Monday Update：Nintendo And Intelligent Systems Apply For Multiplayer Game Patent, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● The lead story is Nintendo and Intelligent Systems applying for an information processing patent aimed at improving interest in a multiplayer battle game by updating scores for each user in a team. Full details posted here.
● Entergram announced that The Ryuo’s Work is Never Done! (known as “Ryuoh no Oshigoto！” in Japan) will be coming to Switch and PS4 in 2020 as a visual novel shogi quiz game!
● The second DLC pack for Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout will release on 31 October with Weapon Coordinates that change weapon skins, Tao’s Story “Like a Twisting Rope”, and Lent’s Story “The True Power”. Screenshots posted here.
● The fourth free update for Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission arrives early November featuring 99 new cards and extra missions. Check out the promo video here. The Hero Championship was also announced for Jump Festa ’20 on 21-22 December.
● Check out all the screenshots and artwork for My Hero: One’s Justice 2 here featuring Izuku Midoriya, Kai Chisaki, All Might, Mirio Togata, Tomura Shigaraki, and the newly announced Mina Ashido and Minoru Mineta.
● Cosen announced that the visual novel The Fox Awaits Me (known as “Kitsune ga Boku o Matte Iru” in Japan) will release in Japan in Spring 2020. Key visual posted here.
● Check out the box art and packaging for the physical release of KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch here.
● All the in-store and early purchase benefits for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix in Japan are detailed here.
● SEGA AGES SHINOBI will launch this week (31 October) in Japan priced at ¥999. This is the 13th SEGA AGES title with only six more planned (Fantasy Zone, G-LOC AIR BATTLE, Herzog Zwei, Puyo Puyo Tsu, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Thunder Force AC).
● G-mode confirmed that the new Gunma’s Ambition game Gunma no Yabou Anata mo Watashi mo Gunma-ken will be coming to Switch in 2019, again developed by RucKyGAMES, and adding a four-player Minna de Gunma mode.
● Team Maniax’s arena battle game Retimed will be localised for Japan by Kakehashi Games who will be showcasing it on a niconico livestream set for 01 November at 20:00 JST. Riverbond and Sparklite will also be on the livestream.
● Capcom announced that Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 on Switch will each include a patch at launch that includes gyroscopic and motion controls.
● Dr. Mario World was updated to Version 1.1.2 that fixes several bugs (detailed here) with a free Staff Ticket for each player.
● Dragalia Lost will see the Featured Boss Qitian Dasheng arrive in Astral Raids on 02 November. Shishimai arrived this past weekend.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw a Voting Gauntlet Log-In Bonus ahead of the Haunted Heroes event which begins on 31 October. Check out the content update from this past weekend at this post. Finally, the new Legendary Hero (Leif: Unifier of Thracia) arrives tomorrow. Check out the introduction video here.
● Mario Kart Tour will see the Baby Luigi Cup as the ranked cup during the second half of the Halloween Tour.
● COMG! pre-orders this week have Pokémon Sword / Shield with 516 pts. This week’s rankings have Call of Duty Modern Warfare on top with 192 pts and Ring Fit Adventure second with 50 pts. TSYTAYA has Call of Duty at #1, Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town at #2, and Ring Fit Adventure at #3. GEO reported strong second week sales for Ring Fit Adventure (in second place) with Dragon Quest X Ibara no Miko to Horobi no Kami Online opening at #4 on Switch and #8 on PS4 (the Switch version is #11 and #5 with the other two stores).
● Check out the latest Super Nintendo World construction photos from the New York area here.
● Check out this month’s Nintendo Dream Most Wanted with Pokémon Sword / Shield on top and a high new entry for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock increased today by +290 (0.79%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 37,020.00 JPY.
● Watch all five local Japanese TV commercials for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers here.
● The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening “Landmarks of Koholint feat. Ulrira” video here.
● An introduction video for the Japanese packaged release for My Time at Portia here.
● A Saori Hayami × Musou OROCHI 3 Ultimate special video with the closing theme song here.
● A “Brave Cup Fall 2019” offline qualifying tournament video for Dragon Quest Rivals here.
● An NBA 2K20 “big hit” trailer here.
● A Sisilala TV episode featuring Ring Fit Adventure here.
● And a Dengeki PlayStation Commentary Battle System video for Divinity: Original Sin II – Definitive Edition here.