Wednesday Update：Nintendo Details Luigi’s Mansion 3 Multiplayer Pack DLC, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo finally detailed plans for the Luigi’s Mansion 3 Multiplayer Pack DLC which will be split into two parts for ¥1,000, the first arriving before 30 April delivering new mini games, ghosts, outfits, and floor themes. Check out more details, screens, artwork, and a video here.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will see an in-game Mega Tourney from 20 December featuring Mega Smash battles where everyone is huge! Check out the tourney rules here.
● Luigi’s Mansion 3 also updated to Version 1.2.0 with the preorder bonus for purchasing the DLC packs, a Flashlight Type-P, now available. Check out the full patch notes with all the big fixes here.
● The latest free Nintendo Labo VR mini-game is now available in Japan called Christmas and seeing you direct Santa down the chimney!
● Promotional material being sent to Japanese stores further indicates there will be no delay in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. The game releases worldwide for Switch on 20 March 2020. Check out the poster here.
● Capcom’s fourth Jump Festa ’20 title is the love adventure game Toraware no Palm Refrain which releases on 12 March priced from ¥3,900.
● Studio Nanafushi announced an Idol × VR × Training game for release in three versions in June, July, and August 2020. The company also announced that Konami will be distributing DEAD OR SCHOOL physically, after a meeting between the two companies earlier today.
● Level-5 updated Yo-kai Watch 4 to Version 2.1.3 which just fixes bugs (no particular ones were specified).
● Justdan International updated Dusk Diver to Version 1.04 with the full patch notes posted here.
● Nihon Falcom said they are prioritising PlayStation 4 with the release of the newly announced The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki but may consider other hardware, including Nintendo Switch.
● In this week’s Hamster news: the 1985 Taito / Technos the pro-wrestling game Arcade Archives Exciting Hour is available on 19 December priced at ¥838 (screenshots and trailer posted here). The 1989 Jaleco shoot ’em up Arcade Archives Saint Dragon and the 1986 UPL shoot ’em up Arcade Archives XX Mission are also both set for release in the near future.
● In addition to the DLC news, a new Luigi’s Mansion 3 + Multiplayer Pack Set is also now available to buy on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥7,578. Check out the trailer, box art, and prices for the limited editions here.
● PLiCy announced WWA Collection 2 for release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 19 December priced at ¥1,650 and including 42 browser RPGs, adding online rankings and auto-save to the games. Promo video posted here.
● Nintendo 3DS will see its first game for seven months next week and perhaps the final ever title on the system with the roguelike RPG DragonFangZ – The Rose & Dungeon of Time from Toydea. The game will be priced at ¥1,200 and launches on 23 December. Check out the screenshots here.
● The Japanese 3DS will however be losing another game on 27 December as Starsign will be removing Otakara Defender ～Pharaoh no Hihou～ (Defend Your Crypt). No reason was given, although it maybe due to the license expiring with Ratalaika Games.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw a new Holiday Wall & Floor Collection available for a limited time. More details and pictures at this post.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Mjölnir’s Strike: Shield phase now active where you must weather the enemy for seven turns to be victorious.
● Mario Kart Tour saw the Holiday Tour newly available adding Yoshi (Reindeer) and Birds, with Pauline (Party Time) arriving in the second pipe next week. Check out the full details, trailer, screenshots, and artwork here.
● Niantic detailed the Buddy Adventure feature for Pokémon GO where Trainers can bond with their buddies. Check out the video here.
● Pokémon Sword / Shield is still the number one selling game in Japan this past week with a further 231,578 units sold, totalling 2.45 million physical and over 3 million physical + digital in Japan. Ring Fit Adventure evidently saw more stock with a further 57,746 units sold. Nintendo Switch hardware was an impressive 236,625. Stealth also writes that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the best selling console game (not including portable) for the decade in Japan. Check out the full top 10 here.
● Weekly Famitsu review scores this week include Decay of Logos with 27/40, Reaper: Tale of a Pale Swordsman with 24/40, and Lost Ember with 31/40. The latter game is unlikely to be the Switch version. Check out the full list of Famitsu scores here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock decreased today by -1,020 (2.24%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 44,500.00 JPY.
● Watch NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #154 featuring Pokémon Sword / Shield, Super Mario Maker 2, and Terraria here.
● The second Japanese trailer for Hexagroove: Tactical DJ here.
● Another Japanese trailer for Coffee Talk here.
● A SEGA AGES Space Harrier developer interview video here.
● A Famitsu livestream for Terraria here.
● And the latest Capcom TV episode which features Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!