Thursday Update：Mario & Sonic Tokyo 2020 Demo, Nintendo Live Not Cancelled, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Apologies for the update being so late. I had a hellish journey home yesterday after missing my last train back from London. Sega released a demo for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 on the Japanese Switch eShop with the sports 110m Hurdles, Surfing, Badminton, Archery, and Karate playable in Tokyo 2020, and 10m Platform and Long Jump playable in Tokyo 1964. Opening movie posted here.
● Today’s typhoon update sees the Japan Meteorological Agency downgrade the intensity from “Violent” to “Very Strong” and Hagibis will move more towards the eastern coast of Japan. Several Rugby World Cup matches didn’t take place, although Nintendo have said that Nintendo Live 2019 will likely go ahead, although Sunday’s date will be delayed until 11:00am and see a reduced schedule. Check out a full page magazine ad for Nintendo Live here.
● In other Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 news: Toadette, Zavok, and Wendy as guest characters in 110m hurdles, Boxing, and Swimming respectively. Screenshots posted here.
● KEMCO announced KEMCO RPG Selection Vol.1 for release on Switch on 30 January priced at ¥3,980. The collection includes the games Asdivine Hearts, Revenant Saga, Antiquia Lost, and Dragon Sinker. Box art posted here.
● Marvelous updated DAEMON X MACHINA adding both competitive and cooperative online multiplayer to the game, plus a free decals set.
● Nintendo also updated Splatoon 2 to Version 5.0.1 fixing issues with the Ultra Stamp, Starfish Mainstage, and more. Full patch notes posted here.
● And Level-5 updated Yo-kai Watch 1 for Nintendo Switch to Version 1.1 with “improvements so you will be able to play more comfortably”.
● Puzzle & Dragons GOLD is still set for release this Winter and will include touchscreen controls where you can play horizontally with finger or stylus.
● Early purchases of Disney Tsum Tsum Festival can get free Pac-Man DLC until 31 January 2020. It’s not known whether it will then be sold separately.
● The Irregular Corporation will be releasing details of the Japanese localisation of the detective puzzle game Murder by Numbers next month.
● PLAYISM announced the bonus OST in the physical release of Coffee Talk has been changed from a download code to a CD.
● As well as the Mario & Sonic demo, demos for both Biohazard 5 and Biohazard 6 are also both available on the Japanese Switch eShop with both supporting English. Promo video posted here.
● Arc System Works dated the third Kunio-kun Switch game this year with Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kin Gaiden Ikasuze! Kobayashi-san releasing on the eShop on 07 November priced at ¥1,500. Promo video posted here.
● Onion Games’ RPG moon opened at number one on the Japanese Switch eShop charts. Check out the full top 10 (plus 3DS) here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the beginning of Fishing Tourney: Pumpkins and the Ghastly Gimmes event. Check out full details including pictured fish, rewards, and trophies here.
● Dr. Mario World saw a new Clinic Event begin with the aim to help Toad! There are both Examination and Treatment Phases with rewards including Toad Medals and Stagg Tickets.
● Dragalia Lost will see the Summon Showcase: Dragon Special begin tomorrow with the featured dragons Arctos, Freyja, and Siren. Look out for a dedicated post once it goes live!
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the new Hall of Forms event featuring Alm: Imperial Ascent, Celica: Caring Princess, Mae: Bundle of Energy, and Boey: Skillful Survivor. More details posted here.
● Check out this week’s full Nintendo-only Famitsu software and hardware charts with Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition still number one and a new entry for Super Robot Taisen V here. And check out this week’s Famitsu Most Wanted with Pokémon Sword／Shield again number one here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock dropped today by -590 (1.44%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 40,300.00 JPY.
● Nintendo of Europe announced that than 10 million consoles in the Nintendo Switch family have been sold across Europe with sales up 30% from last year and there are nine Nintendo-published titles that have surpassed the one million sales mark in Europe.
● Uniqlo will be releasing a cool Mario Kart Friendship collection in January. Check out the designs here. And remember – Kinopio runs to win!
● This year’s Jump Festa 20 on 21-22 December will apparently feature new information for Level-5’s Megaton-kyu Musashi. Last year saw a new promo video, but still no platform nor release date.
● Watch a Japanese introduction video and TV commercial for Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● Two Japanese TV commercials for Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town here.
● The first promo video for Motto! New Puzz Osomatsu-san ~Shinpin Sotsugyou Keikaku~ here.
● Two promo videos, a TV commercial, and three “Yokai Watch 1 in 30 seconds” videos for Yo-kai Watch 1 for Nintendo Switch here.
● The opening movie for SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays here.
● The Japanese launch trailer for MISTOVER here.
● Character trailer for Akatsuki in BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE Ver2.0 here.
● Japanese trailer for Divinity: Original Sin II – Definitive Edition here.
● Mana Saleesia Theocracy theme music video for BRIGANDINE:The Legend of Runersia here.
● An Arcade Archives promo video here.
● System introduction promo video for Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory Complete Edition here.
● And a Denjin☆Getcha! episode featuring moon and Invisigun Reloaded here.