Wednesday Update：Nintendo TOKYO Website Opens, Luigi’s Mansion 3 Review, Halloween Tour Begins, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo announced an “Attack of the Tetriminos” spirit event for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate featuring I, T, S & Z, L & J, and O Tetriminos as pictured here.
● The IGN livestream with Goichi Suda and Hidetaka Suehiro saw an announcement of a horror indie game Hotel Barcelona with Switch name checked (so were Devolver Digital, although they haven’t confirmed). Check out the livestream here.
● The Nintendo Labo VR mini-game Bunbougu Mudazukai Senshuken (literally “Stationery Wasting Championship”) is now available and sees you waste three types of stationery for 10 seconds each. The next free title Multitasking Game is available on 06 November.
● Square-Enix updated Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition which basically just fixes a few minor bugs.
● There will be Nintendo Switch Online maintenance from 15:00 to 17:00 JST on 24 October (23:00 to 01:00 PT on 23/24 October).
● Check out the first screenshot for Android 21 in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch here.
● Sisters Royale-developers Alfa System announced -and released- a spin-off runner Sisters Runner on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at just ¥500. Check out the promo video here.
● Hamster’s only release this week is the Nintendo developed (and Satoru Iwata-programmed) Arcade Archives Golf priced at ¥838. It launches on 25 October. Screenshots posted here.
● The final teaser image for the new Inside System Nintendo Switch game was posted here with the game later revealed to be The Legend of Dark Witch (known as “Majin Shoujo -Chronicle 2D ACT-” in Japan) and releasing on the Japanese Switch eShop (and the rest of the world in a few hours) priced at ¥770 (although the early purchase price is just ¥616).
● Arc System Works announced the 2D action game Mononoke Slashdown (known as “Taima Ninpoujou～Youkai Jigoku-hen～” in Japan) for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (31 October) with preloads now live priced at ¥800. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Four demos released on the Japanese Switch eShop today with Eiga Sumikko Gurashi Tobidasu Ehon to Himitsu no Ko Game de Asobou! Ehon no Seka from Nippon Columbia, Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories from Granzella, Osyaberi! Horijyo! Gekihori ～Ana Horisuki Uchu wo Sukuu Tte Nandeyanen～ from Clouds Play Company, and The friends of Ringo Ishikawa from CIRCLE Ent.
● There’s also a free trial for Dragon Quest X Online to celebrate the release of Version 5 (Ibara no Miko to Horobi no Kami) today.
● And this week’s preloads include SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays for ¥9,020, SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Premium G Sound Edition for ¥13,200, Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Deluxe Edition for ¥4,758 (the regular price is ¥5,280), and Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun Gaiden Ikasuze! Kobayashi-san for ¥1,500.
● Big Boys Studio announced the 3D action game Otokomizu for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (31 October) priced at ¥980. Trailer coming soon.
● PM Studios’ music game MUSYNX shadow dropped on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥3,222.
● HOF Studios announced the 2D platformer Polyroll: The Rolling Bug for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (31 October) priced at ¥1,050.
● Plug In Digital announced the puzzle game PictoQuest for release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 07 November priced at ¥1,080 with preloads now live.
● Kemco dated the 2D RPG Asdivine Kamura for release in Japan next week (31 October) priced at ¥1,320.
● Rainy Frog announced the horror adventure game Dot Horror Story for release on the Switch eShop next month priced at ¥800. Introduction video posted here.
● Killhouse Games announced the side scrolling action game Door Kickers: Action Squad for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (28 October) priced at ¥1,500.
● Atypical Games announced the flight sim/combat game Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders 2 for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (31 October) priced at ¥2,100.
● ChubbyPixel announced the open world platform game Woodle Tree 2: Deluxe will also be releasing on a packed week next week (again 31 October) priced at ¥1,550.
● Ancient announced a DLC schedule for Mamotte Knight 3 (Susume!! Mamotte Kishi Hime no Totsugeki Serenade) beginning in December with new story, map, and skills. FM Sound Source packs were also announced beginning with “MD&PC88SBⅡ”.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see Pastel Glazier Cookie available tomorrow including the featured stained-glass fountain item. Look out for a dedicated post then!
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw pre-registration open for Grand Conquests which begins on 25 October and is a three-army battle between Palla, Catria, and Est, where the battlefield is Archanea from the Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem game.
● Mario Kart Tour saw the Halloween Tour begin adding Luigi, King Boo, Waluigi, Baby Luigi, Rosalina (Halloween), and King Boo (Luigi’s Mansion). Check out the official artwork and tour trailer here.
● Nintendo updated the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app to Version 1.10.0 implementing bug fixes.
● We’ve got the full translated Weekly Famitsu review for Luigi’s Mansion 3 here with the game scoring a 9/10 and 3 x 8/10.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1612 review scores included the aforementioned Luigi’s Mansion 3 with 33/40, as well as The Church in the Darkness with 27/40, Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition with 32/40, Etherborn with 28/40, Ghost Blade HD with 27/40, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 with 34/40, and MODEL Debut #nicola with 29/40. Check out the page with all the scores to date here.
● Ring Fit Adventure was the best selling game in Japan this past week selling 68,497 narrowly beating Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town in second place with 66,193. Check out the full top 10 here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock dropped again today by -440 (1.14%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 38,110.00 JPY.
● Watch NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #150 featuring Luigi’s Mansion 3, Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town, and Little Town Hero here.
● A Luigi’s Mansion 3 “Trick or Defeat” commercial here.
● The third SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays promo video (just the actual promo video part) here.
● Dengeki PlayStation character creation commentary video and commentary quest video for Divinity: Original Sin II – Definitive Edition here.
● And the latest Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX music video “INNER ALARM” here.