Thursday Update：Sword & Shield Sells 6m Worldwide, Super Nintendo World Visual, Kirby Trademark, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● In more sales news since Pokémon Sword / Shield‘s first week’s numbers were shared from Japan yesterday: the game has surpassed Super Smash Bros. Ultimate‘s opening week worldwide at six million. This is in just three days and is sell through to the customer. Japan and North America each accounted for two million, thus Europe and the Rest of the World saw the other two. Nintendo eShop sales in Japan are upwards of 600,000, likely beating Animal Crossing: New Leaf‘s numbers (which had the excuse of being supply restrained, Sword & Shield isn’t).
● Universal Studios Japan posted a new key visual for SUPER NINTENDO WORLD which confirms that the Yoshi attraction is indeed coming. Peach’s Castle and Bowser’s Castle are also pictured (even though they haven’t been constructed yet). USJ hope to open before the Tokyo 2020 Games begin.
● Three separate Obakeidoro! posts today! First off is the Version 1.0.7 update which is now live (patch notes here), second is the new Buttobi Warehouse map arriving in early December (trailer here), finally the free DLC to commemorate 40,000 downloads is now available adding special versions of Googly and Jack Ripley (screenshots here).
● Prototype will publish the visual novel Chou no Doku Hana no Kusari ～Taishou Tsuya Koi Ibun～ for Switch on 20 February priced at ¥6,600. Box art posted here.
● Kadokawa Games will publish the love simulation game LoveR Kiss for Switch and Ps4 (the latter being censored) on 27 February with a Costume Deluxe Pack also confirmed containing 20 lots of DLC.
● DAEMON X MACHINA saw some crossover DLC with Code Geass available until 20 November next year where you can change your Arsenal to Lancelot and your attire to Suzaku’s pilot suit. Check out artwork, screenshots, and trailer here.
● Hamster’s next game will be the 1984 Konami Classic Arcade Archives Hyper Sports which releases on 28 November priced at ¥838. Check out six screenshots here.
● Feral Interactive announced the release of the survival horror game Alien: Isolation on the Switch eShop on 05 December priced at ¥4,400, £29.99, $34.99, or €34.99 with preloads now live.
● MUTAN updated Goonya Fighter to Version 1.0.6 and added the “Bighead Battle!!” experimental battle.
● Copen will be added to Blaster Master Zero 2 on 29 November priced at ¥200 (although free until 12 December). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw a huge Version 3.0.0 update with the new Pocket Camp Club paid subscription service (the two plans are Happy Helper Plan and Cookie & Depot Plan), a completely overhauled menu design and a Recommended Players feature, the Gulliver’s Ship fix, a new app icon, and so much more. Check out the full patch notes with pictures here. Today also saw the new All-Natural Scavenger Hunt begin.
● Dr. Mario World saw 20 new stages (341 through 360), the Flying ? Blocks event, and the Collect Clear Stars! event. Remember to log-in to receive your free Staff Ticket! More details on today’s events here.
● Dragalia Lost saw the new Void Enemies Eolian Phantom and Smoldering Manticore (profiles here). A new update next week will also add a Very Hard difficulty for the main campaign.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Bound Hero Battle Revival: Titania & Mist begin plus a new map, Out of the Woods, available in Tactics Drills: Grandmaster.
● Check out this week’s full Nintendo only Famitsu software and hardware charts with record breaking weeks for Pokémon Sword & Shield (fastest selling Switch game), Nintendo Switch hardware (at 10 million) and Minecraft (at 1 million) here.
● DENGEKI TOP50 numbers have Pokémon Sword outselling Pokémon Shield by a ratio of 5.9:4.1 with the retail shipment for both being 1,700,000. Super Street: Racer also charted selling 688 copies.
● The February 2020 issue of Nintendo DREAM magazine will include a free Dimitri Fire Emblem ∅ (Cipher) card (pictured here).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased again today by +30 (0.07%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 43,000.00 JPY. Again, their new highest for almost 18 months!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for a new KIRBY trademark for a number of merchandising purposes (literally triple figures!). Check out the actual application here.
● Several new My Nintendo physical rewards are a My Nintendo Original Calendar 2020 and Animal Crossing Pochi Bags, with a Wrapping Bag & Message Card set also available from the My Nintendo Store. Check out images for all three here and a full list of available rewards in Japan here.
● Purchases over ¥5,000 at Nintendo TOKYO will get a random Mario & Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, or Toad bauble while stocks last. ¥20,000 will see you get all four! Check out a picture of the baubles, plus another couple of store pics here.
● Check out the second Weekly Famitsu magazine advert for Pokémon Sword / Shield here (there’s a link to last week’s at the post!).
● The Autumn Atelier Festival will air on YouTube on 26 November at 21:00 JST (04:00 PT).
● A 10 minute Famitsu video from Nintendo TOKYO here.
● The battle card announcement trailer for the Famitsu Presents Super Smash Bros Ultimate Game Tournament for Corporates here.
● The opening movie for Olympia Soiree here.
● A short promo video for Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 7 from AGF2019 here.
● Japanese and English trailers for Okiraku Tennis SP (Family Tennis SP) here.
● Two Japanese launch trailers for LEGO Jurassic World here.
● A promo video for Monster Farm (Monster Rancher) here.
● Japanese gameplay trailer for Mindball Play here.
● Japanese trailer for Kami Ningyou (Paper Dolls Original) here.
● DELiGHTWORKS’s second gameplay video for Kaminazo Mirai Karano Omoide here.
● This week’s episode of Denjin☆Getcha! featuring Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Deluxe Edition, Romancing SaGa 3, and Bokura no Keshigomu Otoshi ＋ Sports Set here.
● Nanami Yamashita playing Untitled Goose Game here.
● A “Play together anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch” video from Nintendo UK here.
● The fifth episode of the second season of the Ninja Box web anime (plus all previous episodes) here.
● The console launch trailer for FoxyLand here.
● The North American release window announcement trailer for Samurai Showdown here.
● The PC launch trailer for Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling here.
● The project winner announcement video for Bokura no Keshigomu Otoshi ＋ Sports Set here.
● And a six days before release video for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!