Thursday Update：Mario Kart Tour Opens Online Multiplayer Beta Test, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo’s latest mobile game Mario Kart Tour finally opened the online multiplayer beta test for Gold pass subscribers for the next week with free trial period subscribers also eligible to race.
● Kemco announced that their joint SRPG with City Connection Revenge of Justice will launch on 26 March priced at ¥3,278. Check out the box art, screenshots, and promo video here.
● BROCCOLI announced that the visual novel Uta no☆Prince-sama♪Amazing Aria & Sweet Serenade LOVE for Nintendo Switch will release in Japan on 28 May priced at ¥6,380. Regista are responsible for porting both Uta no Prince-sama titles to Switch.
● Fire Emblem: Three Houses Expansion Pass owners received a free Sothis Regalia outfit in the new Version 1.1.1 updated. Screenshots posted here.
● Square-Enix announced that all versions (Switch, 3DS, PS4, and PC) of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age have shipped over 5.5 million units worldwide with the digital Switch version now on sale.
● Receive three lots of three gifts in Pokémon Sword / Shield by entering the codes at this post.
● Arc System Works updated the Switch version of KILL la KILL the GAME IF to Version 1.2.0 finally adding Mako Mankanshoku. Trailer posted here.
● The DAEMON X MACHINA free DLC for The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt will be updated on 23 December due to a facial scar not showing on Geralt.
● M2 updated ESP RA.DEΨ to Version 1.1.1 fixing an issue with registering scores in online rankings.
● In Hamster news: Nintendo’s Arcade Archives VS. Balloon Fight will be available on 27 December priced at ¥838 (screenshots posted here) and Jaleco’s shoot ’em up Arcade Archives Exerion.
● Spike Chunsoft updated Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda adding Octavo and Octavo’s Ode.
● City Connection published Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥2,900.
● CareuX also released Sukatto Yokouchi Puzzle Ghost Hammer priced at ¥2,480. Promo video posted here.
● This week’s Japanese Switch demos included Bokura no School Battle from SAT-BOX and Croc’s World 3 from Sprakelsoft.
● Croc’s World 3 (Croc’s World！Wani-kun no Daibouken3) also became available on the Japanese Switch eShop for ¥555.
● RED FLAG SHIP will be publishing the Saturn game DESIRE remaster ver. on the Japanese Switch eShop on 27 December priced at ¥980.
● Annapurna Interactive released Ashen on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥4,400 along with the Nightstorm Isle DLC for ¥1,100.
● CIRCLE Ent. announced that Jet Kave Adventure will release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (23 December) priced at ¥1,500. The company also shadow dropped Shadows of Adam for the same price. Trailer for the latter posted here.
● Toydea’s second Doggie Ninja game, Doggie Ninja Bakunetsu Strikers! launches on 27 December priced at ¥800 (preload for just ¥500). Trailer posted here.
● HumaNature Studios announced that ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove! will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 09 January priced at ¥1,520.
● Also releasing on 09 January is Deathtrap Dungeon Trilogy from Nomad Games priced at ¥1,010.
● Indienova announced that SELF will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 16 January priced at ¥690.
● Inti Creates released free DLC for Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX with a new mission (VS？？？) and new song (Raison d’être). Trailer posted here.
● 3goo released that the Gear.Club Unlimited 2 Porsche Series DLC along with a Gear.Club Unlimited 2 Limited Edition Porsche Series Edition set for ¥5,830. Trailer posted here.
● Rainy Frog announced that Valthirian Arc ～Hero School Story～ will release on the Japanese Switch eShop next month. Trailer posted here.
● SAT-BOX released ‘Racket Pack A’ DLC for Tsukue de Ping Pong and ‘Uniform Pack A’ DLC for Tsukue de Yakyuu each priced at ¥250. Sets are also available for both titles with game plus DLC for ¥1,000. Trailers posted here and here.
● Forever Entertainment shadow dropped Risky Rescue priced at ¥500 (trailer here), Surfingers priced at ¥500 (trailer here), Violett to Kimyou na Sekai priced at ¥999 (trailer here), and NoReload Heroes priced at ¥1,000 (trailer here).
● Hi-Bit Studios announced that the multi genre game 198X will release on the Switch eShop worldwide on 23 January priced at ¥980.
● Eastasiasoft will be publishing Sir Eatsalot on the Japanese Switch eShop on 09 January with price TBD. Trailer posted here.
● This week’s preloads include UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[cl-r] for ¥4,752 (normal price is ¥5,280), Genso Manege for ¥6,600, and Prison Princess for ¥1,683 (normal price is ¥1,980).
● 300 games have been added to the Japanese Switch eShop sales this week with Goonya Fighter having the biggest saving (96%) available for just ¥100).
● Cosen will be updating Panty Party in early Spring 2020 adding online battles and rankings. Trailer posted here.
● Plug In Digital / Kakehashi Games updated the recently released Lethis – Path of Progress adding Japanese text (it had accidentally missed it out).
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw new Cool Crustacean Goals available with Gothic Royal Cookie arriving tomorrow (trailer here).
● Dr. Mario World saw the Help Koopa Troopa! clinic event and a new Dr. Ludwig Pack available for purchase priced at ¥2,440 marking a non-gacha method of monetisation.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Mjölnir’s Strike: Counter phase begin and a new map, Worthy Sacrifices, available in Tactics Drills: Grandmaster.
● Super Mario Run updated to Version 3.0.17 implementing bug fixes.
● Check out week’s full Nintendo-only Japanese software and hardware charts from Famitsu with 25 Switch games included here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock decreased today by -780 (1.75%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 43,720.00 JPY.
● Bandai Namco Amusements announced a Hoshi no Kirby Campaign VERY STRAWBERRY in Namco beginning next month. More details and prizes posted here.
● The 3DS trailer for DragonFangZ – The Rose & Dungeon of Time here.
● A SEGA AGES Space Harrier developer interview here.
● A “National Property Tour” video for Miyata Menji in Osaka for the Momotaro Dentetsu ～Showa Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban!～ here.
● Japanese trailer for Horizon Chase Turbo here.
● A promo video for Boku to Joi no Shinsatsu Nisshi here.
● Virtual Talents upd8 playing Obakeidoro! here.
● Voice actress Yuka Otsubo playing Monster Farm (Monster Rancher) here.
● The third introduction video for Ninja JaJaMaru Collection here.
● Japanese trailer for Blasphemous here.
● Japanese launch trailer for Horizon Chase Turbo here.
● Prologue movies for Luciole and Arnault in Genso Manege here.
● The 9th episode of the 2nd season of the Ninja Box web anime here (plus all prior episodes).
● And the latest Denjin☆Getcha! featuring Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate, Hollow Knight, and more here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!