Monday Update：SNK Fighter Likely Coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Banjo-Kazooie Expected Soon, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo UK accidentally added a “©SNK CORPORATION” on its listing for the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Challenger Pack 4 DLC. The page has since been taken down but the screen grab is posted here. Eligible characters include Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury), the pictured Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown), and Marco Rossi (Metal Slug)…
● Other Super Smash Bros. Ultimate news implies that the Challenger Pack 3 DLC (Banjo-Kazooie may arrive soon due to an in-store display (posted here) from a 7-Eleven store in Japan featuring the duo. The DLC is still scheduled for Fall, although is perhaps more likely to release earlier on in the season (after 23 September).
● The Karaoke JOYSOUND for Nintendo Switch app is having a trial campaign for the Autumn season with five popular songs able to each be sung once per day during September. The full list of songs are posted here.
● A Japanese magazine advert for SAMURAI SPIRITS (posted here) came before the SNK leak from Nintendo
● Team17 will publish the 3D platformer Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair on the Nintendo Switch eShop next month (08 October) where it is now available to preload on the Japanese Switch shop for ¥2,965 (the regular price is ¥3,295). Check out a new Japanese trailer here.
● Caramel Column announced that the Nintendo Switch version of ALTER EGO S (see this post from last week for more) will be a completely new game and not a port of the smartphone version. Screenshots added to the post.
● I’ve made a post regarding the upcoming Switch and smartphone visual novel game Fall In Love: The Knight Brothers, with debut trailer included.
● WINGLAY announced a Boku Tabo character set DLC for Keotoshi! Treasure Hunter! for release on 19 September priced at ¥432. Promo video for the game posted here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment have removed The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. game Saiki Kusuo no Sainan Shijou Saidai no Saina from the Japanese 3DS eShop without any notice. The demo has also been removed.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the second half of City Slickin’ with Kicks garden event begin with white-marigold seeds x 20 free for each player. Read more about the event at this post.
● Dr. Mario World will undergo maintenance on 05 September adding at least Dr. Baby Mario and Dr. Baby Luigi, and 20 new stages. Teaser image(s_ posted here.
● More than 10 million users have now downloaded the Pokemon Masters game from DeNA.
● Nintendo are now accepting PayPal on the Japanese My Nintendo Store, although a Japanese PayPal account is needed.
● Super Mario Maker 2 was the best-selling game for the third consecutive month in Japan, selling a further 141,338 units in August and Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console for the 18th consecutive month with 159,362. Check out more sales numbers here.
● Pokémon Sword／Shield reservations are 283 pts on COMG! with Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition up to 70 pts. This week’s ranking saw Azure Lane Crosswave on top with 100 pts with ASTRAL CHAIN second with 52 pts. TSUTAYA rankings have ASTRAL CHAIN and Azure Lane Crosswave’s positions reversed. GEO also have ASTRAL CHAIN on top, although no indication to how well it did.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock increased today by +90 (0.22%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 40,380.00 JPY.
● This week’s UK charts saw ASTRAL CHAIN open on top and the first PlatinumGames to achieve the honour. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is at at number five and Super Mario Maker 2 at number seven.
● Seiko are releasing a new set of Super Mario watches in their Alba series from 20 September, coming in three themes: Famicom Mario, Big Size Mario, and Active Mario. Check out images for each watch complete with prices at this post.
● DAEMON X MACHINA will see a graphic novel from publisher MF Bunko J in the near future with an original story by Ryuunosuke Higashi and illustrations by Masayuki Takano.
● The Dragon Quest Your Story movie has had more than one million viewers since it opened in Japanese movie theaters on 02 August.
● Watch a Japanese TV commercial for Nintendo Switch Lite featuring Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby Star Allies, and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening here and a “Welcome to the family, Nintendo Switch Lite!” video from Nintendo UK here.
● The Japanese launch trailer for DAEMON X MACHINA here.
● Boss battle footage for Dual Blade ～Battle of The Female Ninja～ here.
● Today’s two hour GOD EATER Official Live Broadcast here.
● Shantae and the Seven Sirens PAX West demo footage from Famitsu here.