted here – the latter has Animal Crossing: New Horizons number one for the seventh consecutive week!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +740 (1.74%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 43,380.00 JPY.
● Nintendo’s former headquarters in Kyoto Yamauchi Nintendo will be made into a 20 room hotel in Summer 2021 with restaurant, bar, gym, and spa too.
● Check out the second full promo video for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers.
● The Japanese trailer for Sir Eatsalot (which is now available in Japan).
● The 11th episode (and all the other episodes) from the second season of the Ninja Box web anime.
● The launch trailer for To the Moon.
● And a Famitsu livestream introducing both Penguin-Kun Wars and EXERION.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!