Friday Update：Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Updated, Hatsune Miku Dated, Tom and Jerry Videogame Trademark, Plus Much More！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
After a several hour delay, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order was finally updated to Version 1.1.0 adding the (pictured above) Colossus and Cyclops, as well as new alternate costumes for Captain Marvel, Hulk, and Spider-Man (pictured here)…
● A huge day for Nintendo today as ASTRAL CHAIN released at retail along with the new Nintendo Switch consoles with improved battery life and reservations opened for the Nintendo Switch Lite portables.
● Hatsune Miku Project DIVA MEGA39’s (Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix in the West) was given a 13 February 2020 release date with a limited edition also announced. Check out the box art, LE contents, and new promo video here. HORI also announced a dedicated controller (pictured here) for release in early 2020. It certainly looks the part, but come with a hefty ¥37,778 ($355) price tag.
● The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate “Change Your Fate!” Spirit Board event is now live where you’ll receive a Shuffle All item and triple the usual Spirit Points for winning. The “Spirit Board Battle Set 2 – For Powerful Enemies” is also now available for free to all Nintendo Switch Online members and which gives each player 1500 SP, Rematch x5, Damage 50% x5, Weaken Minions x5, and Health Drain x5.
● Check out the full ASTRAL CHAIN patch notes for the launch day update here.
● Kadokawa Corporation are holding a game developing contest for owners of Pixel Game Maker MV on Steam where the winning entrant will see their title published on Switch!
● Level-5 announced that Yo-kai Watch 1 for Nintendo Switch will be playable in the family area at the Tokyo Game Show on 14-15 September although you will have to be a child or their guardian to play!
● Atlus will be showcasing new information for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers on 24 October. Check out a teaser video here.
● André Segers (GameXplain) tweeted that Luigi’s Mansion 3 will have achievements.
● Taito proved they are now all in with Nintendo Switch by announcing the rhythm game Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!! for November release on the eShop. Check out more details and the debut promo video at here.
● The roguelike shooter Risk of Rain 2 shadow dropped on the Japanese Switch eShop today priced at ¥3,500.
● Goonya Fighter was once again the best-selling Nintendo Switch eShop title for the last week (it was just 100 yen for the period) with ASTRAL CHAIN preloads up to #2. Preloads for The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening also debuted at #5. Check out the full top 10 for Switch and 3DS here.
● Members of the Pokémon Secret Club who have pre-ordered Pokémon Sword／Shield will receive a Shiny Necrozma code for the 3DS Pokémon Sun Moon and Ultra Sun Moon games from 06 September-14 November. Further details are available here with the screenshots posted here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see Wolfgang’s Cog Cookie arrive in a few hours with the featured item being an astronomer’s telescope. Check out the full list and introduction video here. Today saw the new Old-Timey Town terrain options. Leaf Tickets are required, but this at least looks the part. Check out he details and an image here.
● Dragalia Lost will see the next Summon Showcase, Windswept Warriors begin in a few hours. Check out profiles for the featured adventurer Victor and featured dragon Vayu, along with the trailer here.
● Super Mario Run saw the Loads of Coins event return for the umpteenth time where winning at Toad rally will net you 1.5 times more coins.
● This week’s Famitsu Most Wanted (posted here) saw Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition as the most wanted Nintendo title with 1,212 (covering a two week period due to Obon). Ushiro was again the highest Newcomer with 837.
● The first day sell-through for DEAD OR SCHOOL is approximately 40%. As always, these percentages mean next to nothing without an indication of shipment size.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock increased today by +110 (0.27%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 40,290.00 JPY.
● Nintendo’s booth at PAX West will include playable demos for both The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening and Luigi’s Mansion 3.
● House House finally dated Untitled Goose Game for release on the eShop on 20 September. I’ve emailed the developer to find out whether this date also extends to Japan. Check out the release date trailer here.
● Kazuya Niinou, who recently left Square-Enix after directing the Dragon Quest Builders series, has become the Studio Director of the Type-Moon studio BB who will be making smaller 2D games and larger 3D games with other developers.
● The Fire Emblem: Three Houses Japanese theme tune, sung by Caro, is now available to purchase at most of the usual outlets (iTunes, mora, Rekochoku, and BEING GIZA STUDIO), as well as being singable in Karaoke JOYSOUND for Nintendo Switch. Check out the artwork here.
● Turner Entertainment Company Inc. have applied for a Tom and Jerry trademark in Japan which includes for “providing a video game for home video game machines”.
● A second promo video for Toraware no Palm here.
● The first promo video for the upcoming Switch JRPG Masou no Viator here.
● An introduction video to the investigations part of AI: The Somnium Files here.
● The NBA 2K20 Neighborhood trailer here.
● Another promo video for Disgaea 4 Return here.
● A Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX IGNITER music video here.
● DAEMON X MACHINA soundtrack samples here.
● A River City Girls gameplay video here.
● A character theme BGM video for Neji Kuromon in Jack Jeanne here.
● A Famitsu gameplay video for Automachef featuring Shiina Natsukawa here.
● PAX West Demo footage for Streets of Rage 4 here.
● And the 21st episode for Dragalia Lost Radio Garden here.