Friday Update：Feh Channel Recap, Three New Yokai, No Switch Launch Date For China, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
Fire Emblem Heroes saw another Feh Channel broadcast which included Feh’s Summer Celebration with daily bonuses and events for the game’s 2 1/2 year anniversary along with the brand new Lost Lore event and Choose Your Legends: Round 3. Full notes and video posted here.
● Level-5 revealed three more yokai for the Yo-kai Watch 4 Version 1.3.0 update in early August with Chokkey, Shiwomaneki, and Kawauso. Check out the profiles and pictures here.
● Nintendo updated Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order to Version 1.0.2 which fixes the issue where you could select the same character more than once.
● Prototupe have fully opened up the official website for Omega Vampire (here). The game is also recently available to preload.
● Cosen announced the action shooting game Sea King Hunter for release on the Switch eShop next month priced at ¥1,000／$9.99. Check out the smartphone version trailer here.
● SAT-BOX announced their sixth tabletop sports game for Nintendo Switch with Tsukue de Rugby scheduled for 05 September priced at ¥800 with preloads live from 22 August. Promo video posted here.
● Kemco announced the 2D JRPG Asdivine Menace as also releasing on the Switch, although in September, and after the other systems, where it will be priced at ¥1,296. Promo video posted here.
● Devolver Digital will also be publishing the co-op platformer Heave Ho on the Japanese Switch eShop on 29 August with Kakehashi Games providing localisation. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Alfa System announced a new summer update and the paid DLC character OZ for the shoot ’em up Sisters Royale 5 Shimai ni Iyagarase o Ukete Komatteimasu.
● Hachikuma’s upcoming RPG Susanoh ～Nihon Shinwa ＲＰＧ～ will now be published by Mebius. Expect a release date to be announced soon.
● Yusuke Hisano revealed that the 2D action puzzle game JumpGun! has now gone gold and is expected to release in the next few weeks.
● Fire Emblem: Three Houses was the best-selling game on the Japanese Switch eShop for the hits consecutive week. Check out the full top 10 for Switch and 3DS here.
● 68 more games have also been added to the Japanese Switch eShop sales including both One Piece titles. There’s also 60% off Hexologic worldwide which is now priced at just ¥236 in Japan. Check out the full list here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Fun in the Sun Packs available to purchase in-game with the Regular including Leaf Ticket x 300 (160 + 140 bonus) and a Golden HH Voucher x 1, and the Deluxe including Leaf Ticket x 1500 (800 + 700 bonus), and Golden HH Voucher x 3.
● Dragalia Lost updated to Version 1.10.1 fixing the issue where the number of required eldwater was not displayed correctly when attempting to redeem a wyrmprint under certain circumstances. Each player was sent a Tenfold Summon Voucher.
● Dr. Mario World players received 10 x hearts (5 x hearts x 2) due to the game’s ongoing maintenance.
● Fire Emblem Heroes also saw Summoning Focus: Hero Fest (with Tibarn: Lord of the Air, Tiki: Torpid Dragon, Surtr: Ruler of Flame, and Nailah: Unflinching Eye), Grand Hero Battle Revival (with Oliver: Admirer of Beauty)m and Daily Summoning Event: Movement Skills (with Elincia: Lost Princess, Tana: Winged Princess, and Amelia: Rose of the War).
● The Nintendo Switch Online app updated to Version 1.5.3 where bug fixes have been implemented.
● New Shadow Pokémon in Pokémon GO include Poliwag, Grimer, Muk, Drowzee, Hypno, Cubone, Scyther, Magikarp, Houndour, Houndoom, and Ralts.
● Super Mario Run saw the return of the Friendly Run Event where players receive Rally Tickets whether they win or lose playing Friendly Run.
● The Dragon Quest Natsumatsuri 2019 begins in a few hours at 18:30 PT (10:30 JST) with the latest information on Dragon Quest XI S and likely the release date for Dragon Quest X Online Version 5 (which will be getting a retail release in Japan, albeit with a digital code for the game). You can watch the event here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped today by -1,150 (2.78%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 40,290.00 JPY.
● In information from the Tencent and Nintendo press conference in Shanghai today: no details on the launch date nor the price. The eShop will accept payments with WeChat Pay, and Tencent will also be running a cloud game service (Google are blocked in China).
● Hobonichi are preparing publication of the Satoru Iwata book Iwata-san in various languages and will make an official announcement soon. Although nothing is definite, it looks extremely promising.
● SNK said that a Next-Gen NEOGEO hardware is coming with a modern design that links to the NEOGEO Mini. More information is expected soon.
● OCTOPATH TRAVELER‘s producer Masashi Takahashi expressed again his interest in making a new home console game after the the mobile game Octopath Traveler: Conquerors of the Continent is finished.
● Watch the first Switch version promo video for Super Robot Taisen V here.
● A “Girls Make Games – Super Mario Maker 2 Day” video here.
● A “Nintendo Labo – Director Insights, Part 2 video here.
● The latest Sega Nama broadcast includes the Switch games Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD, Hatsune Miku Project DIVA MEGA39’s, and Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game here.
● And the 17th episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden here.