Friday Update：Nintendo Patent Indicates Trading Coming to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● The lead story today is from a joint Nintendo Co., Ltd. and DeNA Co., Ltd. patent application related to lotteries in games using Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp as an example. The 22 page PDF mainly covers features already applicable to Pocket Camp except for the transferring of purchased cookies to another user (essentially trading). Check out some sample images from the patent here.
● The new TETRIS 99 Grand Prix event has begun where netting 100 event points will earn you a Luigi’s Mansion 3 theme (pictured here).
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate also saw a collaboration with TETRIS 99 with the beginning of the Attack of the Tetriminos spirit event. Check out pictures of all five spirits here.
● Nintendo finally opened up a page where pre-purchasers of the Japanese version of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore can request a refund due to Nintendo not disclosing that the game would be based on the censored western Wii U version. Full details posted here.
● Nintendo updated The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening to Version 1.0.1 which fixes an error where certain conditions would cause Marin to stop moving in Toronbo Shores, and the game would then lock up.
● Nintendo also updated Ring Fit Adventure to Version 1.1.1 which fixes a bug related to uploading scores for Quick Play Online Ranking.
● Hamster announced four new SNK Arcade Archives series titles for Switch with Sasuke VS Commander from 1980, Guerrilla War from 1987, Ikari III: The Rescue from 1989, and P.O.W.: Prisoners of War from 1988. Mr. Ito also announced he is leaving SNK.
● Playful announced that New Super Lucky’s Tale will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 08 November priced at ¥4,900 with preloads now live.
● DICO announced that the action puzzle game based on the Eagle Talon anime Taka no Tsume VS Hae no Hane Dan will release on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥799 until 27 November and then ¥999. Screenshots posted here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment began a Bandai Namco Halloween Sale on the Japanese Switch eShop until 07 November with 22 titles discounted. Check out all the available titles and prices here.
● The best selling game on the Japanese Switch eShop this week was Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town which finally knocked moon off the top spot. See the top 10 for Switch and 3DS here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp added the Go for the Goals event with several goals available and rewards including Leaf Tickets!
● Dragalia Lost will see a weekend daily free tenfold summon event, which will allow you to perform a tenfold summon on Halloween Fantasia 2 for free once per day.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the beginning of Grand Conquests where Palla, Catria, and Est’s armies are battling across Archanea from the Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem game.
● Super Mario Run saw the Loads of Coins event return where winning at Toad Rally will earn you 1.5 times as many coins as usual.
● Nintendo and the Pokémon Company announced SUPER MARIO×POKÉMON 8 BIT SCRAMBLE series of merchandise at their respective new stores opening at Shibuya PARCO on 22 November. Check out all the Pokémon Center SHIBUYA’s goods (for Super Mario) here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock dropped yet again today by a massive -1,140 (3.01%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 36,730.00 JPY.
● The opening movie for Genso Manege (Rêver d’un manège) here.
● The character introduction video for Hilda in BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE Ver2.0 here.
● A Famitsu livestream for Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince here.
● Voice actress Shiina Natsukawa playing Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town here.