Friday Update：Ring Fit Adventure Launches, Nintendo Apologise For Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● After the releases of 1-2-Switch and the Nintendo Labo series; Nintendo are having their third attempt at the casual audience on Nintendo Switch with the release of Ring Fit Adventure. There’s not all that much buzz for the title at present, although word-of-mouth will certainly help this holiday season. And as our upcoming review will attest, there is arguably more gameplay on offer than Nintendo’s other mainstream offerings. Time will tell.
● After only just revealing that the Japanese Switch release of Genei Ibun Roku ♯ＦＥ Encore will be censored as in the western Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Nintendo have apologised for only revealing this fact after pre-orders have opened and have thus offered refunds for those wishing to cancel. Real Nintendo’s full apology at this post.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is seeing the “Hefty Heavyweights” tournament right now. Check out all 15 available fighters and the full list of rules here.
● Freestyle Games dated the physical release of Obakeidoro! for 19 December priced at ¥3,278. The digital release has already surpassed the 40,000 mark. Box art posted here.
● LOVE&ART (MAGES.) dated the otome game Genso Manege for release on 30 January priced at ¥7,480 for the standard edition with a limited edition also confirmed. Box art and promo video posted here.
● In more Ring Fit Adventure news: the game updated to Version 1.1.0 with Online Rankings, the Alarm function, and more. Check out the full patch notes here.
● Atlus gave the time of 12:00 JST on 24 October (20:00 PT on 23 October) when we’ll hear more news about Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers for Switch.
● Sega updated Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game where you can now challenge professional table tennis players Ai Fukuhara and Miu Hirano in-game until 31 October. Videos for both posted here.
● Koei Tecmo Games will deliver the second free update for Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout on 24 October adding an “Advanced Exploration Patch”, a “Highest Difficulty Patch”, and free Atelier series BGM pack DLC.
● All Pokémon Secret Club members will receive an in-game Pokémon Quest T-shirt to wear in Pokémon Sword／Shield to celebrate 150,000 members. Image here.
● New characters coming to One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 likely include Kaido, Hawkins, and Blackbeard.
● Moon is again the best-selling game on the Japanese Switch eShop beating out new entries from Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town, MISTOVER, and Overwatch Legendary Edition. Check out the full top 10 for both Switch and 3DS here.
● X.D. Network announced that they will be publishing the SpaceCans-developed top-down shooter Juicy Realm on the Switch eShop on 07 November priced at ¥1,500 (the initial price will be ¥1,200). New trailer posted here.
● NetEase have begun pre-registration for the battle royale game Knives Out (Kouya Koudou) with rewards for pre-registering, and even more if the total exceeds 100,000. Announcement trailer posted here.
● Worker Bee have priced the chiptune rhythm game Old School Musical at ¥1,280. It releases in Japan on 07 November along with the Toricity DLC featuring five TORIENA songs. Trailer here.
● Jcontents updated Platinum Train ～Nihon Juudan Tetsudou no Tabi～ to Version 7.0 adding a ton of content detailed here along with a promo video.
● The second DLC for the WINGLAY-developed Keotoshi! Treasure Hunter! will launch on 31 October for ¥550 with the Iiotonatati (Good adults) character set.
● The latest teaser image for the new Inside System Nintendo Switch game here. Expect the full reveal next week.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see Bob’s Circus Cookie in a few hours time which includes the featured item, big-top tightrope in the video posted here along with details of today’s Peacock Butterfly Goals event.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Halloween log-in bonus with up to 2,100 wyrmite over seven days, a huge list of upgrade items for today, Summon Showcase: Halloween Fantasia 2 (profiles for featured adventurer Mym, dragon Maritimus, and the trailer here), and the Facility Event: Trick or Treasure!
● Fire Emblem Heroes will see New Heroes: Zofia’s Call on 21 October featuring Forsyth: Loyal Lieutenant, Python: Apathetic Archer, Silque: Adherent of Mila, and Catria: Mild Middle Sister. Introduction video posted here with official artwork to follow. Today saw Bound Hero Battle Revival: Bartre & Fir.
● Approximate first day sell-through for new Switch titles in Japan are Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town with 60%, The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete Edition with 50%, and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory Complete Edition with 30%.
● Check out the winners from all 10 tournaments at Nintendo Live 2019 including for Splatoon 2, Super Mario Maker 2, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock dropped again today by -450 (1.15%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 38,610.00 JPY.
● Nintendo of America announced that Nintendo Switch and Lite have surpassed 15 million units sold in North America and it’s the best-selling console for 10 consecutive months in the U.S. 14 Switch titles are now million sellers in North America with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at more than six million copies each.
● Natsumi Atari’s TENGO PRJECT are working on their third title following the releases of both THE NINJA WARRIORS ONCE AGAIN and WILD GUNS Reloaded for Switch.
● In non-news (for now at least): Ikumi Nakamura and Hideki Kamiya want to make an Okami sequel. Full details posted here.
● Watch the “Adventure Trailer for Ring Fit Adventure here.
● A “how to play” video for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix here.
● The third (and a huge) promo video for SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays here.
● The first promo video for FLOWERS Shiki (Flowers: Les Quatre Saisons) here.
● The “First three DRAGON QUEST games – OUT NOW Trailer” here.
● A TV commercial for Dragon Quest X Ibara no Miko to Horobi no Kami Online featuring Otenki Nori and Rin Nagata here.
● Japanese launch trailer for A Hat in Time here.
● Japanese trailer for Splash Blast Panic here.
● Bliztank character introduction video for BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE Ver2.0 here.
● All six music theme videos for BRIGANDINE:The Legend of Runersia adding the Holy Gustava Empire here.
● A Little Town Hero release special here.
● And the 28th episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden here.