Thursday Update：Final Mario Tennis Aces Content, Nintendo Live 2019 Announced, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
After Dry Bowser became the final new character in Mario Tennis Aces last month (and available to non-Nintendo Switch Online subscribers today), the final costumes arrived in the game today with Blue and Red Koopa Troopa colours, and Blue and Green Koopa Paratroopa colours. Yoshi’s Ring Shot also returned today with returning Blue, Red, and Yellow Yoshi colours. Check out screens for the Koopa Troopa/Paratroopas here.
● Nintendo announced a Nintendo Live 2019 two day event to take place at Kyoto International Conference Center on 13-14 October which includes an Off the Hook and Squid Sisters concert, a Super Mario Maker 2 Special with Yoiko, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournaments, Splatoon 2 tournaments, a Super Mario Maker 2 tournament, a Nintendo Labo contest, several Splatoon 2 events, a gameplay area, and merchandise.
● Square-Enix announced a final free update will be coming soon to Dragon Quest Builders 2 with the full details airing on YouTube on 08 August at 21:00 JST.
● FuRyu’s upcoming fashion game MODEL Debut #nicola which is scheduled for 01 November release is priced at ¥6,782 and currently 70% complete. Check out the box art and debut promo video here.
● Season X of Fortnite is here with the main gimmick being a new two-person mech outfit called B.R.U.T.E. with one player controls moving and the other firing. Check out the full v10.00 patch notes plus the story and overview trailers here.
● In an update to yesterday’s post: FIA European Truck Racing Championship will release at retail in Japan on 31 October priced at ¥5,616. Check out the box art and promo video here.
● Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! will receive more DLC next week (08 August) with the Tatsujin Challenge Pack Vol. 6 priced at ¥540 for five Namco Original songs, plus five individual songs priced at ¥162 apiece. More details here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment updated GOD EATER 3 to Version 1.45 adding EX Time Attack Missions, New Assault Missions, bug fixes, and more.
● Nippon Ichi Software updated Jinrui no Minasama he where both “Current location” and “Destination” will now be displayed on the map in the game.
● 3goo have permanently reduced the price of Gear.Club Unlimited 2 from ¥6,264 to ¥5,184 plus distributed the new Sheriff Pack DLC priced at ¥280 and including four new vehicles.
● Satoshi Igarashi of PlatinumGames updated the ASTRAL CHAIN DEVblog today with some clips of songs straight from the soundtrack.
● Check out a two-page Japanese magazine advert for Crystal Crisis here – the game launched in Japan today.
● Spike Chunsoft updated Cadence of Hyrule：Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. Zelda no Densetsu to Version 1.0.2 adding Achievements, two-player leaderboard, rhythm vibration, colour blind assist, game credits, balance adjustments and bug fixes.
● STING have updated Macho de Pon! ZZ to Version 1.1. adding the new Team Battle Mode. Check out the promo video here.
● Soldier Storage have decided on the name of PRINCESS NIGHT-ReBirth- for the Switch version of the PRINCESS NIGHT mobile game. It was also confirmed for the Tokyo Game Show next month. Check out a screenshot here.
● Double Drive also shared a new screenshot for Wakusei Daisensou Iseijin X・Kyoufu no Chikyuu Shinryaku Tour here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the limited-time Yukata Collection 2019 newly available plus the Yukata Collection 2018 available once again. Check out the full list of items here. Today also saw the the beginning go the Special Log-In Bonuses with an Isabelle mask!
● Dragalia Lost players received a a gift of 1,200 wyrmite to celebrate the current raid event. The purchase count for valuable items which have set monthly purchase counts from the shop was updated and the limit on rewards which can be redeemed in the Void Battles Treasure Trade was reset.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Voting Gauntlet: Beach Ballot Battle round one begin featuring Laegjarn vs Lyn, Laevatein vs Wolt, Helbindi vs Lilina, and Gunnthrá vs Ursula.
● This week’s full Nintendo-only Japanese software and hardware charts with six new Switch games appearing are posted here. Fire Emblem: Three Houses opened at number one with 143,130. In new entries outside of the multiformity top 10: Piofiore no Banshou -ricordo- opened with 5,279 and KILL la KILL the GAME -IF- opened with 2,615.
● The DENGEKI TOP50 has Fire Emblem: Three Houses opening with 162,865 – almost 20,000 more than Famitsu. Psikyo SHOOTING LIBRARY Vol.1 opened with 3,308 units here although didn’t chart with Famitsu. Hell Warders didn’t chart on either and thus sold less than 754 copies.
● The latest Famitsu Most Wanted charts (posted here) sees Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition again at number one after being replaced by Pokémon Sword／Shield last week. Ushiro is again number one in the Newcomers chart.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares soared today by +1,340 (3.34%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 41,440.00 JPY. U.S. shares are also up by 2.51% at time of posting
● Nintendo Switch Online members can download and play Mario Tennis Aces for free from 07-13 August with Game Trials. The game will also beavailable to purchase for 33% off from 07-20 August with the progress Game Trials being carried over. This offer applies to both North America and Europe.
● Nintendo of Europe will be posting new gameplay videos for Luigi’s Mansion 3, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, ASTRAL CHAIN, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, and The Witcher III: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition at Gamescom from 20-22 August in Cologne, Germany.
● I’ve updated the My Nintendo Rewards here as a number of new items have been re-added (including SD cards), a number of physical rewards have had their expiration date extended, and the Yoshi Canvas Pouch is no more! In more site news: I’ve updated the list of eShop releases this week here.
● Nintendo have begun a new Game de Kaiketsu! (Solve the Game) Nintendo Labo-themed series. Watch the first episode here.
● A Super Smash Bros. Ultimate TV commercial featuring the Dragon Quest Hero DLC here.
● The seventh and final (plus the other six) videos of Yoiko playing Super Mario Maker 2 here/
● A promo video for the upcoming Version 1.3.0 update for Yo-kai Watch 4 featuring the Yougoku Sumo Hall and Raidenryu here.
● Two Japanese TV commercials for ONINAKI here.
● The fifth (and all the other four) Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition voice drama trailer featuring Sylvando here.
● And this week’s Denjin☆Getcha! (here) includes a Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled segment.