Wednesday Update：Nintendo Switch Launches Next Week in China, Switch Outsells PS3 in Japan, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo and Tencent finally officially announced a release date for Nintendo Switch in Japan with a soft launch next week (10 December) priced at 2,099 RMB ($297). and coming with a trial version of New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Edition (the only game available at launch) pre-installed. Check out more details, photos, and the commercial at this post.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will see a 1st Anniversary “SSB Ultimate Is One Year Old!” spirit event this Friday where you can earn triple Experience Points and SP, plus an additional Damage 50% item.
● Nihon Falcom’s JRPG The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel 3 (known as “Eiyuu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki III” in Japan) will be coming to the west in Spring 2020 and in Japan after that. Check out more details, screens, and videos at this post.
● Nintendo of Latin America revealed that Animal Crossing: New Horizons will include Mexican clothing and a Latin Spanish translation, plus circular and square noses for the villagers. New screenshots posted here.
● Taito’s upcoming Space Invaders Invincible Collection will also add the four-player Space Invaders Gigamax 4SE game to its line-up (both versions).
● Nintendo released the 13th free Nintendo Labo VR mini-game Osushiya-san (literally “Mr. Sushi Shop”) on the Nintendo Switch News Channel in Japan which sees players punch their way to the sushi shop@
● Splatoon 2 underwent maintenance earlier today, although hasn’t seen a software update at time of posting.
● Imagineer announced that shipments for Fit Boxing / Fitness Boxing have now surpassed 500,000 units worldwide.
● Granzella owner Kazuma Kujo announced that R-Type Final 2 will release in December 2020 if development foes well and that crowdfunding was 6:4 with Japan and overseas.
● Behaviour Interactive updated Dead by Daylight to Version 3.4.0 adding the Cursed Legacy chapter DLC and much more. More details and trailer at this post.
● AQUASTYLE updated theFushigi no Gensokyo -Lotus Labyrinth- to Version 1.0.8 adding the new scenario part 3 “Vertoende”, story dungeon, difficulty levels, and more.
● Inti Creates updated Dragon Marked For Death to Version 2.2.1 with character changes and bug fixes detailed here.
● Hamster’s game this week is the 1985 Konami shoot ’em up Arcade Archives TwinBee priced at ¥838. Screenshots posted here. Arcade Archives Penguin Wars is also coming soon (PS4 version confirmed, Switch almost definite).
● Flyhigh Works announced the puzzle game Golf Peaks for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (12 December) priced at ¥500. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Mediascape are publishing the Famicom Wars-esque Little Bit War on the Japanese Switch eShop on 05 December. Screenshots posted here.
● CIRCLE Ent. announced that the acclaimed graphic adventure STAY will be coming to the Japanese Switch eShop soon. Japanese trailer posted here.
● UPR / WaiS also removed the Minna no Decoration Card app from the Japanese 3DS eShop in addition to the main Minna no Oshaberi Chat (Chat-A-Lot) app which allowed cards to be sent using. No reason was given but it’s likely due to lack of use and switching off the servers.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the new Warm Winter Style Collection and the returning Coat Collection (both pictured here).
● Dr. Mario World won the Cute & Casual category award in the Japanese Google Play Best of 2019 awards.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Bound Hero Battle: Innes & Eirika with Innes: Regal Strategician and Eirika: Restoration Lady, and a Summoning Focus: Bound Hero Battle adding Ephraim: Sacred Twin Lord.
● Mario Kart Tour was listed on the Top Free Charts on the Japanese App Store Best of 2019 It also won both the Excellence user category award and Creative category award in the Google Play Best of 2019. The game added the new London Tour with Waluigi (Bus Driver), Daisy (Holiday Cheer), Red Koopa (Freerunning), and more new content. Check out more details, artwork, and trailer at this post.
● An incredible week for Nintendo sales with Pokémon Sword / Shield selling a further 275,959 and surpassing 2 million physical units sold. Nintendo Switch hardware sold 186,763 and actually surpassed PlayStation 3 lifetime numbers for Japan. Full top 10 posted here.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1618 review scores included Pokémon Sword / Shield with 38/40,d Yo-kai Watch 4++ with 36/40, Ghostbusters with 32/40, Headliner: NoviNews with 31/40, Megaquarium with 30/40, Dot Horror Story with 26/40, Mochi A Girl with 30/40, and Sparklite with 28/40. Check out the full list of scores here and this week’s teaser scans here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock dropped today by -560 (1.26%) in Japan after the soft launch for China, to close trading for the day at 43,830.00 JPY.
● Sony Music Direct announced the MOTHER Original Soundtrack for release in Japan on 25 December priced at ¥5,500. Track listing posted here.
● Watch NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #153 featuring Pokémon Sword / Shield, Super Smash Bros. Ulitmate, and Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● An “Accolades Trailer” for Pokémon Sword / Shield from Nintendo UK here.
● The Alabasta Arc trailer for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 here.
● Another promo video for Disgaea 4 Complete+ here.
● The Japanese trailer for FoxyLand here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!