Friday Update：Amiibo Turns 5, Kirby Pop-up Shop, Tokyo Mirage Sessions Concert, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo’s line of amiibo figures celebrates its 5th anniversary today with a new short video. Check out the page of every amiibo officially released in Japan here. The above is my personal Kinopio-kun amiibo painted by the guy (link in the thanks) who designs this website’s image headers!
● The “SSB Ultimate Is One Year Old!” 1st anniversary spirit event is now live in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate where Experience Points and SP earned from battle will be tripled plus an additional Damage 50% item.
● I forgot to post earlier this week, but the Gigantamax Snorlax in Max Rad Battle events should also now be live in Pokémon Sword / Shield. Check out a video for him here.
● Ichigoichie Games announced that Hexagroove: Tactical DJ will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 19 December priced at ¥3,350, with preloads live next week (12 December). Check out a couple of trailers here.
● Mediascape / D.N.A.Softwares announced the Touhou Project mahjong game Touhou Genso Mahjong will now release on the Japanese Switch eShop in January.
● CFK announced that the Princess Maker 3: Faery Tales Come True (known as “Princess Maker Yumemiru Yousei” in Japan) HD remake releases in Japan on 19 December and the west on 23 December priced at ¥3,300. Trailer posted here.
● Pokémon Sword / Shield again occupied the top two positions on the Japanese Switch eShop charts with a new entry for SEGA AGES Fantasy Zone. Check out the top 10 for both Switch and 3DS here.
● The first three SAMURAI SPIRITS (Samurai Shodown) games are currently half-price on the Switch eShop worldwide (¥419 in Japan).
● The sixth research theme in Goonua Fighter is Slip -n- Slide. The game’s Twitter account also implies that DLC will be coming soon.
● The Barbara Bat theme is currently free in Daigasso! Band Brothers P to commemorate the series’ 15th anniversary.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw a restock of Fauna’s Toy Day cookie. Check out the special memory here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Forging Bonds: Path to the Future begin along with New Heroes: Book IV Begins: Peony and More. Check out full details of the latter, including artwork and videos, here.
● Mario Kart Tour saw the appearance rate of 5★ items in Remix 10’s Bonus Game increase with more chance to get a 5★ Mario, Peach, Bowser, and more statues.
● Super Mario Run
● A PLAYFUL KIRBY pop-up shop opens at Laforet Harajuku in Tokyo, Japan from 16-26 December offering Shogo Sekine and Converse Stars goods pictured here.
● Animal Crossing: New Horizons again topped the Nintendo-only Famitsu Most Wanted charts this week with Ushiro cementing its position on the Newcomers charts. Check out the full list here.
● Only one Nintendo game advert in this week’s issue of Famitsu with The Stretchers. Check it out here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +80 (0.18%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 43,760.00 JPY.
● Avex Trax announced a 3CD Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE Encore Best Sound Collection for release on 17 January priced at ¥4,950 and featuring 82 songs. A Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE Encore PREMIUM LIVE concert was also announced for 27 June 2020 at TOKYO DOME CITY HALL.
● The official MOTHER Original Soundtrack is now available to pre-order at here – use JPNINTENDO for 5% off.
● The Switch, browser, and mobile online crane game Net Catcher Netch has added a 30cm Bowser figure from Taito and a pair of Red and Green Shell plushies as new prizes. The app regular includes rewards featuring the likes of Kirby and friends.
● Watch the battle and world view introduction videos for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore here.
● The character trailer for Yusuke Kitagawa (Fox) in Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers here.
● The first trailer for BATTOJUTSU here.
● Prologue movies for Serge and Hugo in Genso Manege (Rêver d’un manège) here.
● Introduction video for Star Wars Pinball here.
● The fifth (and all five) gameplay trailers for BUSTAFELLOWS here.
● A Ninja JaJaMaru Collection Original Soundtrack promo video here.
● Another promo video for Disgaea 4 Complete+ here.
● The making of the recent Pokémon Sword / Shield TV commercials with Masaki Okada and Yu Sawabe here.
● A highlight video from the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Challenge Cup from Nintendo Live 2019 here.
● And the 34th episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!