Wednesday Update：Sword & Shield Sells 1.365m, Switch Sells 10m, Minecraft Sells 1m, & NCL Shares at 18 Month High！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Some amazing milestones for Nintendo Switch today with Pokémon Sword / Shield selling 1,364,544 physical copies in just three days, opening with more than even Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Switch hardware selling 180,136 and surpassing 10 million inits sold in the country, and physical copies of Minecraft have now surpassed the million mark, making two new million sellers in one week!
● After a brief dip last week, Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased again today, this time by +640 (1.51%) to close trading for the day at 42,970.00 JPY, achieving the new highest figure since late May 2018!
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will see a “New Galar Region Pokémon Discovered” for three days from 22 November featuring Zacian & Zamazenta, Grookey, Scorbunny, & Sobble, Corviknight, and Morpeko spirits from Pokémon Sword / Shield (artwork posted here). The 6th Photo Dojo will also have a “Hobby” theme. Example videos posted here.
● Spike Chunsoft will be publishing the hack-and-slash game Katanamichi Gaiden KATANAKAMI (likely called “Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story” in the west) on 20 February priced at ¥4,378. Promo video posted here.
● The 12th free Nintendo Labo VR mini-game released in Japan called Lunar Exploration (or “Getsumen Tanken”) which sees you explore the moon!
● Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore will add new content including a new dungeon and story featuring Tiki, new songs and music videos, new costumes (plus Tsubasa’s glasses can be turned on or ofg), and Maiko can join in battles.
● An eShop listing for Samurai Spirits eliminated any uncertainty over the release date with the game set for 12 December release in Japan. English support is confirmed which makes it all the more puzzling why the western release is in Q1 2020.
● Idea Factory have opened up the Collar×Malice for Nintendo Switch website here.
● FuRyu also opened up the Doraemon Nobita no Shin Kyouryuu (Doraemon: Nobita’s New Dinosaur) website here.
● Kadokawa Games’s upcoming Switch game LoveR Kiss is currently 80% complete with Taito’s Japanese release of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends currently 85% complete. The latter will also include the original Bubble Bobble classic from 1986.
● Free DLC for SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays will include Sig Wedner and Sisquiede AEUG colour coming in December and Destiny Gundam Heine Westenfluss Custom coming in January (thanks Kite!).
● More playable characters that have been confirmed for the Fairy Tail RPG are Rogue Cheney, Kagura Mikazuchi, Sherria Blendy, Sting Eucliffe, and Ichiya Vandalay Kotobuki.
● Fortnite is updating to v11.20 which includes Battle Royale enhancements, bug fixes, and more. Full patch notes posted here. The current season will also run until February 2020.
● TAKUYO have posted the sample box art for Koi no Hanasaku Hyakkaen here.
● Three games shadow dropped on the Japanese Switch eShop today with Kami Ningyou (Paper Dolls Original) from CIRCLE Ent. priced at ¥2,420, Croc´s World 2 from Sprakelsoft priced at ¥555, and 8-Ball Pocket from Starsign priced at ¥600.
● Two new demos released on the Japanese Switch eShop with the fashion game Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate (unfortunately, it’s only playable in Japanese), and the aforementioned Croc’s World 2.
● Arc System Works will be porting the Okiraku Tennis SP (Family Tennis SP) game to the Switch eShop next week (28 November) with preloads now live in Japan priced at ¥800. A worldwide launch hasn’t been confirmed yet but is expected.
● Qureate announced the romance visual novel NekoMiko for release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 05 December with preloads now live at ¥800 (the regular price is ¥1,000).
● DICO removed the survival horror game Remothered: Tormented Fathers from the Japanese Switch eShop with no information over when, or even if, it will ever return. The webpage now sees an Error code 9001-1670.
● City Connection’s next Switch game is actually a localisation of the physics based race Mindball Play releasing next week (28 November) where it is now available to preload for ¥1,200 (the regular price is ¥1,500).
● Over 70 more games have been added to the Japanese Switch eShop sales this week (I’ll catch up by the weekend) but the highlight is a permanent reduction for Sonic Forces from ¥6,589 to ¥3,289 due to the physical version getting a budget priced rerelease.
● Ratalaika Games’s first published game in Japan since launching their Japanese website and Twitter account will be the cute 2D platformer FoxyLand which releases next week (28 November) priced at ¥500. Trailer posted here.
● Intragames announced they will be bringing the Metroidvania game Bookbound Brigade to Switch worldwide in 2020. Gameplay trailer posted here.
● This week’s preloads not listed above include SAMURAI SPIRITS (¥6,280/¥7,800), Petoons Party (¥3,900), Zettai Kaikyuu Gakuen (¥6,100), Star Wars Pinball (¥4,818), Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection (¥6,600), Musou OROCHI 3 Ultimate (¥8,580/¥9,680), Riverbond (¥1,984), and Defenders of Ekron：Definitive Edition (¥1,600).
● The Japanese 3DS eshop will see Shingeki no Kyojin 2 ～Mirai no Zahyou～ removed on 27 November and Minna no Oshaberi Chat (Chat-A-Lot) removed on 01 December. The servers will be shutdown for the latter on 29 February 2020.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see the Pocket Camp Club subscription service in a few hours with a Happy Helper Plan priced at ¥360 per month and a Cookie & Depot Plan priced at ¥980 per month. Check out more details, plus artworks, and videos here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Distant Counter Skills featuring Nagi: Dragon Avatar, Byleth: Tested Professor and Nailah: Unflinching Eye.
● Mario Kart Tour saw the beginning of the Winter Tour which adds Mario (Santa), Pink Gold Peach (technically she arrives in the second pipe), Black Shy Guy, the Cheermellow kart, the Starchute glider, and the DK Pass course. Winter Trailer posted here.
● Check out this week’s Famitsu software top 10 here with not only impressive milestones for Pokémon Sword / Shield, Switch hardware, and Minecraft, but impressive numbers of rLuigi’s Mansion 3 (29,718), and especially Ring Fit Adventure (28,015.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No. 1616 review scores includes Tokyo Dark – Remembrance – with 31/40, Guns of Mercy with 31/40, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate with 24/40, and SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays with 31/40. Check out the full list of scores for all Switch games reviewed here. Incidentally, the Your Toy score I tweeted earlier is actually just for the PlayStation 4 version.
● Next week’s issue of the magazine will feature Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers as the only Switch game for now. Other systems’ games include Final Fantasy VII Remake, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Project Sakura Wars, Granblue Fantasy, and more.
● Ring Fit Adventure will be playable on this monitor at Nintendo TOKYO. Other playable games at launch are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Odyssey.
● Level-5’s excellent ARPG SNACK WORLD: The Dungeon Crawl – Gold will release in North America and Europe on 14 February (obviously I mean the Switch and not 3DS versions!). Announcement trailer posted here.
● Check out a Fire Emblem: Three Houses character poll from Nintendo Dream readers at this link. Dimitri and Claude were the top two but check out the full 25. And please share the link – my blog needs the hits!
● Masahiro Sakurai wrote in Weekly Famitsu about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate surpassing Street Fighter II in sales to become the best-selling fighting game and why he considers SFII to be the king of fighting games. Read more at this post.
● Watch NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #152 featuring Pokémon Sword / Shield, The Stretchers, and Eiga Sumikko Gurashi Tobidasu Ehon to Himitsu no Ko Game de Asobou！Ehon no Sekai here.
● The second promo video for Bakutsuri Hunters here.
● The launch livestream of BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE Ver2.0 here.
● A 15 second promo video (yes, I know that’s a commercial!) for Yo-kai Watch 4++ here.
● The Japanese launch trailer for Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Deluxe Edition here.
● The Japanese launch trailer for Riverbond here.
● The Japanese version of the Copen DLC trailer for Blaster Master Zero 2 here.
● The English Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition overview trailer here.
● “The next big Pokémon adventure” commercial for Pokémon Sword / Shield here.
● And a 7 days before release video for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!