Friday Update：Kirby Voted Fave Character, Dragon Quest XI S Goes Gold, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
Kirby again is voted the number one favourite videogame character of the readers of the Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream, Mario is number two for the second week running, and Pikachu moves up to the third position with Link down to fourth. Check out the top 10 here.
● Hokuto Okamoto of Square-Enix revealed that the Japanese version of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition has gone gold. Work is still continuing on the overseas release. And check out images of the pouch from the Loto Edition here.
● Nintendo of Japan also confirmed that “it is possible for the Protagonist to have same-sex relationships with certain characters” in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Check out the full translated quote here.
● Game Source Entertainment will be publishing a packaged version of My Time at Portia in Japan later this year priced at ¥4,104. Check out the box art here.
● This weekend’s in-game events include the Splatoon 2 Chaos vs Order Final Fest and the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Triple EXP & SP spirit event.
● Nintendo updated the newly released Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order to Version 1.0.1 adding support for online multiplayer the DLC menu, support for bonus costumes when purchasing the Expansion Pass, and bug fixes.
● FuRyu have updated the The Alliance Alive HD Remastered website with new information and screenshots about the Snow Realm and Crystal Realm worlds, along with several battle videos.
● The pre-order bonus of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD in Amazon Japan will be some wallpaper.
● UNTIES have updated Fushigi no Gensokyo -Lotus Labyrinth- to Version 1.0.3 with just bug fixes.
● Chorus Worldwide have postponed the release of the shoot ’em up VASARA Collection from Summer to 14 November although the Switch version will be digital only. The PlayStation 4 will see a physical version however (box art posted here).
● X.D. Network announced the comedy action game Roguelike Hero (or Mumen Hero as it’s known in Japan) for release on the Switch eShop worldwide later in 2019. Check out the reveal trailer here.
● No More Robots will also be releasing the downhill mountain biking game Descenders for Switch in Japan in Q4 2019. Switch reveal trailer posted here.
● Check out this week’s Japanese Switch and 3DS eShop charts here with Fire Emblem: Three Houses preloads still number one and ASTRAL CHAIN debuting at number three.
● Animal Crossing: New Leaf will see the second Bug Off bug-catching event of 2019 begin tomorrow.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp updated to Version 2.5.2 making room for future Sanrio collaboration events and implementing bug fixes. New dragonfly goals are also available with darner dragonfly and banded dragonfly, and rewards including Leaf Tickets, Fortune Cookies, and Sparkle Stones. Every player also receives several Dr. Mario World gifts with Blue, Yellow, and Red Virus tees, and a Mario Bros. ‘stache pictured here.
● Dragalia Lost will see a Daily Free Summon Event from 20-22 July with Flames of Reflection and Summon Showcase: Dragon Special showcases applicable. Summon Showcase: Dragon Special also begins tomorrow with the featured dragons Nyarlathotep. Pazuzu, and Nidhogg profiled here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes will see a New Heroes: Three Houses summoning event on 22 July featuring Edelgard: The Future, Dimitri: The Protector, Claude: The Schemer, and Byleth: Proven Professor from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Check out the introduction video here.
● Super Mario Run saw the return of the Bonus Medals x 1.2 in Remix 10 event where the Bonus Medals you can collect on Remix 10 will be multiplied by 1.2.
● Nintendo posted some pictures of the first Hack Kids in Tokyo event here.
● The first day sell-through for Sumikko Gurashi: Gakkou Seikatu Hajimerun Desu in Japan is approximately 20% with Fushigi no Gensokyo -Lotus Labyrinth- around 50%.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +240 (0.59%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 41,190.00 JPY.
● THE NINJA SAVIORS – Return of the Warriors will release in North America and Europe on 30 August (the Japanese version The Ninja Warriors Once Again releases next week).
● Watch an introduction video for the packaged version of TETRIS 99 here.
● An Arc System Works livestream for Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun Gaiden River City Girls here.
● Off-screen gameplay footage of SEGA AGES SHINOBI here.
● And a Fire Emblem: Three Houses Officers Academy trailer here.
● Thanks to Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, Brion Furnell Creative for design, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my new Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter @japaneseswitch, and please buy me a coffee!