Monday Update：Animal Crossing Pocket Camp Subscription Service, Nintendo Internship 2020, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo announced a new paid membership service for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp called “Pocket Camp Club” which arrives on Thursday with two different plans. One involves nominating an animal to be your camp caretaker, the other involving receiving fortune cookies plus access to warehouses.
● Nintendo will be releasing a video on Wednesday with more information regarding the new paid service. Four hours of maintenance will precede the service. Analyst Dr. Serkan Toto says this means it is likely that Mario Kart Tour‘s Gold Pass subscription service works. Series expert ChuyPlaysNintendo shares his reservations however: “I’m worried about there being two different options for the premium plan,” although is open to see what Nintendo have in the works and “hope[s] they give a 2 week free trial like Mario Kart Tour.”
● ROMANoV HiGA revealed they were in charge of Pokémon Sword／Shield‘s storyboarding and the animation for the opening and other event scenes. Sword is outselling shield throughout Japan, although we won’t get final numbers for another day or two.
● Entergram announced the visual novel Umineko no Naku Koro ni Saki ～Nekobako to Musou no Kouchoukyoku～ (Umineko When They Cry Blossom ~ Symphony of Dream and Cat Box) for both Switch and PS4 in the teaser site here.
● Persius was announced as the 177th playable character in Musou OROCHI 3 Ultimate (Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate). Check out the trailer plus new gameplay footage here.
● The Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch Ultra Pack 2 DLC will add Super Uub as a playable character this Winter.
● Justdan Internation announced a Version 1.03 update for Dusk Diver which will arrive soon and includes adjustments, bug fixes, and more. Full patch notes posted here.
● The Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout Official Visual Collection releases in Japan on 14 December priced at ¥2,970 and features 160 x A4 pages.
● Techland announced the first-person shooter Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 10 December priced at ¥2,200 with preloads now live. Announcement trailer posted here.
● Mediascape will be publishing mumimumi’s 2D platformer Mochi A Girl on the Japanese Switch eShop in December. Promo video posted here.
● The Copen DLC arrives in Blaster Master Zero 2 on 29 November. Check out the trailer here.
● The Nyakuza Metro DLC will also arrive in A Hat in Time on 21 November and adds a new chapter and sticker system, but not the Online Party mode.
● Ratalaika Games aim to announce three games this year for release in Japan in the coming months (ideally one this year and two in January 2020) with Switch getting between one and three of the games.
● VVVVVV creator Terry Cavanagh has announced the deckbuilding roguelike Dicey Dungeons for release in the second half of 2020 with Japanese localisation confirmed. Steam launch trailer posted here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp also saw the Royal Blue Wall & Floor Collection available for a limited time. Check out each item pictured here.
● Dr. Mario World saw a 24 hour special sale on Hearts with 1 available for 5 Diamonds (instead of 10) and 60 minutes of infinite play available for 15 Diamonds (instead of 30).
● Fire Emblem Heroes will see New Heroes: Guardians of Peace on 19 November featuring Larum: Sprightly Dancer, Perceval: Knightly Ideal, Echidna: Unyielding Idealist, and Igrene: Nabata Protector. Introduction video posted here with official artwork to follow.
● Mario Kart Tour updated to Version 1.2.0 with adjusted race controls, a list of tickets you currently have added, and you can now earn bonus points for finishing a race in Frenzy mode. PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU HAVE AN ANDROID DEVICE!
● COMG! points for Pokémon Sword／Shield are an incredible 1,444 for just three days. Ring Fit Adventure is second place with 42 points and Luigi’s Mansion dropped to fifth with 21 points. Both TSUTAYA and GEO have Luigi’s Mansion 3 above Ring Fit Adventure. The ratio of Sword and Shield is 6:4 (slightly more than COMG!) and they retailer expects it to be the biggest hit of 2019.
● Next month’s Jump Festa ’20 event will also include a Pokémon stage along with Pokémon Sword／Shield being playable. The event will be held on 21 and 22 December at the Makuhari Messe venue in Chiba.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +790 (1.91%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 42,070.00 JPY.
● In UK charts: Pokémon Sword is the third largest physical game launch of 2019 and the largest exclusive game. Pokémon Shield is second with the Dual Edition at #7. Combined, the games sold 64.6% more than Pokémon Let’s Go although are 34.5% lower than Pokémon Sun Moon. Other Nintendo games in the top 10 included Luigi’s Mansion 3 at #6, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at #9, and Mario & Sonic At The Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 at #10.
● Nintendo announced details of their Nintendo Internship 2020 program with pre-entry opened for “Production Planning”, “Sound”, and “Design” job categories (“Science and Engineering” has been filled already). More details posted here.
● Inside System announced that The Legend of Dark Witch series has surpassed more than 300,000 sales across all platforms worldwide since the first game launched on 3DS back in 2014.
● Sega Entertainment will be releasing Hoshi no Kirby Kira Kira Mascots at UFO catcher machines in Japan from 21 November. Check them out here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for another Nintendo Switch information processing patent allowing the Switch to be used in a plurality of modes. The application also refers to an older 3DS patent. Check out select images from both here/
● Watch the first episode of the new Pocket Monsters anime here.
● Announcement trailer for the eight companies (including Sony Interactive Entertainment!) competing in the “Famitsu Presents Super Smash Bros Ultimate Game Tournament for Corporates” here.
● The opening movie for UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late [cl-r] here.
● An introduction video forBokura no Keshigomu Otoshi ＋ Sports Set here.
● A livestream gameplay session featuring Ruriko Aoki playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● And a BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE Ver2.0 livestream will take place on 20 November 1t 20:00 JST here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!