Monday Update：Yo-kai Watch 1 And Ninja JaJaMaru-kun Coming To Switch, Smash Bros. Presentation, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
Level-5 finally confirmed Yo-kai Watch 1 for Nintendo Switch for release on 10 October priced at ¥4,980 + tax. Check out the box art and screenshots here and pre-order here – use the code JPNINTENDO for 5% off. Retail and digital copies will come with a download code for Chairman McKraken for Yo-kai Watch 4.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will reveal the release date of Hero from the Dragon Quest series in a 22 minute video presentation tomorrow at 22:00 JST (06:00 PT) with Masahiro Sakurai presenting. The Version 4.0.0 update was also accidentally revealed by Nintendo of Europe for 31 July (likely 30 July in North America) with fighter adjustments and more.
● City Connection announced Ninja JaJaMaru-kun Collection for undisclosed platform(s) this winter. Nintendo Switch has aready been revealed in Taiwanese ratings. The collection includes Ninja JaJaMaru-kun (1985), JaJaMaru no Daibouken (1986), JaJaMaru Ninpou Chou (1989), JaJaMaru Gekimaden Maboroshi no Kinmajou (1990), Ninja JaJaMaru Ginga Daisakusen (1991), and an all new series title called JaJaMaru no Youkai Daisakusen. Video posted here.
● Nintendo UK confirm Janemba as a new playable character in Dragon Ball FighterZ with five alternative outfit colours, Lobby Avatar, and Z Stamp.
● Humble Bundle today published the 2D open world game Forager on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥1,980 and with Kakehashi Games handling the localisation. Launch trailer posted here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Go for Goals event and the Pop Quiz: Sanrio Characters both available.
● Dragalia Lost updated to Version 1.10.0 which adds a new Alliance feature where you can build a team of up to 30 players. Check out the full patch notes here.
● Dr. Mario World players received another 10 hearts due to the ongoing maintenance for the game.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Weekly Revival 8 yesterday featuring the 5★ focus Heroes Katarina: Wayward One, Minerva: Red Dragon, and Genny: Endearing All, all with an initial appearance rate of 4%. The Voting Gauntlet: Log-In Bonus also begun. The next update arrives in Early August with new weapons to refine: Selena’s Blade (Selena: Cutting Wit), Beruka’s Axe (Beruka: Quiet Assassin), Book of Orchids (Mae: Bundle of Energy), and Inscribed Tome (Boey: Skillful Survivor).
● Reservations for Pokémon Sword／Shield are already 187 pts at COMG!. Last week’s sales have Fire Emblem: Three Houses at number one with 172 pts, followed by Rune Factory 4 Special with 70 pts, and Tsuri Spirits Nintendo Switch Version with 32 pts. TSUTAYA have Fire Emblem at number one, Professional Baseball Spirits 2019 at two, Rune Factory 4 at three, and Super Mario Maker 2 at four. GEO again has Fire Emblem at number one, saying that sales are high, Tsuri Spirits is number two, followed by Baseball Spirits and Rune Factory 4.
● Nintendo Dream asked its readers which character they thought would make the best king. King Dedede received the most votes. Check out the full top 10 here.
● Nintendo will have a Nintendo Labo booth at Maker Faire Tokyo 2019 at Tokyo Big Sight this upcoming weekend with the Bazooka Toy-Con from the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit and the Robot Toy-Con from the Nintendo Labo Robot Kit both playable.
● Nintendo will also have a booth at the third Zentame festival again this upcoming weekend in Gifu, Japan with the indie games Heave Ho, Untitled Goose Game, and Lonely Mountains: Downhill all playable.
● Sega Games also revealed their line-up for Zentame with Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game, Puyo Puyo eSports (Puyo Puyo Champions), Team Sonic Racing, and Crash Bandicoot Racing Buttobi Nitro！(Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled). Check out the merchandise here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased today by +100 (0.25%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 40,320.00 JPY.
● UK charts saw Fire Emblem: Three Houses at number one selling more than double Awakening and double combined Fates did in their opening weeks. Wolfenstein: Youngblood opened at number two, Super Mario Maker 2 is down to number three, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order is down to number six, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is down to number eight.
● Bandai Namco announced that Disney Tsum Tsum Festival will launch on 08 November in North America and Europe (it’s 10 October in Japan). New trailer uploaded here.
● Playful announced that New Super Lucky’s Tale will also launch for North America and Europe on 09 November. Second trailer uploaded here.
● The Good Smile Company revealed some of their upcoming line-up of figures including Nendoroid Zelda: Breath of the Wild Ver., and the pictured below figma Splatoon Boy, figma Edelgard von Hresvelg, Nendoroid Waddle Dee, Grookey/Scorbunny/Sobble, and Nendoroid Bayonetta, all pictured here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd.’s latest trademark application is for the Nintendo Switch Lite for purposes of video game console. Check out the actual application here.
● The Japanese announcement trailer for Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince here.
● The English Disgaea 4 Complete+ “Valvatorez For Overlord” story trailer here.
● A short gameplay trailer for the Japanese release of Vambrace: Cold Soul here.
● A Sisilala TV episode featuring KILL la KILL the GAME -IF- here.
● And an OCTOPATH TRAVELER music recording introduction video for the mobile game here.
● Thanks to Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, Brion Furnell Creative for design, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter @japaneseswitch, and please buy me a coffee!