Friday Update：Mario Kart Multiplayer Beta, Nintendo Shares Soar, Switch Closer to Chinese Launch, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo revealed more plans of the Mario Kart Tour multiplayer beta test which begins this December and will be available for Gold Pass members only until the full launch. More details will be released shortly.
● The “Smash by the Sword” spirit event has begun in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with the full list of spirits including Link, Dark Matter, Mecha-Fiora, Pyra, Mythra, and Alucard listed here.
● The November rewards for Mario Tennis Aces are Toad Tennis Outfit, Toadette Tennis Outfit, Orange Yoshi, Pink Yoshi, and Light-Blue Yoshi. Screenshots and reward requirements posted here.
● A Pokémon Sword／Shield Grand Prix / Maximus Cup / Teto 1 Cup is coming to TETRIS 99 next weekend with a free theme for 100 event points. Check out screenshots and a trailer for the theme here.
● Fire Emblem: Three Houses has had the strongest start of any other entry in the Fire Emblem series with more than 50% of purchasers being from North America.
● Nintendo said that Nintendo Switch Online subscribers are increasing steadily but haven’t revealed a new number (the last number was 9.8 million as of six months ago). Nintendo say they will continue to enhance service content in the future.
● The first 13 weeks of the release of Super Mario Maker 2 saw a 1.5x increase over the Wii U and 3DS entires. There have also been 8 million courses uploaded that have been played more than 400 times.
● Nintendo revealed tear many Ring Fit Adventure customers are between 20 and 30 and a lot of them are women. Nintendo wish to continue expanding sales of the title into next year although haven’t spoke about any additional content.
● A higher percentage of female users are among the new Nintendo Switch Lite purchasers which constitute 57% of sales (43% of purchasers are as an additional system).
● Ryota Yamagata and Satoshi Shimizu are the latest two athletes challengeable in Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game in 100m and Boxing respectively until 14 November. Introduction videos for both posted here.
● 505 Games updated the Switch version of Bloodstained：Ritual of the Night to Version 1.03 with improvements to input lag, visual quality, crashes, and load times. Full patch notes and update trailer posted here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment will be updating GOD EATER 3 to Version 2.10 on 07 November adding new missions, costumes, Aragami, and more. Screenshots ad promo videos for the update posted here.
● Konami updated CONTRA ROGUE CORPS adding two advanced hardcore missions to the game for free plus the paid Retro Bill Pack DLC. Trailers for the new missions posted here.
● Level-5 updated Yo-kai Watch 1 for Nintendo Switch to Version 1.2 fixing several bugs and gifting players a 5-Star Coin.
● Sonic Powered opened up the website for Tetsudou Nippon！Rosen Tabi Eizan Densha Hen (Japanese Rail Sim 3D: Journey to Kyoto) here.
● Epic Games announced a Japan-exclusive Switch Japan Cup for Fortnite over the next couple of days with the new costume Dark Triceraops as a reward. Brief clip posted here.
● Luigi’s Mansion 3 was the best-selling game on the Japanese Switch eShop this past week with preloads for Pokémon Sword / Shield second and third. Check out the full top 10 for both Switch and 3DS here.
● Worker Bee announced they will be publishing the puzzle game Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary on the Japanese Switch eShop on 14 November with preloads live from 07 November.
● GameTomo will be publishing Lost Ember on PS4, Steam, and Xbox One on 22 November, but with the Switch version arriving another time. Announcement trailer posted here.
● Raw Fury have postponed the release of Mosaic from 2019 to Q1 2020.
● Rolling Gunner‘s “Over Power” DLC will be coming to the Switch version much later than the PC version. Check out more details and screenshots here.
● Owlboy is the latest game to be added to the Japanese Switch eShop sales and is currently 40% off (¥1,620). Check out the full list of games on sale here.
● The Animal Crossing: New Leaf event schedule for November has been posted, along with screenshots, here and includes the Fishing tourney and Harvest Festival.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw several new events today in the game’s second anniversary month. Check out full details of Isabelle’s Double Dazzle garden event, Pop Quiz: Anniversary Party, Regal Garden terrain options, Skye’s lavish ball cookie, and the Royal Party Collection here.
● Dr. Mario World players received a 1,000 coin gift today.
● Dragalia Lost was updated to to Version 1.13.1 fixing several bugs. Director Yuji Okada also shared this month’s plans for the game including new details of the upcoming Mega Man: Chaos Protocol event. Check out the full details (large post) here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes will be updated to Version 3.11.0 within the next week with updates to Aether Raids and Aether Resort, New weapon skills and weapons to refine being added (Concealed Blade for Athena: Borderland Sword, Golden Naginata for Subaki: Perfect Expert, Renowned Bow for Gordin: Altean Archer, and Sun Dragonstone for Kana: Dragon Princess), and Additional Heroes via Heroic Grails (Rinea: Reminiscent Belle and Astram: Midia’s Hero).
● Regirock, Regice, and Registeel have all returned to Pokémon GO raids!
● After the recent reveal of a new series of The Legend of Zelda goods for the Nintendo TOKYO store, a new line of Animal Crossing goods was also announced and includes a one-handed pot, kitchen mittens, enamel mug, canisters, storage jar, and stacking containers.
● Japan’s My Nintendo finally saw the return of the Yoshi Canvas Pouch with many other physical rewards having their expiration dates extended from 31 October to 31 January. Check out pictures of the pouch here and a full list of rewards here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock soared today by +2,880 (7.46%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 41,500.00 JPY after yesterday’s Six Months Earnings Release.
● Nintendo Switch Lite has received a preliminary approval for release in China with a New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe demo and with Tencent distributing. More approvals are required before Tencent can launch the console.
● Blizzard Entertainment announced Overwatch 2 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, although no release window was set.
● Watch an introduction video and TV commercial for Pokémon Sword / Shield and a video for the Zacian and Zamazenta Edition of the Nintendo Switch Lite here.
● A Japanese TV commercial for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 here.
● A Japanese “Power Up” TV commercial for Yo-kai Watch 4++ here.
● An English commercial for Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● A teaser trailer for the upcoming (17 November!) Pocket Monsters anime series here.
● The Tohru Adachi character introduction video for BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE Ver.2.0 here.
● Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX Music Video “RESONATING HEARTS” here.
● And the 29th episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden here.