Monday Update：Yo-kai Watch 4 News, Plus Trademark Special With SNES, Kirby, Radirgy, Karous, Sylvanian Families, And More！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Details of the upcoming major update to Yo-kai Watch 4 emerged a couple of days ago and we have them translated here and include the Dandanzaka map and the pictured boss yokai Nobose Tonman.
● Sega Games added Dream Events (Racing, Shooting, and Karate) to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. Trailer posted here.
● Eastasiasoft’s next Switch release is another retro shoot ’em up with Habroxia releasing this month. Vita owners will even get a physical version. Trailer posted here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Maple’s Autumn Cookie arrive. Check out the full item list, special memory, and introduction video at this post.
● Dragalia Lost will see Hypnos appear in Astral Raids from 21 September.
● Pokémon GO have welcomed Unova region Pokémon from Black & White today including Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove, Blitzle, and more. Trailer posted here.
● COMG! pre-orders are 334 pts for Pokémon Sword／Shield and 96 pts for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition. This week’s rankings see Monster Hunter World: Iceborne with 83 pts, Borderlands 3 with 49 pts, eFootball Winning Eleven 2020 with 41 pts, and DAEMON X MACHINA opening with just 30 pts.
● TSUTAYA rankings have a different top for with eFootball Winning Eleven 2020 on top, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne in second place, DAEMON X MACHINA in third, and Borderlands 3 in fourth.
● No stock market today due to Respect for the Aged Day so Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares remain at 41,600.00 JPY.
● Square-Enix will be localising Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line, and Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation for North America and Europe on 27 September priced at $4.99, $6.49, and $12.49 respectively.
● Nintendo of America announced an in-game Mario Kart North American Open tournament to win Gold Points and beginning on 22 September. We’ll do a full post as soon as it’s confirmed for Japan.
● UK charts have Borderlands 3 debuting at number one. Nintendo top 10 games are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe down to number six and Super Mario Maker 2 down to number 10. DAMEON X MACHINA opened at number 19.
● Many trademarks today including four from Nintendo! The highlight of which is a new trademark for SNES that covers a huge array of areas but may just be for the Nintendo Switch Online service and controllers. Check out the full application here.
● Two trademark applications related to Super Kirby Clash were also made for both the English name and the Japanese (スーパーカービィハンターズ – which translates to Super Kirby Hunters). Actual application posted here. Nintendo’s fourth trademark is for 消えた後継者 (which translates to Kieta Koukeisha, the second part of the first Famicom Tantei Club remake). Actual application posted here.
● The second of our patent posts covers what we believe is for the existing Toy-Con Motorbike. It is from earlier this month so may add additional elements (it’s 43 pages long). Check out the images used here.
● RS34 also applied for a couple of trademarks including for ラジルギ (Radirgy) and for Karous and カラス (this second trademark included both the English and Japanese words where-as the first was just for the Japanese.
● Epoch’s latest trademark applications for Sylvanian Families also included for a video game purpose. There were several releases back on the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance, but nothing on a Nintendo system in sometime.
● Sega Games applied for a new trademark for Project DIVA MEGA MIX (the new Hatsune Miku game for Nintendo Switch).
● Finally, a Yoshida Keisuke has applied for a pikumon trademark in Japan for purposes including a video game. We can’t find anything behind the trademark and are reporting it solely as it arguably infringes a similar named series.
● The first teaser trailer for Hinomaruko here.
● The release trailer for Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling here.