Wednesday Update：Sirfetch’d Revealed, Nintendo Stock Up, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Removed, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● The pictured Wild Duck Pokémon, was officially revealed as Sirfetch’d, and an exclusive to Pokémon Sword. Check out the official artwork, screenshots, and trailer posted here.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will see “The Next Big Superstar” Super Mario themed tournament from 20-23 September which is limited to Mario series fighters and stages. Check out the full post of rules, available fighters, and stages here.
● Nintendo carried out server maintenance for both Super Mario Maker 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe although there were no in-game notifications and no additional contents been found.
● Gogeta (SSGSS) will be the next playable character in Dragon Ball FighterZ and is to be added next week (26 September) priced at ¥540 for the DLC pack.
● Marvelous have updated the Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town website with the marriage candidates with Goddess, Won, Kappa, and Gourmet.
● COMPILE HEART will finally be publishing the third person shooter Gun Gun Pixies (as Gun Gun Pixies HH) on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (26 September) with preloads now live at ¥5,140 (the regular price is ¥7,340). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Mediascape will be publishing Stardia’s 3D shooting game Flying Girl Striker on the Japanese Switch eShop next week too with preloads live at ¥1,500. A worldwide launch is likely due to English language support. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Alpha Code have announced the asymmetrical 2D action shooting game SPANNER for release on Nintendo Switch in 2020. Trailer posted here.
● Hamster’s only title this week is the 1982 Taito game Arcade Archives Time Tunnel priced at the usual ¥823. Screenshots posted here.
● Fellow Traveller announced that The Church in the Darkness will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 03 October priced at ¥1,980 with preloads now live at 20% off (¥1,584).
● Altered Matter announced that Etherborn will also release in Japan on 03 October priced at ¥1,780 with preloads 20% off (¥1,424). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Sparkle 3 Genesis will be coming to the Japanese Switch eShop next week (26 September) as Shinka no Himitsu Seimei no Hajimari and priced at the preload price of ¥450 (otherwise it’ll be ¥500). This is the third Shinka no Himitsu/Sparkle game to release in Japan. Japanese trailer posted here.
● No new demos this week with the new preloads (not mentioned above) are EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Nintendo Switch Legacy Edition for ¥5,500, MotoGP 19 for ¥7,182 (the regular price is ¥7,980), MISTOVER for ¥2,916 (the regular price is ¥3,240), and Trüberbrook for ¥3,500.
● There’s still a mystery over what happened to Zodiac Interactive’s One-way Ticket which didn’t release today as planned and has been removed from both the Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Store.
● Square-Enix removed Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 from the Japanese 3DS eShop earlier today although both Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Special Trial Version and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional are still available.
● Dragalia Lost will see the next Summon Showcase: Dragon Special begin tomorrow. Check out the featured dragons Liger, Cupid, and Nidhogg here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Bonfire begin featuring Myrrh: Great Dragon, Idunn: Dark Priestess, and Nah: Little Miss. Check out the new Tips & Tricks: The Chosen Ones video here.
● Monster Hunter World: Iceborne was the best-selling game in Japan again last week totalling 85,207 across both editions. DAEMON X MACHINA opened at #4 with 28,149 units sold. Check out the full top 10 here.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1607 review scores includes Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout with 34/40, Cardfight!! Vanguard EX with 31/40, CONTRA ROGUE CORPS with 32/40, Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX with 32/40, Ninja Box scored 31/40, Solo: Islands of the Heart with 28/40, and Worms W.M.D with 28/40. Check out the full page of review scores here.
● Also from Famitsu: the FAIRY TAIL RPG is approximately 50% complete, STAR OCEAN -First Departure R- is 85% complete, and Katanamichi Gaiden KATANAKAMI is 70% complete.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock increased today by +500 (1.19%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 42,390.00 JPY. This is the highest level for almost 16 months, since just before last year’s E3 on 30 May 2018.
● Nintendo Switch Online members with an annual subscription and recurring payments who purchased at the start of the service in September last year are seeing their memberships rollover.
● Nippon Ichi Software opened up a teaser website for a new title which is expected to be revealed next week.
● Watch the Japanese story trailer for ASTRAL CHAIN here.
● The Japanese launch trailer for AI: The Somnium File here.
● Character trailers for Il Fado de Rie, Canus Espada, and the pictured Ignis Carbunculus in Gensou Kissa Enchanté here.
● The Tokyo Game Show trailer for BQM BlockQuest Maker COMPLETE EDITION here.
● A Famitsu livestream for Arcade Archives Time Tunnel here.
● And a Famitsu livestream featuring Yuri Hama playing Celeste here.