Friday Update：Nintendo Shadow Drop The Stretchers & Fire Emblem: Three Houses DLC on Switch eShop, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo shadow dropped a co-op puzzler The Stretchers on the Japanese (and later European and North American) eShop, developed by LITTLE NIGHTMARES developers Tarsier Studios, and priced at ¥2,000. Check out screenshots and promo video here.
● The other top story today is Nintendo shadow dropping the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Expansion Pass Wave 3 DLC which was added through a new Version 1.1.0 update. The DLC adds new quests, Anna, new outfits, saunas, and animal petting. Check out screenshots and patch notes here.
● Kemco announced that the shogi mystery game Senri no Kifu ～Gendai Shogi Mystery～ will release in Japan on 27 February priced at ¥3,666. Check out the box art of the newly announced physical version and promo video here.
● The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate “The Road to Becoming Fighting King” time-limited tournament has begun. Check out the full list of rules here.
● The 9th TETRIS 99 Grand Prix / Maximus Cup / Teto 1 Cup has begun where scoring 100 event points will unlock you a Pokémon Sword / Shield collaboration theme. Screenshots and trailer posted here.
● Disney Tsum Tsum Festival will add the Frozen II characters Elsa and Anna as free DLC on 22 November with Olaf available for movie-goers! Check out screenshots, artwork, and more details here.
● Take Two Interactive announced that the action RPG The Outer Worlds will be coming to Switch in Q1 2020. Japanese trailers posted here.
● Arc System Works finally updated the Switch version of KILL la KILL the GAME IF to Version 1.10 bringing it up to date with the other versions and adding the playable character Nudist Beach D.T.R. Patch notes and video posted here.
● Check out the Japanese early purchase benefits for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix here.
● DELiGHTWORKS announced they will be publishing Gift Ten Industry’s second Switch game (the first was Madorica Real Estate) Kaminazo Mirai Karano Omoide won the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 February priced at ¥2,480 with preloads live. Screenshots (including the game’s paper cut outs) and promo video posted here.
● Koei Tecmo Games announced that Monster Farm/Rancher will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 19 December (the smartphone version releases on 28 November) priced at ¥1,960. The smartphone versions only support Japanese so this is expected for the Switch release, Screenshots and promo video posted here.
● Nussoft announced the 3D crab fighter Kani no Kenka – Fight Crab – will now be releasing for Switch next year with a new publisher found for the North American and European markets. Japanese trailer posted here.
● GMG Label announced they will be localising the newly released platformer Skybolt Jack for the Japanese Switch eShop too. Announcement trailer posted here.
● Worker Bee announced that the 2D pen-and-paper RPG Knights of Pen and Paper + 1 Deluxier Edition will finally release (it was announced over a year ago) on the Japanese Switch eShop in Japan on 21 November. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Teyon Japan are preparing the Ice Level for the Japanese Switch release of Human: Fall Flat. Expect it this Winter.
● Inti Creates updated the Switch version of Mighty Gunvolt Burst to Version 1.4.2 adding a caution note if you’re playing the game on Nintendo Switch Lite where the Dowsing feature is restricted.
● Sekai Games updated fault – milestone one to Version 1.01 fixing a number of bugs related to language settings, save slot date issues, and stability improvements.
● Luigi’s Mansion 3 was the best selling Japanese Switch eShop game this past week. Check out the full top 10 for both Switch and 3DS here. Pokémon Sword has since overtaken it!
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will receive the Gulliver’s Ship fix” on 21 November in an update. Check out all the changes at this post.
● Dr. Mario World will see Versus Seasons coming to the versus mode from 13 November with new Tiers (6 and 7) and exclusive new assistants (no details on who yet).
● Dragalia Lost saw chapter five was added to the Stirring Shadows story event.
● Super Mario Run saw the return of the event where the Bonus Medals you can collect on Remix 10 will be multiplied by 1.2.
● Approximate first day sell-throughs for Switch games in Japan are Fortnite Darkfire Bundle with 20% and Eiga Sumikko Gurashi Tobidasu Ehon to Himitsu no Ko Game de Asobou！Ehon no Sekai with just 10%.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock dropped today by -40 (0.10%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 41,960.00 JPY.
● Tencent posted on Weibo to say they are actively preparing for the official launch of Nintendo Switch in China.
● Nintendo and Intelligent Systems announced a Fire Emblem EXPO II for 2020 with full details to be revealed on 22 November at 18:00 JST at this website.
● Game Freak cancelled the Pokémon Sword / Shield launch event scheduled for the SunShine City Fountain Square on 15 November in Tokyo due to “operational reasons”.
● Inti Creates have opened up an Osaka branch which will focus on 3D game development.
● The latest merchandise announced for Nintendo TOKYO is a CROSSING SPLATOON series which joins Super Mario, Animal Crossing, and The Legend of Zelda. Check out the full range here.
● The permanent Kirby Café TOKYO is due to open on the second floor of Tokyo Solamachi from 12 December. Check out the menu, goods, and promo video here.
● The Pokémon Company opened up a special Pokémon Great Story website which generates a video based on your favourite region, starter, memory, and battle.
● Watch the third Pokémon Sword / Shield Japanese TV commercial here, ‘The Next Big Pokémon Adventure” English commercial here, and “A Letter and Song From Undertale Game Creator Toby Fox” (with both letter and song!) here.
● The Sophia character introduction video in Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers here.
● The second promo video for void tRrLM(); //Void Terrarium here.
● Another “Nintendo Switch My Way” commercial featuring Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● Celica, Elizabeth, and Susanoo character introduction videos for BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE Ver2.0 here.
● An Evangelion × Phantasy Star Online 2 movie Part1 here.
● And the 30th episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!