Tuesday Update：Oninaki Demo, Super Robot Wars V And X, Diabolik Lovers Grand Edition, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
Square-Enix published a demo for ONINAKI on the Switch eShop with all data transferable over to the full game which is now available to preload for 10% off (¥5,637 instead of ¥6,264). Check out a new introduction video and the early purchase benefit here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced both Super Robot Taisen V and Super Robot Taisen X for Nintendo Switch with both game’s featured in this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu. The former title is 95% complete from this teaser scan so is expected in the next few months.
● Otomate／Idea Factory announced DIABOLIK LOVERS GRAND EDITION for Nintendo Switch (which includes the visual novels Diabolik Lovers Limited V Edition and Diabolik Lovers More, Blood Limited V Edition) for 21 November release in Japan priced at ¥6,800 + tax for standard physical editions and ¥8,800 + tax for a limited edition. Promo video for the PlayStation 4 version posted here.
● PLAYISM will be publishing the Switch and PS4 version of Necrobarista in 2020 in Japan with the Steam version releasing in Q3 2019. The game will include 14 languages at launch, adding French, Canadian French, Italian, German, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Turkish, Arabic, and Portuguese. Check out the Japanese promo video here.
● No More Heroes 3 will be one of the feature games in this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu and include an interview with Grasshopper Manufacture’s Goichi Suda and composer Nobuaki Kaneko. Teaser scan posted here.
● The Version 1.04 patch of Fushigi no Gensokyo -Lotus Labyrinth- will be submitted later this week which will fix bugs. The Version 1.05 patch will deliver additional scenarios. AQUASTYLE are also working on Versions 1.06 to 1.14.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment will be releasing the Version 1.0.4 patch to Doraemon Story of Seasons this month which will make several adjustments.
● In Fortnite v9.41 patch notes: the Storm Scout Sniper Rifle weapon and Birthday Presents and Birthday Cake items were added to Battle Royale. Movie Set Prefabs were added to Creative with the Prop Hunt Limited Time Mode available on 25 July.
● Saitama Games have posted a picture of the Samurai in the Switch game they are crowdfunding for (see this post for further details). The campaign is at ¥85,900 of its ¥100,000 goal with the deadline date of 31 July.
● SmileBoom have updated Puchikon 4 SmileBASIC to Version 4.1.0 with improvements to PLAYMENU (including sorting out pubic games, and searching via tag option) and FILEMENU (adding tags to published work).
● It’s the fifth year anniversary of both Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe. Check out the 5th anniversary art here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Fishing Tourney: Poolside begin and includes the golden whale pool float (pictured here) as one of the major rewards after earning the gold trophy.
● Dragalia Lost saw a new Summer Vacation event begin with full details posted here. The Summer Siren event was announced for 31 July featuring the new dragon, Siren.
● Dr. Mario World players received 40 x Diamonds, 10 x Hearts, and 3 x Staff Tickets in their Doc Box due to the game’s ongoing connectivity issues. The second event also came out with the Star Event. Full details of that along with a teaser image for a New Map at this post.
● Fire Emblem Heroes will see Tap Battle: Illusory Dungeon: Three Houses begin on Thursday.
● The Pokémon Company finally released Pokémon Rumble Rush (Pokémon Scramble SP) on the iOS App Store worldwide. Introduction video posted here. Also check out the Rewards page which includes rewards for the game, and our updated Mobile page which, whilst not including Pokémon Rumble Rush, does include all first-party content with the Apps, Stickers, and Themes sections now easily laid out.
● Splatoon 2 saw a number of new physical and digital My Nintendo rewards today including Towel, B2 Poster Set, Sticker Set, Final Fest Wallpaper, FA-11 Custom Gear, and Ika V Collaboration Gear. Check out images of all new items here and a list of all rewards for Japan here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped again by -260 (0.65%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 39,950.00 JPY.
● Sega Europe announced that Two Point Hospital will get a physical and digital Switch release in late 2019 with the announcement trailer posted here.
● Strictly Limited Games will open up pre-orders for a physical VASARA Collection on Switch on 27 July. Japan will get the game digitally on 14 November. New trailer posted here.
● NekoNyan have reached the stretch goal on Kickstarter for the localisation of Aokana: Four Rhythms Across the Blue for Switch.
● Watch the fifth promo video for Yo-kai Watch 4 (heavy metal version) here.
● The Japanese version of the opening movie for Digimon Survive plus the Digimon panel at Anime Expo 2019 here
● “Time to start exploring in Pokémon Ruble Rush” trailer here.
● The latest Sega Nama broadcast looks at Hatsune Miku Project DIVA MEGA39’s, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD, Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game, and more here.
● A Famitsu livestream featuring voice actress Asami Imai playing PICO PARK here.
● And a brief look at a visual novel script engine for otome games for Puchikon 4 SmileBASIC here.
● Thanks to Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, Brion Furnell Creative for design, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my new Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter @japaneseswitch, and please buy me a coffee!