Monday Update：Splatoon 2 Updated, Switch Update Coming, SplatNet 2 Message, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo updated Splatoon 2 to Version 5.1.0 with a 5.2.0 update planned for late April. Check out the full patch notes here. Nintendo Switch maintenance is also planned for a few hours time (22:30-23:30 PT) with a system update coming after!
● The Splatoon 2 update has revealed that the SplatNet 2 service has an end message (via Twitter user @asasasa98765) although there has been no official announcement, nor expected termination date.
● Probably the final game added to the Space Invaders Invincible Collection is the smartphone-only game Arkanoid vs Space Invaders, which is available in both the standard and special editions of the collection.
● The first screenshots for Bokuhime PROJECT have been posted on the game’s official website.
● Nippon Ichi also updated the Void Terrarium official website with details of the game’s diseases including zombiefication and liquidification!
● Check out this week’s current line-up of Nintendo eShop games headlined by Super Robot Taisen X here – bookmark the page for further games to be added.
● CFK updated the Nintendo Switch version of Princess Maker -Faery Tales Come True- to Version 1.0.2 with several bug fixes (detailed here).
● Dr. Mario World players will receive one free continue for each of the next three days.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Mjölnir’s Strike: Shield phase begin where you can earn rewards like Divine Codes, Midgard Gems, and Dragonflowers for weathering the enemy’s onslaught for seven turns.
● In GEO rankings for the past two weeks – Pokémon Sword / Shield is #1 for the 8th consecutive week where the top 15 games are all on Switch, Ring Fit Adventure is #2, Luigi’s Mansion 3 is #3, with Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch opening at #8 in what GEO report as “strong sales”.
● COMG! have Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers pre-orders at 25 pts on Switch. Pokémon Sword / Shield sales are at 144 pts (this is for the week, and not fortnight) with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at 56 pts and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at 55 pts. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch is at 29 pts.
● In the first day of trading in 2020: Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock dropped today by -1,230 (2.80%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 42,740.00 JPY.
● In UK charts: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is #1, Luigi’s Mansion 3 is #5, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is #8, and Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 is #10. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch only opened at #14, although sales are 15 times larger than the 3DS entry.
● Nippon Ichi Software have opened a new subsidiary label called SystemSoft Beta, which succeeds SystemSoft Alpha, known for the strategy game Daisenryaku series which has seen dozens of entries for over 30 years, including both Switch and 3DS in 2019.
● Natsume Atari have said that this year is likely to be the year that they can announce the new TENGO PROJECT title. See this post for the initial announcement.
● Kakehashi Games have announced they will be releasing a packaged version of an indie game, likely in 2020. No details on game nor platform at present.
● Mattel announced a Pokémon Sword & Shield UNO deck for release on 01 February in Japan priced at ¥1,430. The deck includes special rule cards featuring Snorlax and Greninja. Check out images here.
● The first promo video for the Space Invaders Invincible Collection.
● The Enies Lobby Arc TV commercial for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4.
● An English here for Coffee Talk.
● A promo video for the Romancing SaGa 2 Original Soundtrack Revival Disc.
● And the 38th episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!