New Year’s Day Update：Animal Crossing: New Horizons TV Commercial, Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo kicked off the new year with an excellent TV commercial for the upcoming Switch game Animal Crossing: New Horizons which all but guarantees there will be no delays!
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate saw “A Tribute to Melee” tournament announced for this weekend featuring fighters, stages, and items that originally appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Check out the full list here.
● Mario Tennis Aces added Wario and Waluigi Tennis Outfits as well as coloured Shy Guys for the January Participation Bonus. Screenshots posted here.
● Pygmy Studio said that both LUNAXXX and Monken Crush are scheduled to release for Nintendo Switch later this year.
● The only game scheduled to release on the Japanese Switch eShop this week is Arcade Archives Penguin Wars from Hamster for ¥838. The game is already available in Japan and is expected to launch worldwide this week. Check out the Switch version’s screenshots.
● This month’s schedule of Animal Crossing: New Leaf including screenshots for New Year’s Day and Fishing Tourney #1!
● Dragalia Lost director Yuji Okada detailed the January event schedule in the game including further details on the Monster Hunter collaboration. Full details posted here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw New Year’s Log-In Bonuses, New Year’s Quests, a Voting Gauntlet, and three Summoning Events. Check out all the details here.
● Mario Kart Tour saw the New Year’s Tour newly available adding Mario (Happi), Toad (Party Time), Red Yoshi, and Gold Koopa (Freerunning). Video posted here with screenshots and artwork likely to follow.
● Super Mario Run saw the Princess Peach Spotlight event. Check out the full list of items and appearance rates here.
● A 17Live collaboration dance video for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!