Monday Update：Devil May Cry 3, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4, Mirror, And More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● With the first two Devil May Cry games already available on Switch, Capcom announced the third title, Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition for release on the Switch eShop on 20 February 2020 priced at $19.99. The game is expected to be announced in all other major regions shortly.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced that One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 will release on 26 March 2020 in Japan (27 March in the rest of the world) priced at ¥8,580. Check out the third promo video, box art, early purchase benefits, and future Luffy Taro costume here.
● Nintendo have announced Pokémon Sword / Shield maintenance for 26 November from 14:00 -17:00 JST (25 November from 21:00-00:00 PT).
● Atlus will deliver new Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers information on 26 November at 18:00 JST (00:00 PT) in the video posted here.
● Experience have opened up a Campfire for the upcoming Shiin / Death Mark / Spirit Hunter series sequel, tentatively titled Shibito Magire -Yashiki Kazuo Kaiitan-. It’s currently 21% funded at time of posting.
● The first (off-screen) screenshots for Puzzle & Dragons GOLD from CoroCoro posted here reveal the game’s new horizontal gameplay mode.
● DAEMON X MACHINA will see a free large update this week (28 November) adding the boss Zelcroa (pictured here), as well as a nre co-op order, weapons, armour, and a third collaboration.
● Success announced an Umihara Kawase BaZooKa!! trial event at the Success HQ in Shinagawa City, Tokyo on 21 December between 13:00-19:00 JST.
● SakuraGames announced the match-3 puzzle RPG and visual novel game Mirror for release on the Switch eShop on 23 December priced at ¥1,000. Screenshots posted here.
● Sega date the scrolling shooter SEGA AGES Fantasy Zone for release later this week (28 November) in Japan priced at ¥999.
● SAT-BOX announced that the school party game collection Bokura no School Battle (Our School Battle) will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 19 December priced at ¥1,450. Introduction video posted here.
● Morihiko Network announced the 2D side-scrolling action game Kamikara no Shizuku for release next year on both Nintendo Switch and Steam. Gameplay footage posted here.
● Other Tales Interactive’s co-op adventure game Tick Tock: A Tale for Two (know as “Tick Tock：Futari no Tame no Monogatari” in Japan) is now available to preload on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥620 with preloads now live.
● Orange Cube updated the Switch version of Majo no Meikyuu (Labyrinth of the Witch) to Version 1.1.1 which fixes a bug that caused an error when entering a specific floor, and holding down R + Y in a dungeon will enable you to change directions diagonally.
● Yusuke Hisano have moved their puzzle-platformer JumpGun! from 2019 release on Switch, Xbox One, and PC to 2020. Three trailers posted here.
● And check out this week’s current Nintendo eShop line-up for Japanese Switch at this post with new games being added seemingly every day!
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw new animal maps available using Gulliver’s Ship with Jeremiah, Olivia, Yuka, Drift, Cleo, Boris, Cole, Tammy, Queenie, and Gloria, all pictured here. Isabelle’s café cookie and the dazzling duo cookie are also both back in stock for a limited time.
● Dragalia Lost saw an epilogue added to the raid event revival Kindness and Captivity. The featured boss Barbary will also be added to Astral Raids this weekend.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Voting Gauntlet Blocks A and B begin featuring Barst: The Hatchet, Helbindi: Savage Scourge, Mordecai: Kindhearted Tiger, Hawkeye Desert Guardian,Dorcas: Serene Warrior, and Effie: Army of One.
● In this week’s Japanese rankings: Pokémon Sword is still op top with GEO (no sign of Shield). Death Stranding is second and Shenmue III opens at number three. Sword and Shield collectively have 377 points with COMG!. Last week’s numbers were 1,444 points with 1,364,544 sales, although “Comg! math” is prone to error, especially in recent years.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +800 (1.93%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 42,290.00 JPY.
● In UK charts: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is back on top with Pokémon Sword／Shield down to #3 and #5 respectively. Luigi’s Mansion 3 (at #6) and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (at #8) are two of the other Nintendo titles in the top 10.
● A fourth successful day at Nintendo TOKYO with waiting times as much as six hours at one period earlier in the day. Nintendo are returning to a numbered ticket system again on Tuesday and I guess will be reviewing the situation daily.
● Another poll from Nintendo Dream magazine involved the videogame character who would make the best comedian? Wario won by just four votes. Check out the full top 10 here.
● An 8 minute battle summary video of the Famitsu Super Smash Bros. Ultimate corporate tournament here.
● A gameplay video featuring Nanami Yamashita playing Untitled Goose Game here.
● A Sisilala TV episode featuring The Stretchers here.
● Denjin☆Getcha! segments for Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda here, Romancing SaGa 3 here, Bokura no Keshigomu Otoshi ＋ Sports Set here, and Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden – Deluxe Edition here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!