Thursday Update：Astral Chain Launches, La-Mulana 1 Announced, GetAmped Mobile Ends, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
ASTRAL CHAIN is now available on the Japanese Switch eShop and at retail once the stores open. I’m 1/2 hour in and it’s incredible thus far! The game was also updated to Version 1.0.1 (patch notes soon!). The game is currently #2 on the Japanese Switch eShop at time of posting.
● Capcom will likely announce a game on a Special Stage at the Tokyo Game Show on 15 September from 14:05-15:00 JST which will likely see the next title after the biohazard series, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, and Devil May Cry to be ported to Switch.
● Nigoro announced that La-Mulana 1 will be coming to Switch in Spring 2020 with the west seeing the game first as a double pack containing both series’ titles and with NIS America publishing. The Japanese distribution method wasn’t disclosed. English trailer posted here.
● Passion Republic Games announced the giant monster arena brawler GIGA BASH for Switch. Unsure whether it will be physical or digital only. Check out the awesome art here.
● City Connection confirmed they will be publishing the vertically scrolling shoot ’em up Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special (The Game Paradise CruisinMix Special) in Japan later this year. Again it’s unknown whether this will be physical or digital only. Promo video posted here.
● Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! will see the Vocaloid Song Pack Vol. 3 and Tatsujin Challenge Pack Vol. 7 both release next week (05 September) priced at ¥540 apiece and each adding five new songs.
● Check out the Japanese box art and Switch trailer for SAMURAI SPIRITS here.
● I’ll put this in the Switch section and not eShop, although if it does release it will likely be digital only, but Anabuki Design College students are developing an action game MAJIKESI for Switch and will be exhibiting it at the Tokyo Game Show in September. Last year’s exhibited title was GET BACK DIAMOND. Check out an off-screen photo and artwork for MAJIKESI here.
● The service for GetAmped Mobile has now ended on both Nintendo Switch and mobile with the game no longer able to be downloaded. CyberStep didn’t comment on the reasons, although the game’s lack of commercial success is likely a major factor.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment today published Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Lite Version on the Switch eShop today as a free download until 29 November 2019, where it will then no longer be available.
● Square-Enix finally revealed the release date for Romancing Saga 3 with the game available in Japan on 11 November priced at ¥3,500. Check out screenshots, today’s livestream, and a new trailer here.
● Square-Enix also updated the demo for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition to Version 1.0.1, fixing the game crashing bugs.
● SAT-BOX announced two more games for Switch release with Keshigomu Otoshi Battle Royale (Battle Royal Eraser) scheduled for Winter and Bokura no School Battle (Our School Battle) scheduled for December. It’s logical to assume that with the English titles revealed, that both games will be coming to the west.
● Anela Games Studio announced the action game Flan for Switch developed by AECRNIA (who are also working on both ELMIA and Sushi Party for Switch).
● Eastasiasoft will be localising the 2D twin-stick action-adventure game Trigger Witch for the Japanese market in Spring 2020 and the 2D action-platformed Valfaris with o date. Check out screens and trailers for both titles here and here.
● ONE O ONE GAMES announced the open-world driving combat game FURY ROADS SURVIVOR for Switch. Trailer posed here.
● Ember Entertainment announced the collectible card game／RPG Realm of Alters for release on Switch in 2019.
● GameTomo announced that will be publishing the adventure game Lost Ember domestically on the Japanese Switch eShop in late 2019. Announcement trailer posted here.
● The third demo to release on the Japanese Switch eShop this week (after Automachef and the second demo for Ninja Box is for NBA 2K20.
● Bird Bath Games announced the roguelite farming simulator Atomicrops will be coming to the Japanese Switch eShop in 2019. Reveal trailer posted here.
● Kakehashi Games announced they will be localising the adventure RPG Haven for release in Japan. Teaser trailer posted here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the City Slickin’ with Kicks garden event begin along with the Fetching Fall Leaves seasonal event, Check out the images for the autumn maple tree, autumn-leaf chair, and red pile of leaves here.
● Dragalia Lost will see the Skyborne Spectacle raid event revival begin on 31 August, and which will feature a new difficulty level.
● Dr. Mario World saw an Eliminate the Viruses event begin along with a Diamond Sale. Check out the rewards here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Voting Gauntlet: Brave Rivalries begin with the first round seeing Micaiah vs. Ike, Alm vs. Berkut, Eliwood vs. Hector, and Camilla vs. Hinoka. A new map, Winds, Howl!, is also available in Tactics Drills: Grandmaster.
● Pokémon Masters is now available on iOS and is currently number one on the Japanese App Store. Check out the launch trailer here.
● Check out this week’s full Nintendo-only Famitsu charts here with Super Mario Maker 2 at #1 with 22,582 units sold and new entries for ONINAKI (12,730 units) and Mary Skelter 2 (2,056 units).
● And this week’s DENGEKI TOP50 here with the only other new entry Katakoi Contrast ―Collection of Branch― opening with 1,467 units sold. Arcade Love: Plus Pengo! sold less than 573 units.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock dropped today by -170 (0.42%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 40,180.00 JPY.
● Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. applied for a trademark for its portable baseball game series Pawapurokun Pocket (パワプロクンポケット) in Japan. The application includes for a video game, although this doesn’t guarantee one is coming. An entry geared towards the Nintendo Switch Lite would definitely work. Check out the actual application here.
● Watch a promo video for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD here.
● The debut promo video for Musou OROCHI 3 Ultimate (Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate) here.
● The fourth (and all four) web anime episodes for Ninja Box here.
● The ninth (and all nine) voice drama trailers for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition here.
● A system gameplay video for Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout here.
● The second promo video for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate here.
● The Japanese launch trailer for Super Cane Magic ZERO here.
● A Japanese gameplay trailer for FIA European Truck Racing Championship here.
● The English Season Pass trailer for Dragon Quest Builders 2 here.