Thursday Update：Nintendo Switch Lite Sells 1.95 Million in 11 Days, 3DS Games Coming to Switch, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo’s successful Six Month Earnings Release (recap here) included Nintendo Switch having sold 41.67 million units worldwide as of 30 September. 1.95 million of the sales were the Nintendo Switch Lite in just 11 days (with Turquoise the most popular colour). Due to the popularity of the Lite, Nintendo President Shuntaro Furukawa said that more 3DS franchises will be made available on Switch.
● The top 10 Switch game sales are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with 19.01 million, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with 15.71 million (out-selling the 3DS and Wii U versions combined), Super Mario Odyssey with 15.38 million, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild with 14.54 million, Pokémon Let’s Go! Pikachu／Eevee with 11.28 million, Splatoon 2 with 9.28 million, Super Mario Party with 7.59 million, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe with 4.59 million, Super Mario Maker 2 with 3.93 million, and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening with 3.13 million (achieved in just 11 days). In addition: Fire Emblem: Three Houses has sold 2.29 million and is one of 11 million sellers for the six month period.
● No changes in the latest Nintendo release calendar which includes Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 all listed as “TBA”.
● Nintendo also updated Ring Fit Adventure to Version 1.1.2 where “Several issues have been addressed to improve the game play experience.”
● Arc System Works will add a dungeon based on the Guilty Gear series character Faust to the packaged version of Mistover and as DLC to the digital version. Screenshot, artwork, and trailer posted here.
● Koei Tecmo Games updated Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout to Version 1.0.5 with bug fixes, support for the second bath of DLC (which is also available), and other fine adjustments.
● NetEase today published the battle royale game Knives Out (known as “Kouya Koudou” in Japan) as a free download but with buyable vouchers to use in-game.
● Entergram announced the adult visual novel Boku to Joi no Shinsatsu Nisshi for Switch release on 30 January as a digital only game. Website open here.
● D3GO released a demo for the RPG puzzle game hybrid Puzzle Quest:The Legend Returns on the Japanese Switch eShop today.
● Eastasiasoft announced the retro 2D platformer Perils of Baking for the Switch eShop with the Switch version trailer posted here.
● Check out the official website for Good-Feel’s Monkey Barrels here.
● Nintendo announced that Daigasso! Band Brothers P and Daigasso! Band Brothers P Debut will be removed from the Japanese 3DS eShop on 20 December and then the online servers shut off on 01 May 2020. The game originally launched for 3DS back on 14 November 2013 although never saw localisation.
● Nintendo 3DS hardware sales are down 62.9% on a year-on-year basis with software sales down 58.5%. Nintendo again are focusing on evergreen titles for the future and no new software is planned.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw a second anniversary trailer (posted here along with details of some of the upcoming events including pictures) with a new garden event and Skye’s Lavish Ball Cookie both beginning tomorrow. There was also a Version 2.6.2 update that added little other than a new icon.
● Dr. Mario World saw both Dr. Donkey Kong and Dr. Diddy Kong arrive along with the new Assistants Boo, Scuttlebug, Goombrat, and Wiggler, stages 321 through 340, a free continue, and a Diamond Sale. New trailer posted here.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Summon Showcase, Stirring Shadows (Part One), Stirring Shadows Story Event, and the facility event revival, The Accursed Archives all begin. Featured adventurer Lathna, featured dragon Nyarlathotep, and event trailer posted here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Voting Gauntlet: Haunted Heroes begin featuring L’Arachel vs Dozla, Mia vs Hector, Ilyana vs Henry, and Kagero vs Jakob, plus new Tactics Drills (detailed here.
● Mario Kart Tour will see an online multiplayer mode added although President Shuntaro Furukawa didn’t release anymore details as to when it will happen.
● This week’s full Nintendo software and hardware charts from Famitsu are posted here with an excellent second week for Ring Fit Adventure (64,045), plus new entries for both Dragon Quest X: Ibara no Miko to Horobi no Kami Online (34,836) and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (7,677).
● The DENGEKI TOP50 also had Dusk Diver Yuusenchou open with 850 units sold. GIGA WRECKER ALT., My Time at Portia, and Trüberbrook all failed to chart and thus opened with less 850 sales apiece.
● This week’s Famitsu Most Wanted (posted here) saw Pokémon Sword / Shield at number one for the fifth consecutive week. Rune Factory 5 is the highest climber.
● Next week’s issue (No.1614) of Weekly Famitsu magazine will have features on Death Stranding, Romancing SaGa 3, and Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers. Check out a full page advert from the current issue for Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock increased again today by +130 (0.34%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 38,620.00 JPY. This is just before the Six Months Earnings Release.
● I’ve also updated the Consoles sales page (here) with all the new hardware and software titles for Switch and 3DS and which also included Nintendo DS software up 30,000, Wii software up 123,000, and Wii U software up 50,000 from the past three months alone.
● Watch the second video of Yoiko playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● The third Japanese TV commercial for Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● Introduction video for SEGA AGES SHINOBI here.
● The Japanese launch trailer for Biohazard 5 and Biohazard 6 and a promo video for Biohazard Triple Pack here.
● Yáng Jiǎn introduction video for Musou OROCHI 3 Ultimate (Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate) here.
● A 90 second introduction video for Bloodstained：Ritual of the Night here.
● The Japanese launch trailer for Sniper Elite V2 Remastered here.
● Promo video (Vtuber version) for Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!! here.
● The English accolades trailer for Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● The second episode of the second season of the Ninja Box web anime here.
● The Banana Fritters playing Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD here.
● Another Dengeki PlayStation Commentary video for Divinity: Original Sin II – Definitive Edition here.
● And a Famitsu livestream for Alliance Alive HD Remastered with Honoka Kuroki here.