Monday Update：Picross Trademark, Fire Emblem Rumour, Persona 5 Scramble Details, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for a new PICROSS trademark in Japan which covers both console and smartphone games. This could potentially be for a Picross 3D: Round 3 release (please note this is my personal speculation). Check out the actual application here.
● We have professional translations of Nintendo Co., Ltd. President Shuntaro Furukawa talking about considering portable console titles for Nintendo Switch here and about company policy on remakes for Nintendo Switch here.
● In related news: former Game Informer editor, Imran Khan, claims that Nintendo cancelled another Fire Emblem series remake on 3DS and it could come to Switch. Read more details at this post.
● Today’s live broadcast for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers revealed that development is currently 90% complete plus introduced new characters and the game connecting with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Check out more details and some new videos at here. The Hero trailer arrives tomorrow.
● Square-Enix updated Dragon Quest Builders 2 to Version 1.7.1a which allows for save data to be transferred from the new “Jumbo Demo” which is out now in Japan and overseas tomorrow, allowing gameplay up until Furrowfield Island.
● Shimeru Monotachi (which literally translates to “People Who End”) won DAY2 of the 5th Splatoon Koshien in Kyushu yesterday. Videos for both days here.
● Konami announced that Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution for Switch will be playable at Jump Festa ’20 next month.
● Experience announced that crowdfunding will begin on their new horror game, and Shiin/DeathMark/Spirit Hunter sequel, Shibito Magire -Yashiki Kazuo Kaiitan- from 25 November at 22:00 JST with a 2021 release planned on both Switch and PS4.
● Please note that even with Pokémon Sword / Shield leaks in the wild, I won’t be covering any spoilers on Japanese Nintendo until there’s an official reveal by The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.
● Cosen announced they will be publishing the puzzle platformer BALTHAZAR’S DREAM on the Japanese Switch eShop in December priced at ¥1,000. Videos posted here.
● Bookmark this post for the current Nintendo eShop line-up this week. Post to be updated once more games are (inevitably) announced.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw tons of items from past events are back for limited-time reissue crafting with more to follow. Check out the full list here.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Summon Showcase, Stirring Shadows (Part Two) begin. Check out profiles for the featured adventurer Akasha and dragon Hastur, and the event trailer here. Chapters three and four were also added to the Stirring Shadows story event, with the featured boss Valfarre returning to to Astral Raids on 09 November.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Cavalry Strike quests where you form a team of Heroes with the cavalry movement type to earn Dragonflowers, Crystals, or Stamina Potions.
● Mario Kart Tour will see a Parisian-costumed Peach (pictured here) arrive in the Paris Tour this week.
● In COMG! pre-orders: Pokémon Sword / Shield is at 582 pts. In rankings from this past week: Persona 5: The Royal has a combined 366 pts, Luigi’s Mansion 3 is #2 with 157 pts, with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 at #7 with just 13 pts. TSUTAYA had Persona 5R at #1, Luigi 3 at #2, and Mario & Sonic at #6.
● No trading today due to Bunka no Hi (Culture Day) so Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock is still at the impressive 41,500.00 JPY from Friday.
● In UK charts: Luigi’s Mansion 3 had the best start of any Switch game this year, although it couldn’t unseat Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the top spot. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is up two places to #4, and Ring Fit Adventure is still #7.
● In addition to the Picross trademark, Nintendo Co., Ltd. have also applied for a Communication technology patent aiming to connect a client terminal to a wireless LAN access point via a master terminal. More information and select images used in the application here.
● Check out images of some of the good at the Kirby pop-up shop in Japan’s Yamashiroya toy store, called WADO’S TOY SHOP here.
● Watch a Luigi’s Mansion 3 “Meet the New Poltergust G-00!” video here.
● Square-Enix deleted the other TV commercial for Romancing SaGa3 and uploaded a new one here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!