Monday Update：New Umihara Kawase Game, Crystal Chronicles Release Date, Bayonettas Being Removed, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Success announced that a brand new Umihara Kawase game is in development and will be revealed at the Tokyo Game Show. The assumed platforms are both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, although this has not been officially confirmed, in spite of being reported as such elsewhere.
● Square-Enix finally gave a release date for the eighth Final Fantasy title on Switch, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition, which will launch in Japan on 23 January priced at ¥4,800 + tax. View the box art and the Tokyo Game Show trailer here.
● Cosen announced that the visual novel game Kitsune ga Boku o Matte Iru (The Fox Awaits Me) has been pushed back to 2020 in Japan, but will now see a physical version release.
● Ubisoft revealed that Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection (containing both Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin’s Creed: Rogue) will also release in Japan on 06 December priced at ¥6,000 + tax. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Chorus Worldwide have announced that both the adventure game Headliner: NoviNews and the theme park management game Megaquarium will release at retail in Japan 12 December priced at ¥3,980 + tax each, or less for the digital versions. version.
● Eastasiasoft announced that will be publishing the bullet hell shoot ’em up Ghost Blade HD will release digitally in October with a physical release planned for Asia. Pre-orders open on the 12th. Check out the box art and contents of the physical package, and the trailer for the Switch version here.
● Check out the first screenshot for Carrot in One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 here.
● Freestyle Games announced a future update to the popular Obakeidoro! which will add new maps to the game. Teaser map posted here.
● Nintendo will be removing both Bayonetta and its sequel Bayonetta 2 from the Japanese Wii U eShop on 18 September for what is likely licensing reasons (the actual reason wasn’t divulged).
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Rad Red Dragonfly Goals newly available at Sunburst Island. Red dragonfly pictured here. There will also b maintenance for four hours on 11 September making room for the update that is detailed here.
● Dragalia Lost will see Shishimai added to Astral Raids on 14 September. Details here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the latest Grand Conquests arrive which will be fought across Múspell. A Grand Hero Battle Revival featuring Panne: Proud Taguel is also now live.
● Super Mario Run updated to Version 3.0.16 implementing bug fixes.
● COMG! reservation have Pokémon Sword／Shield with 311 pts and Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition with 81 pts. This week’s rankings have Monster Hunter World: Iceborne on top with 265 pts. The highest Switch entry is Tsuri Spirits Nintendo Switch version with a lowly 13 pts.
● TSUTAYA have the Monster Hunter World update at number one but a different underneath with Super Mario Maker 2 at #2 and ASTRAL CHAIN at #3. The Switch version of NBA 2K20 failed to chart in both.
● The Osaka leg of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Smash Ball Cup saw both NO GAME NO LIFE and Showers victorious with both team and solo going on to the finals at Nintendo Live 2019. View all the tournament footage here.
● Check out the Tokyo Game Show line-ups for Another Indie Studio at this post featuring four titles coming to the Switch eShop and for Kakehashi Games here featuring six. PLAYISM are also debuting four new games at the Tokyo Game Show (the reveal will be on the 11th), although there’s no indication towards platform.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock increased today by +440 (1.06%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 41,890.00 JPY.
● In UK charts: NBA 2K20 opened at #1, Spyro Reignited Trilogy opened at #2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe went up to #4, Super Mario Maker 2 is still at #7, and ASTRAL CHAIN dropped out of the top 10 to #11.
● Level-5’s action RPG Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl – Gold has received an ESRB rating. This game is available in Japan as The Snack World Trejarers Gold.
● The latest promo video for Jack Jeanne here with more information coming at the Tokyo Game Show.
● An English Trials Of Mana trailer here.
● The Dragon Quest Rivals Masters Cup in TGS2019 offline qualifying video here.
● A Japanese trailer for Valfaris here.
● A Japanese trailer for Trigger Witch here.
● The Denjin☆Getcha! segment for Final Fantasy VIII Remastered here.
● A Sisilala TV episode featuring a Clouds Play Company representative and the Switch shoot ’em up Osyaberi！Horijyo！Gekihori ～Ana Horisuki Uchu wo Sukuu Tte Nandeyanen～ here.
● PAX West gameplay footage for WayForward’s Vitamin Collection here. Famitsu say that the game has been translated into Japanese and the company are hoping to release it domestically.
● Another livestream featuring Sayumi Michishige playing Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and TETRIS 99 here.