Tuesday Update：Nintendo Tokyo Opens Its Doors On 22 November, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
SHIBUYA PARCO will open in Japan on 22 November which means that Nintendo TOKYO will also be newly opening then, acting very much like Nintendo NYC in selling character merchandise, games, and consoles, as well as holding in-store events.
● D3 Publisher announced the Osomatsu-san puzzle game Motto! New Pazu Matsu San ~Shinpin Sotsugyou Keikaku~ will be releasing for Nintendo Switch on 05 December with six limited editions also announced!
● Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will also include 10 classic 2D events. The release date was set for 01 November in Japan, the 5th in the Americas, and the 8th in Europe. Check out the reveal trailer for the 2D events here.
● The Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order DLC Pack 1 arrives on 30 September adding Blade, Moon Knight, Punisher, and Morbius, and a new Gauntlet Mode which is an intense series of co-op challenges in rapid succession.
● 3goo announced they’ll be publishing Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden – Deluxe Edition for Switch in Japan on 21 November including a physical version.
● One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 will be adding six new playable characters joining Luffy including Sanji, Jimbei and Reiju. Check out the game’s first promo video here.
● Capcom have said that Toraware no Palm will be playable on Nintendo Switch Lite in mobile mode although if playing the vertical screen, it is not compatible with controller input.
● And check out the patch notes and hairstyles for the final free content update to Dragon Quest Builders 2 here.
● Square-Enix finally gave a release date for FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered, releasing on the eShop on 03 September for ¥2,500. Promo video and 4Gamer gameplay trailer posted here.
● Two games available to preload today on the Japanese Switch eShop are The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening priced at ¥6,458 and requiring 5.8 GB, and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 priced at ¥6,469 and requiring 6.3 GB.
● Koei Tecmo Games will be releasing Monster Farm (Monster Rancher) for Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android later this year with no PlayStation 4 version planned. The port is currently 70% complete.
● Teyon Japan announced a Fall update to Human: Fall Flat, although no indication yet into what it will entail.
● Nintendo sent out reminders for the refund deadline for both the Wii Shop Channel Balance and Nintendo Points Cards being on 30 August at 17:00 JST.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw a large in-app update adding the saw stag, gar, and whale shark, increasing animal friendship levels to 35, and decreasing the Leaf Tickets required for crafting. Check out the full patch notes here. The game will also see Beau’s Artisanal Cookie arrive in a few hours with the full list of items and video here.
● Dragalia Lost will be updated to Version 1.11.0 on 27 August with added icon displays during quests, certain co-op quests will allow you to use the Auto feature, display improvements, balance adjustments, and more. I’ll make a separate post nearer the time.
● Dr. Mario World will see new stages in a few hours time!
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Solo Skills (featuring Lethe, Corrin, and Flora), Daily Summoning Event: Heroes with Vantage (featuring Ishtar, Reinhardt, and Mia), and Grand Hero Battle Revival – Garon: King of Nohr. Also, watch the first episode of Royalty Convenes (A View from the Throne) here.
● A Kirby Hat Studio lottery was announced by Bandai Spirits, beginning on 06 September in many stores across Japan. Check out the full list of items and the promo video at this post.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock increased today by +50 (0.13%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 40,010.00 JPY.
● After the release of Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition next month, no further Microsoft titles are expected on Nintendo Switch according to a company statement made to GamesIndustry.biz.
● Watch new footage of an unseen town in the Gala region in Pokémon Sword／Shield introduced by Shigeru Ohmori here.
● Our Nintendo Presents at Gamescom 2019 post beginning with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and ASTRAL CHAIN. Tomorrow will see new trailers for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition on Thursday.
● A Famitsu gameplay video for CONTRA ROGUE CORPS and a Konami PVP Mode gameplay video here.
● The Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD theme song sung by the Banana Fritters here.
● And one of the main vocal themes for ASTRAL CHAIN here.