Tuesday Update：Shigeru Miyamoto Honoured, Metroid Prime 4 Artist, Pokémon Trademark, New Good-Feel Game, And Much More！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Shigeru Miyamoteo became the first video game personality to receive the honour of “Person of Cultural Merit” in Japan. Miyamoto joins manga artist Moto Hagio as the class of 2019. Miyamoto, 66, said “I want to make the world smile with new things” and is currently involved with both Super Nintendo World and the Super Mario movie, with no sign of retirement anytime soon.
● Retro Studios have hired former Halo character modeller Kyle Hefley as its new lead artist with his first duties likely including Metroid Prime 4.
● Nintendo are selling Ring Fit Adventure accessories separately on the Nintendo Parts Store with the Ring-Con (without grip) priced at ¥4,950 ($35), the Ring-Con Grip priced at ¥660 ($6), and Leg-Strap priced at ¥1,100 ($10).
● An upcoming Minecraft Version 1.13.0 update (expected within 24 hours) will add foxes, brown mooshrooms, Structure Block functionality, character creator, and more.
● GungHo announced that the upcoming Switch game Puzzle & Dragons GOLD will be playable at the GungHo Autumn Game Festival at AEON Lake Town kaze on 24 November with all players receiving a free reflector band (pictured here).
● Chorus Worldwide announced that the localisation of the adventure game Headliner: NoviNews has gone gold and is all set to release in Japan on 12 December with preloads likely beginning in mid-November.
● AQUASTYLE aim to finish the third free update for Fushigi no Gensokyo -Lotus Labyrinth- (called “Vertoende”) by the end of November. Update screenshots posted here.
● The Fortnitemares 2019 event is now live in Fortnite adding the Storm King limited Time Mode and more. Check out the full details, including trailer, at this post.
● Kirby’s Epic Yarn and Yoshi’s Woolly World developers Good-Feel announced their very first self-published game with the top-down, twin-stick shooter MONKEY BARRELS which releases on the eShop next week (07 November). Check out screenshots, artwork, and a teaser scan from Weekly Famitsu here.
● Rideon Japan revealed that a new entry in the turn-based strategy Mercenaries Saga series is in development. No platforms were mentioned, but we’re confident of putting this in the Switch eShop section.
● Another Indie aired the inaugural “Another Indie Access” presentation (posted here) which included the games Retrograde Arena and Drill Man Rumble newly announced for Switch release.
● Eastasiasoft announced that Behind The Stone’s 2D PS Vita platformer Sir Eatsalot will be coming to Switch in 2020. Animated teaser trailer posted here.
● X.D. Network updated Muse Dash to Version 1.0.7 with a new music pack and more detailed (along with the new trailer) here.
● Dr. Mario World will undergo maintenance on 31 October at 15:00-19:00 JST (23:00-03:00 PT) with new characters (likely Dr. Donkey Kong and Dr. Diddy Kong) added to the game and a new area (pictured here).
● Dragalia Lost updated to Version 1.13.0 with a huge number of changes. Full patch notes posted here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the new Legendary Hero – Leif: Unifier of Thracia arrive for a Summoning Hero and Battle. Check out the artwork, video, and more event details here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock increased today by +770 (2.08%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 37,790.00 JPY.
● New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is the first Nintendo Switch game to be officially approved for release in mainland China with Tencent listed as the publishers. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Odyssey are expected to follow.
● Nintendo, Creatures, and Game Freak applied for a mystery new trademark (反逆クラッシュ) which translates as Hangyaku Crash (or Clash or Crush) for what is likely Trading card game related. View the actual application here.
● Former Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aimé will receive the Andrew Yoon Legend Award at the New York Game Awards on 21 January.
● Level-5 celebrated its 21st Anniversary yesterday with character plushies from the Yo-kai Watch, Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven, and more series (pictured here).
● And PlatinumGames celebrated the 10th Anniversary of Bayonetta today with a dedicated webpage including a message from Hideki Kamiya and a special illustration from Mari Shimazaki.
● Watch a Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition “Questions with Yuji Horii and Hokuto Okamoto” video here.
● A FAIRY TAIL “Magic and Action” trailer from Paris Games Week here.
● The English launch trailer for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD here.
● The English launch trailer for Disgaea 4 Complete+ here.
● And the latest SEGA Nama broadcast which included both Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD here.