Thursday Update：Naruto Storm 4, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Shironeko New Project, Kirby Café, And More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● With the original trilogy already available for Switch, Bandai Namco Entertainment will release the fourth game NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 Road to Boruto on 23 April priced at ¥7,348, and containing all DLC including the newly announced Momoshiki and Kinshiki.
● Square-Enix have postponed the release of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition on all platforms from 23 January to Summer 2020. Check out the previous TGS trailer here.
● Also postponed is Colopl’s ambitious Shironeko New Project which was intended for 2020 but has now been moved into the currently undecided territory.
● Pokémon Sword adds Gigantamax Sandaconda and Pokémon Shield adds Gigantamax Centiskorch to Max Raid Battles until 9 January. Screenshots posted here.
● Marvelous updated Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town to Version 1.1.2 adding the Reindeer Costume pictured here and more.
● Sega Games added the songs “Jigsaw Puzzle” and “Roki” to Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix in the post here which also includes new screenshots.
● City Connection updated the newly released Ninja JaJaMaru Collection to Version 1.1 improving the five classic games. I’ve played the new game in the collection for half hour and it’s really fun!
● Characters newly revealed for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 are Kaido and Charlotte Linlin (Big Mom). Look out for a separate post once the assets are available.
● Nippon Ichi Software opened up the Japanese website for Eiyuu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki III (The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel 3) here.
● My Hero: One’s Justice 2 will add a 2vs2 mode for four players with one player per team acting as a side kick, and the new playable character, Fat Gum.
● Check out screenshots an artwork for the newly announced FAIRY TAIL Laxus Dreyar, Mirajane Strauss, and Jellal Fernandes here.
● Arc System Works updated Mistover to Version 1.0.4 adding ‘Back to Title Page’ menu during the expedition, ‘Colour Customisation’ where you can choose your own colour for your Corps Crew, Korean voice-over, and more.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment updated the character page of the Digimon Survive website adding Ryou Tominaga and Kunemon. I’ll make a separate post later today!
● Happy Meal’s upcoming Akita Oga Mystery Annai: Kogoeru Ginreika game which will be published by Flyhigh Works is currently just 23% complete. It’s scheduled for release next Summer.
● So many eShop announcements. The highlight is Witch & Hero 2 (Majo to Yuusha II) from Flyhigh Works. the sequel to the fun 8-bit game launches next week (19 December) where you can now preload it for ¥450 (the regular price is ¥500). Japanese trailer at here.
● BIG BOYS STUDIO (Otokomizu) announced a fun looking action party game called Jurassic Excite for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week priced at ¥580. I’ll post screenshots later tonight!
● Entergram announced they will be porting the visual novel Koi Suru Otome to Shugo no Tate～Bara no Seibo～ to Switch next week (19 December) where it can be preloaded for ¥5,500 (the regular price is ¥6,050).
● TROOOZE’s Dark Souls inspired boss rush game ANIMUS: Harbinger is now available on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥960. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Cosen also published the marine action shooting game Sea King Hunter in Japan and Europe priced at ¥1,000 with North America following on 09 January. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Rainy Frog announced the puzzle game Link-a-Pix DELUXE for worldwide release on the Switch eShop next week (19 December) where it will be priced at ¥800 in Japan. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Rainy Frog will also be localising the platformer Reaper: Tale of a Pale Swordsman as Black Swordsman ーAru Shinigami no Monogatariー next week too priced at ¥500. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Team17 announced they will be localising their hardcore platform game Blasphemous for release in Japan next week priced at ¥2,750.
● Eastasiasoft will also be bringing a hardcore platformer to the Japanese Switch eShop next week with Damsel. It’s currently available to preload for ¥1,335 (the regular price is ¥1,780).
● Stray Fawn will be bringing the slow-mo couch shooter Retimed to the Japanese Switch eShop next week (19 December) priced at ¥1,520. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Indienova will be bringing the super minimalised 64.0 to the Japanese Switch eShop next week (19 December) for the measly price of ¥310.
● Sega announced that SEGA AGES Puyo Puyo Tsu will be launching soon priced at ¥999 and will include online battles.
● MUTAN released 48 pieces of DLC for Goonya Fighter including the new characters Tappy and Uiro pictured here.
● Ancient also detailed the Susume!! Mamotte Kishi Hime no Totsugeki Serenade DLC with the FM Sound Source Pack (MD & 88SBⅡ) available next week (20 December) priced at ¥980. Check out more details here.
● Check out the teaser website for Prison Princess which will be releasing worldwide on 30 January. The website is pretty barebones at the moment but expect plenty of flesh once fully launched.
● Many games are available to preload on the Japanese Switch eShop this week with the highlight being the roguelike RPG Void Terrarium from Nippon Ichi Software priced at ¥7,678. There’s a demo also available (see below).
● Check out the full list of Nintendo eShop games that released this week at this post.
● And this week’s Japanese Switch demos are BUSTAFELLOWS from Cultural Broadcasting Extend, Void Terrarium from Nippon Ichi Software, BurgerTime Party from G-mode, Koi Suru Otome to Shugo no Tate～Bara no Seibo～ from Entergram, and Link-a-Pix DELUXE from Rainy Frog.
● I’ve yet to update this week’s full list of Japanese Switch eShop sales (90 games!) but Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda is currently 30% off priced at ¥2,086.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see Rhonda’s Holiday Cookie tomorrow (look out for a dedicated post then). Today saw Fishing Tourney (Starry Suite) begin. Check out our full post here which is a comprehensive look at how to play the event plus has pictures of all the available fish, rewards, prizes, tools, and trophies.
● Dr. Mario World updated to Version 1.2.0 adding Dr. Baby Rosalina, Dr. Kamek, and Assistant Penguin. The update was the most ambitious yet adding new ways to obtain doctors by clearing worlds, and new Doc Tokens. Check out the full details including introduction video for the new characters here.
● Dragalia Lost saw the new Summon Showcase, Dragonyule Defenders 2 and the facility event revival, The Miracle of Dragonyule both begin, long with the Dragonyule bonus. Check out the featured adventurer Malora, dragon Corsaint Phoenix, and the event trailer here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Grand Conquests arrive featuring Tobin, Kliff, and Gray’s battling across Valentia from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. A new map, Mother & Daughter, is also now available in Tactics Drills: Skill Studies.
● Mario Kart Tour updated to Version 1.4.1 improving various features and addresses known issues.
● Nintendo finally revealed their full Jump Festa ’20 plans in addition to the previously announced Animal Crossing: New Horizons photo booth (with the game confirmed as not playable). A Jump voice actor show stage will stream live featuring the games Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch, Ring Fit Adventure, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Super Mario Maker 2.
● This week’s full Nintendo-only Japanese software and hardware charts at this link sees Pokémon Sword / Shield, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and Ring Fit Adventure occupy the top the positions and a new entry for Yo-kai Watch 4++ at #11 selling just 10,333.
● The DENGEKI TOP50 also have the new entry of Assassin’s Creed The Rebel Collection opening with 1,350 units sold. Both Motto！New Puzz Osomatsu-san ～Shinpin Sotsugyou Keikaku～ and Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate failed to chart and thus sold under 1,135 units apiece.
● Next week’s Weekly Famitsu magazine (Issue No.1620) will have a 40 page special on the closure of the online Capcom games Monster Hunter Frontier and Dragon’s Dogma Online plus a release commemoration feature on Musou OROCHI 3 Ultimate.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock dropped today by -870 (1.90%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 44,870.00 JPY, since dropping over half their gains made from earlier this week.
● Kirby Café TOKYO has permanently opened on the 4th floor of Tokyo Skytree Town Solamachi. Check out a few photos and video here.
● The Gensou SkyDrift creator EIKI revealed he previously worked at Nintendo helping with development for Super Mario Run and Mario Kart 8.
● Nintendo announced Online Play maintenance for Switch 3DS and Wii u from 13:30 to 15:00 JST on 13 December (20:30 to 22:00 PT on 12 December). Mario Kart 8 Deluxe also underwent maintenance earlier today although saw no new software update.
● The second DLC promo video for SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays here.
● Japanese launch trailer for Override: Mech City Brawl – Super Charged Mega Edition here.
● The second introduction video for Ninja JaJaMaru Collection and the music video “Aratanaru Kimi no Story” by MCU here.
● Trailer for the Minecraft Buzzy Bees content which is now available here.
● Japanese launch trailer for Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered here.
● Another promo video for Kaminazo Mirai Karano Omoide here.
● Another Japanese trailer for Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition here.
● The eighth and all eight web anime episodes for Ninja Box here.
● The promo video for the Mario Kart Racing Wheel for Nintendo Switch here.
● Another Japanese trailer for Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition here.
● Japanese trailer for European Conqueror X here.
● A Koei Tecmo Games livestream for Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate here.
● An English LA-MULANA 1 & 2 challenges trailer here.
● And a Famitsu livestream featuring both Arcade Archives TWINBEE and Arcade Archives FROGGER here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!